Poll: Who do you want The Bengals to take at #33?
Laviska Shenault-WR Col
Austin Jackson--OT---USC
Justin Jefferson--WR--LSU
Zach Baun--LB--Wisconsin
Patrick Queen--LB--LSU
Curtis Weaver--LB--BSU
Kenneth Murray--LB--OKL
Isaiah Wilson--RT--Georgia
Denzel Mims--WR--Baylor
Cesar Ruiz--C/G--Michigan
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoard's Interview has 10 Prospects at #33....
(04-23-2020, 02:10 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I seriously doubt Jefferson is there at 33. Murray & Queen are likely gone as well. Baun, Wilson, Ruiz, and Jackson as well.

When rebuilding, I tend to favor "safer" picks. I prefer Pittman to all those WRs save Jefferson. Wilson & Ruiz seem thexsafest. Followed by Murray, Queen, & Baun.

I agree with you on Jefferson for sure. It would be a miracle at this point actually. 

But, I disagree with you on "safer" picks being Ruiz or Wilson. 
Wilson's draft range has gone up and down from 3rd round all the way to the 1st. Those are the players that scare me b/c it's hard to get a grasp or gauge how good they could be. 
Ruiz is just off my board altogether b/c we don't need a Center as we've already got 2 starting caliber Centers. 
Ruiz is as much a guess if you want to switch him to a Guard as anyone in the draft. 
He was 1st team Center, not 1st team Guard. And, he hasn't played that position since a little bit his Freshman year. No thanks on position change players at #33. That's not a safe pick IMO. 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2020, 07:50 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I agree with you on Jefferson for sure. It would be a miracle at this point actually. 

But, I disagree with you on "safer" picks being Ruiz or Wilson. 
Wilson's draft range has gone up and down from 3rd round all the way to the 1st. Those are the players that scare me b/c it's hard to get a grasp or gauge how good they could be. 
Ruiz is just off my board altogether b/c we don't need a Center as we've already got 2 starting caliber Centers. 
Ruiz is as much a guess if you want to switch him to a Guard as anyone in the draft. 
He was 1st team Center, not 1st team Guard. And, he hasn't played that position since a little bit his Freshman year. No thanks on position change players at #33. That's not a safe pick IMO. 

That's not unusual.  Every year it seems like there are many players that everyone thought was a 1st round talent, that seem to fall to later rounds.  There are a ton of factors that play into that phenomenon, things like looking at game footage as compared to "testing numbers, weather that talent fits a team's specific scheme, personal issues identified in interviews, and the always unpredictable runs on position groups that always seem to happen at some point in every draft.

It's kind of the same as in the business world, supply and demand rules the commerce.  The rarer something is, the higher value it holds.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote