Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 April Draft Challenge
Ok fans, this will be the last Mock for 2020.  It has been a long road but it was nice to see how names have changed over the months.  This helped a lot of fans get to know players that may be in a Bengal uniform.  This time there will be 3 simulators to choose...

Fanspeak (Which has had some issues loading) https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/index.php  (go with latest big board, and Steve team needs.  Use Classic).  

TDN https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-drafts

and a new one:  pro-Football Network  (Pick fast it goes quickly) https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

Post your best of the 3 and the winners will be announced on draft day!  Make sure you label which site you used; like PFN, TDN...
Good luck...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I do like it for getting to learn about different prospects. Just read a little about Charlie Heck when doing this one. I havent done many mocks where I'm not getting an OT early so I am unfamiliar with late round ones. He is a late round OT I wouldnt mind rolling the dice on. NFL bloodlines and his dad is an NFL coach. And he is massive.

Here is a fanspeak
1: R1P1
QB JOE BURROW
LSU
33: R2P1
EDGE ZACK BAUN
WISCONSIN
65: R3P1
LB MALIK HARRISON
OHIO STATE
107: R4P1
DL JAMES LYNCH
BAYLOR
147: R5P1
OT CHARLIE HECK
NORTH CAROLINA
180: R6P1
TE THADDEUS MOSS
LSU
215: R7P1
OT YASIR DURANT
MISSOURI
Reply/Quote
I used Profootball Network for this...

Joe Burrow
QB LSU
CIN 33.
Cesar Ruiz
C Michigan
CIN 65.
Josh Jones
OT Houston
CIN 107.
Chase Claypool
WR Notre Dame
CIN 147.
Cameron Brown
OLB Penn State
CIN 180.
Evan Weaver
ILB Cal
CIN 215.
Jacob Breeland
TE Oregon
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 07:16 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I do like it for getting to learn about different prospects. Just read a little about Charlie Heck when doing this one. I havent done many mocks where I'm not getting an OT early so I am unfamiliar with late round ones. He is a late round OT I wouldnt mind rolling the dice on. NFL bloodlines and his dad is an NFL coach. And he is massive.

Here is a fanspeak
1: R1P1
QB JOE BURROW
LSU
33: R2P1
EDGE ZACK BAUN
WISCONSIN
65: R3P1
LB MALIK HARRISON
OHIO STATE
107: R4P1
DL JAMES LYNCH
BAYLOR
147: R5P1
OT CHARLIE HECK
NORTH CAROLINA
180: R6P1
TE THADDEUS MOSS
LSU
215: R7P1
OT YASIR DURANT
MISSOURI
Hey Make sure to label the simulator site you used; i.e.; TDN, Fanspeak, PFN
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 12:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: I used Profootball Network for this...

Joe Burrow
QB LSU
CIN 33.
Cesar Ruiz
C Michigan
CIN 65.
Josh Jones
OT Houston
CIN 107.
Chase Claypool
WR Notre Dame
CIN 147.
Cameron Brown
OLB Penn State
CIN 180.
Evan Weaver
ILB Cal
CIN 215.
Jacob Breeland
TE Oregon

PFN is so great but unrealistic.   If Jones and Ruiz and Queen were there at #33, I would need a stiff drink before choosing.  I would lean on selecting Jones and take Ryan later.  It would be a fantastic miracle to get Jones and Ruiz.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
TDN
Joe Burrow
Jalen Raeger
Austin Jackson
Jordyn Brooks
Harrison Hand
Mykal Walker
Trevon Hill
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2020, 08:36 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: PFN is so great but unrealistic.   If Jones and Ruiz and Queen were there at #33, I would need a stiff drink before choosing.  I would lean on selecting Jones and take Ryan later.  It would be a fantastic miracle to get Jones and Ruiz.  

Jones is a great developmental prospect and a great scheme fit with his ability to pull, but between his technique issues and the massive jump in competition, he's strictly a draft and develop guy, not a plug and play T imo.  He also probably needs a year in an NFL weight room.  Still, you can't pass on his upside in 3.  It's a strong T class and guys will rise and slide based on scheme fit and ability to quickly contribute.  Last year, a lot of people were saying Jawaan Taylor was the best T in the class and talking about him in the Top 10 and he fell out of 1 entirely.

Ruiz is the best IOL prospect in a thin class, can start immediately, and he's a perfect scheme fit.  Plus, I worry more about Jordan/Price at LG than Hart/Johnson at RT.  There are not many IOL in this class with the ability to pull and if you pass on Ruiz you may wind up having to punt on the position entirely.  

