Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019 Team Captains
Is there an actual job function of team captains? I mean, do they lead the charge into battle or sit behind the lines pretending to tell the troops where to attack like most captains? 
I think there should be a well defined purpose to team captains other than popularity. 
I dunno.. I'm not exactly well schooled in the ins and outs of Bengals team captains. Maybe it's just have a C in their uniforms that makes other teams look up to them in awe and say, "GEE I wish I was a Bengal!" 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 05:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: Is there an actual job function of team captains? I mean, do they lead the charge into battle or sit behind the lines pretending to tell the troops where to attack like most captains? 
I think there should be a well defined purpose to team captains other than popularity. 
I dunno.. I'm not exactly well schooled in the ins and outs of Bengals team captains. Maybe it's just have a C in their uniforms that makes other teams look up to them in awe and say, "GEE I wish I was a Bengal!" 

They go out there for coin tosses.  It's a show of respect from your teammates.  Make of that what you will.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 05:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: I dunno.. I'm not exactly well schooled in the ins and outs of Bengals team captains. Maybe it's just have a C in their uniforms that makes other teams look up to them in awe and say, "GEE I wish I was a Bengal!" 

FWIW I'm pretty sure every team names captains.
Reply/Quote