Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2019 Draft needs to hit 3 HRs( like John Dorsey did)
(12-26-2018, 01:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not saying Mayfield is a HOF-er, but the fact that you are comparing his first year starting for a squad that won 1 game out of their past 33 to the best year of Dalton's 8 year career might be a bit telling.

It just seems like you are saying you don't see what the Mayfield hype is all about since Andy Dalton played better than him for most of one season in 8 years.

I can see what the Mayfield hype is about in Cleveland but nationally they need to slow down. The thing about the hype train that pisses me off is that if Andy Dalton has played for the Browns or Jets these last 8 years they would have a totally different attitude towards him. 

Can you imagine if Dalton would have led the Browns to five playoff appearances? The Jets?  They would have built a shrine to him in Cleveland and the media would be praising him.

Its not like the Browns didnt do anything to help Mayfield out  this year. They went out and signed Jarvis Landry. They have a great offensive line and a good defense. 

I wasnt comparing that year to his specifically. I was saying that we had a QB that could have challenged for the MVP. Does that not mean anything to you? You could actually compare any year of Dalton's to what Mayfield is doing this year. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 06:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hubbard makes some splash plays...and he's improving of late. I wouldn't call him Good this year...but I think in 2-3 years he might develop into a solid player.

The Browns have atleast 3 rookies better than him.

He is the third rated rookie edge player right now according to PFF.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 06:54 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He is the third rated rookie edge player right now according to PFF.

But he's a Bengal, so consider the source.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 06:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hubbard makes some splash plays...and he's improving of late. I wouldn't call him Good this year...but I think in 2-3 years he might develop into a solid player.

The Browns have atleast 3 rookies better than him.

This entire post is just plain goofy.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 12:36 AM)impactplaya Wrote: the Browns turnaround quietly happened 2 years under Sashi Brown. but the Browns success
this year would not have been possible without  the play of Msyfield,Chubb and Ward.
those players arent merely good they are trending toward great sooner than later.

The Bengsls have to hit 3 HRs in the 2019 Draft in order to turn around 3 non playoff seasons.
not just serviceable starters.but immediate IMPACT PLAYERS.
DIFFERENCE MAKERS. Top.10 players at their position.

quite simply for a.team.built through the draft,its not getting enough from its recent drafts.

It would help if we had 2 top 5 picks.  We won't have 1.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 06:48 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: I can see what the Mayfield hype is about in Cleveland but nationally they need to slow down. The thing about the hype train that pisses me off is that if Andy Dalton has played for the Browns or Jets these last 8 years they would have a totally different attitude towards him. 

Can you imagine if Dalton would have led the Browns to five playoff appearances? The Jets?  They would have built a shrine to him in Cleveland and the media would be praising him.

Its not like the Browns didnt do anything to help Mayfield out  this year. They went out and signed Jarvis Landry. They have a great offensive line and a good defense. 

I wasnt comparing that year to his specifically. I was saying that we had a QB that could have challenged for the MVP. Does that not mean anything to you? You could actually compare any year of Dalton's to what Mayfield is doing this year. 

Dalton having a good 2015 does mean something to me, but I don't see why Daltons performance 3 losing seasons ago should be bigger news than the 1st overall pick of 2018 playing today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 09:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Dalton having a good 2015 does mean something to me, but I don't see why Daltons performance 3 losing seasons ago should be bigger news than the 1st overall pick of 2018 playing today.

Dalton replaced a good QB too. Cleveland finally finding one after 25 years is obviously going to be a big story.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 09:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton replaced a good QB too. Cleveland finally finding one after 25 years is obviously going to be a big story.

The Browns have Mayfield and a new hc to speculate about. We are on a 3 losing season streak and we are looking at likely going into 2019 holding the status quo. What can the media possibly say about Dalton and Marvin that isn't going to get us whining that they are hating on us?

Maybe the media should talk about Derek Carr and Ryan Tannehill having good seasons a few years ago before going back to losing.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 12:36 AM)impactplaya Wrote: the Browns turnaround quietly happened 2 years under Sashi Brown. but the Browns success
this year would not have been possible without the play of Msyfield,Chubb and Ward.
those players arent merely good they are trending toward great sooner than later.

The Bengsls have to hit 3 HRs in the 2019 Draft in order to turn around 3 non playoff seasons.
not just serviceable starters.but immediate IMPACT PLAYERS.
DIFFERENCE MAKERS. Top.10 players at their position.

quite simply for a.team.built through the draft,its not getting enough from its recent drafts.

Baker, Ward, and Chubb were all selected in the first 35 picks. It’s easier to hit on picks the earlier you select. The Bengals will only have one pick in the top 40 (unless they trade up, which would be very unlikely).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 06:54 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He is the third rated rookie edge player right now according to PFF.

Next you guys will be trying to tell me how great John Ross was this year because he catches TD's.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 07:21 PM)McC Wrote: This entire post is just plain goofy.  

How so?

Which of Mayfield, Chubb, or Ward is Hubbard better than?

Some of the posters on this board think that every young Bengals player is great...
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 10:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Baker, Ward, and Chubb were all selected in the first 35 picks. It’s easier to hit on picks the earlier you select. The Bengals will only have one pick in the top 40 (unless they trade up, which would be very unlikely).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What GM has made more high picks than Mike Brown, though?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 10:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How so?