It's not popular, but I see Queen strictly as a Day 3 prospect.  Even if I believed in him, I wouldn't pass on a stud OL or #1 WR for a LB after we threw so much money at the D in FA.  
Reply/Quote
TDN

1 Joe Burrow , QB
33 Cesar Ruiz, IOL
65 Curtis Weaver, EDGE
107 Troy Dye, LB
147 Devin Duvernay, WR
180 Antoine Brooks, Jr., S
215 Trey Adams, OT

FanSpeak (Bleacher Report (Matt Miller) - 04/02/2020)

1 Joe Burrow , QB
33 Cesar Ruiz, IOL
65 Logan Wilson, LB
107 Curtis Weaver, EDGE
147 Thaddeus Moss, TE
180 Willie Gay Jr., LB
215 Calvin Throckmorton, OT
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I made a mock draft in PFN and it was so good, I didn't think TDN beat it (It was Burrow, Queen, Cushenberry, Claypool, Saahdiq Charles, Trevis Gipson, Shaquille Quarterman).

And then I booted up TDN and it popped out this gem:
[Image: zzZSjDx.png]

I personally like Murray more than Queen (Queen really made his bones in the playoffs, but was pretty unspectacular over the rest of his career. That's risky in the 2nd), Pittman more than Claypool (I have my doubts about him because before he ran a 4.42, people were saying he needed to convert to TE. I don't know if a 40 time changes that), I admittedly prefer Cushenberry to Biadasz, but not more than I prefer Pittman to Claypool (and I think both are day 1 starters at either LG or RG, depending on Jordan's development and XSF's ability to start), Driscoll and Charles are approximately equivalent prospects in my mind and I like Jennings as a prospect more than I like Quarterman as a prospect, who is a more old school LB that may not even have a place in the NFL anymore. And Gipson is in both drafts because his athletic upside and size are too good to pass up in the 6th round (who says no to a 6'4" 260 lb DE with flex and agility in the 6th round, seriously?)

Either both PFN and TDN are going crazy with where players are going, or we're about to have a sick ass draft.
Reply/Quote
    Joe Burrow
    QB, LSU
    Laviska Shenault Jr.
    WR, Colorado 
    Malik Harrison
    LB, OSU
    Thaddeus Moss
    TE, LSU
    Hakeem Adeniji
    OT, Kansas 
    Tanner Muse
    S, Clemson 
    Binjimen Victor
    WR, OSU
Reply/Quote
PFN
2 trades
Gave up our 2and and 1st next year to move up to 21 for murray and got a late round pick as well with Eagles

Traded picks 145 and 146 to Minnesota to move up and get G Robert Hunt. Got 2 late picks from them as well.

1. Joe Burrow
QB LSU

21. Kenneth Murray
OLB Oklahoma

65. Matt Peart
OT UConn

107. Chase Claypool
WR Notre Dame

130. Robert Hunt
G Louisiana

180. Tanner Muse
S Clemson

190. Trevis Gipson
DE Tulsa

203. Yasir Durant
OT Missouri

215. Reggie Robinson II
CB Tulsa

Didn't want to give up next years 1st round pick, but Murray was a great need and really helps this defense now.

Anyways, I feel I hit each major and minor need.
Robinson doesn't seem like a favorite on here, but really check him out.

Robinson has very good ball skills that helped him get 34 pass break-ups (also blocked four field goals in college). His size at 6’1 205 allows him to match up with bigger receivers. He has the speed to keep up with faster wideouts, as he showed at the NFL Combine when he ran a 4.44 in the 40-yard dash. Very versatile in his skill set with the ability to play press-man and zone. 

In most mocks he goes undrafted, but hes getting buzz so I'd rather take him early in the 7th if he's there, no need to chance it just get his rights and lock him down.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 05:02 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: PFN
2 trades
Gave up our 2and and 1st next year to move up to 21 for murray and got a late round pick as well with Eagles

Traded picks 145 and 146 to Minnesota to move up and get G Robert Hunt. Got 2 late picks from them as well.

1. Joe Burrow
QB LSU

21. Kenneth Murray
OLB Oklahoma

65. Matt Peart
OT UConn

107. Chase Claypool
WR Notre Dame

130. Robert Hunt
G Louisiana

180. Tanner Muse
S Clemson

190. Trevis Gipson
DE Tulsa

203. Yasir Durant
OT Missouri

215. Reggie Robinson II
CB Tulsa

Didn't want to give up next years 1st round pick, but Murray was a great need and really helps this defense now.

Anyways, I feel I hit each major and minor need.
Robinson doesn't seem like a favorite on here, but really check him out.

Robinson has very good ball skills that helped him get 34 pass break-ups (also blocked four field goals in college). His size at 6’1 205 allows him to match up with bigger receivers. He has the speed to keep up with faster wideouts, as he showed at the NFL Combine when he ran a 4.44 in the 40-yard dash. Very versatile in his skill set with the ability to play press-man and zone. 

In most mocks he goes undrafted, but hes getting buzz so I'd rather take him early in the 7th if he's there, no need to chance it just get his rights and lock him down.

