Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Edge Defender Class
We have talked alot about Chase Young, Joe Burrow, and the rest of the Quarterback class but I realized no one is talking about this strong group of Edge Defenders.

AJ Epenesa
Bradlee Anae
Julian Okwara
Yetur Gross-Matos
Terrell Lewis
Curtis Weaver
Alton Robinson
K'Lavon Chaisson
Josh Uche

This is a really solid class and some of these guys are gonna be definitely be around at the top of the second or even the top of the 3rd.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like Gross-Matos and Robinson. Epenesa will go quite high and is a terror.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 06:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I like Gross-Matos and Robinson.  Epenesa will go quite high and is a terror.

Terrell Lewis is guy that is really flashing after coming back from injury. Anae doesnt wow you with this overall athleticism but he has a great get off and just creates pressure..he pretty much is the Utes pass rush. Josh Uche will slide because hes only a pass rusher but damn can he explode and dip around the corner.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 05:54 PM)Synric Wrote: We have talked alot about Chase Young, Joe Burrow, and the rest of the Quarterback class but I realized no one is talking about this strong group of Edge Defenders.

AJ Epenesa
Bradlee Anae
Julian Okwara
Yetur Gross-Matos
Terrell Lewis
Curtis Weaver
Alton Robinson
K'Lavon Chaisson
Josh Uche

This is a really solid class and some of these guys are gonna be definitely be around at the top of the second or even the top of the 3rd.

All the more reason to go for the franchise QB with the 1st pick.

Reply/Quote
Isn't Chase Young an edge defender?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 11:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Isn't Chase Young an edge defender?

I said I the opening line all we've talked about is Chase Young Joe Burrow and the QB class... So I thought a discussion of the rest of the edge class would be a nice diversion.

Like Alabama's Terrell Lewis who is really having a strong year. Lewis has everything you want in an edge defender Size Length speed power. He can stand up put his hand in the dirt rush outside inside stop the run. He can play 43 end or 34 OLB. He understands how to use his length to create space between him and the Offensive tackle and can use a variety of different pass rush moves and counters. He has taken a huge jump from his sophomore year.

Reply/Quote
Julian Okwara is a guy. He has the explosion bend length strength to use every move in the pass rushers tool box. He kinda reminds me of Brian Burns from last year. He is probably the most dangerous edge pass rusher after Chase Young.

Reply/Quote
Chaisson is having a great game vs Texas A&M probably playing himself into the first round.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 09:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All the more reason to go for the franchise QB with the 1st pick.

Nope go chase young and then go get Jordan Love
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 06:54 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Nope go chase young and then go get Jordan Love

Or Joe Burrow then go Dylan Moses then go Josh Jones

Or Burrow Chaisson Niang

Or Burrow Wanogo Lewis

Or Young Tua Jones...

The possibilities are endless.

Reply/Quote
There are plenty of Young/Burrow Threads let's discuss some of the other edge defenders in this one please. Thank you.

Reply/Quote
Lol
Reply/Quote
Well, I'm a proponent of Curtis Weaver, from Boise St.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
After watching Alabama game, I think Lewis is a Bengal type of player. I do think Bengals will trade Dalton for another 2nd rounder. It will be hard to pass on Dylan Moses but if Bengals draft Burrow, then maybe Kindley (LG), Lewis, and maybe Landman (LB). Or Burrow, Moses, Kindley, Lewis. That would be pretty stacked with those 4.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I've noticed over the last few weeks the Bengals are running ALOT of odd man fronts (34 defense fronts). They have alot of guys on the defensive line that can easily make the switch but they dont have a true Jack Linebacker.

K'Lavon Chaisson could fill that role as a guy that can play in space or rush the passer kinda like what TJ Watt and Matthew Judon do for their teams respectively.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 12:41 PM)Synric Wrote: I've noticed over the last few weeks the Bengals are running ALOT of odd man fronts (34 defense fronts). They have alot of guys on the defensive line that can easily make the switch but they dont have a true Jack Linebacker.

K'Lavon Chaisson could fill that role as a guy that can play in space or rush the passer kinda like what TJ Watt and Matthew Judon do for their teams respectively.

They have been playing Hubbard there and he looks good. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: They have been playing Hubbard there and he looks good. 

He has and hasn't looked bad in man coverage either but I just believe Chaisson would make help if they wanted to go 34 front exclusively. Allows them to be more versatile.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:23 PM)Synric Wrote: He has and hasn't looked bad in man coverage either but I just believe Chaisson would make help if they wanted to go 34 front exclusively. Allows them to be more versatile.

I once argued we should switch to a 3-4 and let Hubbard play Jack because he was recruited to OSU to be a safety and has the athleticism to be in space. It never hurts to add depth, but there is no way I am taking Hubbard off the field he has been the most consistent player on the defense this season.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2019, 05:54 PM)Synric Wrote: We have talked alot about Chase Young, Joe Burrow, and the rest of the Quarterback class but I realized no one is talking about this strong group of Edge Defenders.

AJ Epenesa
Bradlee Anae
Julian Okwara
Yetur Gross-Matos
Terrell Lewis
Curtis Weaver
Alton Robinson
K'Lavon Chaisson
Josh Uche

Wait, you mean it's not Chase Young or bust?!  Say What
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 03:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: I once argued we should switch to a 3-4 and let Hubbard play Jack because he was recruited to OSU to be a safety and has the athleticism to be in space. It never hurts to add depth, but there is no way I am taking Hubbard off the field he has been the most consistent player on the defense this season.

I was thinking more like Hubbard Atkins Billings Dunlap Chaisson or if they go heavy Hubbard Atkins Billings Topou Chaisson...or if they go light Lawson Hubbard Atkins Dunlap Chaisson.

Reply/Quote