Which of Mayfield, Chubb, or Ward is Hubbard better than?

Some of the posters on this board think that every young Bengals player is great...

You're comparing a third rounder to the first pick in the draft, the fourth pick in the draft and a second rounder.  Goofy.

You say maybe he'll be good in two or three years.  Goofy.

I know it cracks your very soul to say anything good about a Bengal, but come on. Hubbard had a good rookie year, got better as the year went on.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 10:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Browns have Mayfield and a new hc to speculate about.  We are on a 3 losing season streak and we are looking at likely going into 2019 holding the status quo.  What can the media possibly say about Dalton and Marvin that isn't going to get us whining that they are hating on us?

Maybe the media should talk about Derek Carr and Ryan Tannehill having good seasons a few years ago before going back to losing.

Im not saying they should do feature stories on him at all. I just mean they should give Dalton a little respect and not treat him as if he is a scrub and not accomplished anything. 

Its ok for them to get excited by a QB, Im just saying Mayfield has done nothing  yet. Just because the Browns got some loudmouth rookie, Im not ready to say "Well they are good and we will be in last place now" like everyone else seems to be. 

Dalton is better than Mayfield at this point and who knows, Mayfield may end up being better down the road but Im not giving him that title yet. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 11:34 PM)McC Wrote: You're comparing a third rounder to the first pick in the draft, the fourth pick in the draft and a second rounder.  Goofy.

You say maybe he'll be good in two or three years.  Goofy.

I know it cracks your very soul to say anything good about a Bengal, but come on.  Hubbard had a good rookie year, got better as the year went on.

This is a thread talking about how we need to hit 3 HR's like the Browns. We don't have 2 1st Round picks that I see.

I said that Hubbard started the year poorly and improved. Look the PFF numbers back it. He was in the 50's most of the year and is now rated 65. He was bad to start the year...and he got better to where he's now above average. I think he has a lot of promise for the future.

I'm not going to say he's a star though...because he isn't.

He did make a lot of splash plays though and those seem to be what it takes to win in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 12:46 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Im not saying they should do feature stories on him at all. I just mean they should give Dalton a little respect and not treat him as if he is a scrub and not accomplished anything. 

Its ok for them to get excited by a QB, Im just saying Mayfield has done nothing  yet. Just because the Browns got some loudmouth rookie, Im not ready to say "Well they are good and we will be in last place now" like everyone else seems to be. 

Dalton is better than Mayfield at this point and who knows, Mayfield may end up being better down the road but Im not giving him that title yet. 

re: Dalton - When you don't win playoff games...you don't get respect by the national media.

Who knows what Mayfield will do? But, he was the 1st pick of the draft and his book has a lot of blank pages that are to be written.

I think if we were being objective and we had the option of taking Mayfield on a rookie contract, or Dalton at his salary...most of us would take Mayfield.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 12:46 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Im not saying they should do feature stories on him at all. I just mean they should give Dalton a little respect and not treat him as if he is a scrub and not accomplished anything. 

The nfl is in the business of selling today and tomorrow unless you are selling SB wins and HOFers from years gone by.

Off the top of my head Dalton, Keenum, Carr, Josh McCown, Bortles, Tannehill, and Alex Smith have all done more than Mayfield has this year and they are all still active in the NFL in one way or another.  That's fine but that also isn't the most exciting list of QBs going right now either.

Also, I don't think the media is down on Dalton as much as you do, but Dalton and Mayfield played and it wasn't particularly close.  Wecwill see what 2019 brings, but it's hard to fault the NFL for pushing the team on the rise and not us.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2018, 01:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk there’s a few pretty big misses in there...

John Copeland
Dan Wilkinson
Ki-Jana Carter
Akili Smith
Peter Warrick
Justin Smith
Carson Palmer
AJ Green

Carson and AJ weren’t misses. However,you could argue both of them were pretty big hits. Both most likely are responsible for Marvin being around as long as he’s been. Injuries devastated Carson’s time here along with terrible coaching and terrible defenses.

Pity that AJ’s talent will have been wasted on a team that due to coaching could never consistently perform on both sides of the ball for a full game.
Reply/Quote

I hate Mayfield as much as the next guy but it’s not fair to compare Mayfield to Dalton unless you are comparing rookie years. Statistically speaking Mayfield beats Andy hands down and has one game left to break the rookie record for passing TDs and that’s with not starting 3 games.

It would be difficult to argue against the idea that had if Mayfield had started the season they’d most likely would have won the AFC North or at the very least a wild card spot.

I’m not sure if Hue is to blame but that team was seriously underperforming and is very well built, finally showing their potential. Even though Mayfield’s antics have already worn thin on me, he has a fire Dalton never had. There’s a chemistry between Mayfield and the rest of their offense I’ve felt Dalton has always lacked.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2018, 11:28 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Carson and AJ weren’t misses. However,you could argue both of them were pretty big hits. Both most likely are responsible for Marvin being around as long as he’s been. Injuries devastated Carson’s time here along with terrible coaching and terrible defenses.

Pity that AJ’s talent will have been wasted on a team that due to coaching could never consistently perform on both sides of the ball for a full game.

I thought that was pretty obvious...

Reply/Quote