I like the picks, but that's a very bad trade.  Per the trade value chart, our 2nd and 3rd for Philly's 1st and 5th is basically an even trade.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 05:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: I like the picks, but that's a very bad trade.  Per the trade value chart, our 2nd and 3rd for Philly's 1st and 5th is basically an even trade.

I tried it again and they wouldn't accept it. Even without giving me the 5th round pick.
Reply/Quote
PFN:

1. Joe Burrow QB LSU
59. Lucas Niang OT TCU
64. Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia
65. Bradlee Anae DE Utah
107. Bryan Edwards WR South Carolina
180. Ben Bredeson G Michigan
215. Trey Adams OT Washington

I traded 33 and a 5th in order to nab another pick in the 2nd.  OL fell so I took 4 of them.  I see Wilson as more of a G anyway. Anae seems like a poor man's Baun - similar athletic profile to a Derek Barnett or Dee Ford or that guy from the Broncos.  Enticing as a rotational "go get the QB" kind of guy.

TDN:

1 Joe Burrow, QB LSU
33 Tee Higgins, WR Clemson
65 Malik Harrison, LB Ohio State
107 Hakeem Adeniji, OT Kansas
147 Michael Onwenu, IOL Michigan
180 Dalton Keene, TE Virginia Tech
215 Carter Coughlin, EDGE Minnesota

Again I focused on the offense.  Higgins's ball tracking, catch radius, and ability to adjust synergize with Burrow's scramble drill tendencies - they just seem like a peanut butter meets jelly type of duo.  Harrison has been discussed.  The OL was taken early, but Adeniji is a good developmental prospect.  Onwenu is a physical specimen at G.  Keene and Coughlin are interesting developmental, football character types at H-back and edge Tweener.
Reply/Quote
TDN
Joe Burrow, QB
Austin Jackson, OT
Michael Pittman, WR
Bradlee Anae, EDGE
Davion Taylor, LB
Lamar Jackson, CB
Chris Orr, LB

Wish i could of got a guard somewhere in there, but I wanted to really infuse the LB room with some young talent. A good mixed bag of skills to.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
This worked out well!

[Image: qSYueeL.png]
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
1 Joe Burrow QB LUS
2 Zack Baun Edge/OLB Wisconsin
3 Lucas Niang OT TCU
4 Solomon Kindley G Georgia
5 Tyler Johnson WR Minnesota
6 Justin Strnad OLB Wake Forest
7 Kentrick Rogers WR Texas A&M

This is the favorite mock that I've done on TDN. I went a little away from my board, but I wanted to get the OLine fixed with Niang & Kindley. Baun's likely to going be an All-Pro LB/Edge guy. Can't go wrong with him.

I'm sorry that I couldn't get an earlier WR, but the Oline has to take priority. Part of our problem early last year was our inability to run the ball. Taylor's offense demands that we be able to run the ball. So, I went OLine at 3 & 4 for Mixon as much as I did for Burrow.

Johnson and Rogers ought to be able to compete for roster spots. If we lose AJ or Ross next year, maybe we can get Ja'Marr Chase in 2021. ThumbsUp

And, as always,, Strnad at 6, another OLB with speed who can cover.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Fanpseak:
1. Joe Burrow, QB
2. Jalen Reagor, WR
3. Ross Blacklock, DT
4. Jordyn Brooks, LB
5. Michael Onwnu, G
6. Josiah Deguara, TE
7. Yasir Durant, OT

TDN:
1. Joe Burrow, QB
2. Patrick Queen, LB
3. Lucas Niang, OT
4. Tyler Biadasz, C
5. Josiah Deguara, TE
6. Tyrie Cleveland, WR
7. AJ Green, CB

PFF
1. Joe Burrow, QB
2. Patrick Queen, LB
3. Tyler Biadasz, C
4. Logan Stenberg, G
5. Thaddeus Moss, TE
6. Quintez Cephus, WR
7. Yasir Durant, OT
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
PFN

Redo with a Trade with Seahawks.. traded Bengals 2nd and 6th for Seattle 2nd and 4th

1.Burrow QB
2. Jones  Houston OT
3. Gaither Appalachian State  LB
4.  Hill OSU WR
4. Stenberg UK G
5.  Sullivan LSU TE
7.  Quarterman  Miami LB
Reply/Quote
1 – Joe Burrow – QB
33 – Caesar Ruiz – C
65 – Akeem Davis-Gaither LB
107 – Solomon Kindley – G
147 – Quintez Cephus – WR
180 – Kindle Vildor – CB
215 – Benito Jones - IDL

They have some wildly unrealistic scenarios, but I like this. Missed on a super fast receiver and an OT.

But I like the power we'd get in the IOL, the speed at LB, The toughness of Cephus at WR (Jeffry Okudah - and other top corners said he was the toughest they covered), and the value of Vildor at CB. He showed well against Clemson. Cephus kind of reminds me of a Hines Ward or Steve Smith in terms of toughness and smarts.
Reply/Quote