Poll: Who do you want The Bengals to take at #33?
Laviska Shenault-WR Col
Austin Jackson--OT---USC
Justin Jefferson--WR--LSU
Zach Baun--LB--Wisconsin
Patrick Queen--LB--LSU
Curtis Weaver--LB--BSU
Kenneth Murray--LB--OKL
Isaiah Wilson--RT--Georgia
Denzel Mims--WR--Baylor
Cesar Ruiz--C/G--Michigan
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoard's Interview has 10 Prospects at #33....
(04-08-2020, 05:06 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Another one id like to add to the list would be AJ Espenesa, DE from Iowa. For what ever reason, I’ve been seeing him fall in recent mocks. If he’s there at 33, I’m on the phone before we’re even on the clock at #33.

Yea he is who I am secretly hoping for. If for some reason he falls out of the first I’m not trading back or anything. I had that problem in a mock I did. Queen, Murray, and Espenesa were all available at 33. It’s really easy to just fill our glaring need at LB. if this were the case we need to stick with BPA and bite the bullet and take the DE even though we have two really good starters.

He didn’t put up spectacular numbers at the combine, that’s the only reason I think he is being talked about possibly sliding out of the first
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 05:03 PM)Synric Wrote: Cesar Ruiz is an interior offensive linemen he can play all 3 spots besides most centers start off as guards in the NFL. 

yeah, Price played so well at Guard after the change from Center. And, he's played Guard more at OSU than Ruiz has.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:04 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: yeah, Price played so well at Guard after the change from Center. And, he's played Guard more at OSU than Ruiz has.

Could Ruiz have a better outcome if he is a better player than Price?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:09 PM)McC Wrote: Could Ruiz have a better outcome if he is a better player than Price?

Sure, but this is all conjecture to begin with. What we do know is Price was graded as a 1st round Center/Guard.
Ruiz is not more times than not. He's not even the top rated Center based on what kind of blocking scheme you'd use.
Don't take my word for it, this is based on Paul Alexander's analysis of all the Top Centers/Interior Linemen.
No disrespect to anyone on here talking up Ruiz, but I'll take the professional's analysis and opinion every time.
To me, making a position change as a Rookie with possibly no or limited OTA's or much practice time would be suicide. It's not something you'd want to do drafting at #33.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:24 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Sure, but this is all conjecture to begin with. What we do know is Price was graded as a 1st round Center/Guard.
Ruiz is not more times than not. He's not even the top rated Center based on what kind of blocking scheme you'd use.
Don't take my word for it, this is based on Paul Alexander's analysis of all the Top Centers/Interior Linemen.
No disrespect to anyone on here talking up Ruiz, but I'll take the professional's analysis and opinion every time.
To me, making a position change as a Rookie with possibly no or limited OTA's or much practice time would be suicide. It's not something you'd want to do drafting at #33.

Price may have been graded as a first rounder but he damn sure never played like one.  

Also, Paul Alexander? The guy who stood on the table for CedO?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:31 PM)McC Wrote: Price may have been graded as a first rounder but he damn sure never played like one.  

That we can agree on for sure. Lol
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:31 PM)McC Wrote: Price may have been graded as a first rounder but he damn sure never played like one.  

Also, Paul Alexander?  The guy who stood on the table for CedO?

I love how the folks on here including you just now with Alexander, try to disregard their credibility in throwing out one instance you heard about. So, has Belichick been perfect with every one of his draft choices or decisions? So now, anything he says gets disregarded?

Alexander has been coaching/evaluating Offensive Linemen for 30 years. I think he's a little more qualified to give his opinion about OL than anyone on this message board. And, he'll be right more often than not.

No one is perfect McC, not even you... Tongue
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:51 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I love how the folks on here including you just now with Alexander, try to disregard their credibility in throwing out one instance you heard about. So, has Belichick been perfect with every one of his draft choices or decisions? So now, anything he says gets disregarded?

Alexander has been coaching/evaluating Offensive Linemen for 30 years. I think he's a little more qualified to give his opinion about OL than anyone on this message board. And, he'll be right more often than not.

No one is perfect McC, not even you... Tongue

Let's not pretend CedO was Paulie's only failure.

He was really good for quite awhile and then not so much in his later years here.  When the Bengals fired him, the Cowgirls hired him and he lasted there for the grand total of one year.  The idea that he is a great OLine mind used to be true but any more, not so much.  A guy is what his record says he is.

Enough about PA because Fred will run in here if he finds out and I don't want to be the one who gets him started.

And, as to me being perfect, you sound like the wife.  But, as I have been reminding her for many years, her thinking I'm not perfect is my proof that she is not perfect.

Reply/Quote
My heart says Mims. I don't believe the Bengals have ever extended a franchise tagged player. Along with that, barring a gigantic breakout season, Ross is most likely playing his last season here unless he's traded. We need to get someone to pair with Boyd for the long term future.

My brain says Baun will be the pick. With us running more 3-4 looks, we need more edge defenders. Our only true edge players are Hubbard, Dunlap, and Lawson. Lawson has to battle injuries, and he's entering the last year of his deal. This team could look to get themselves their own Von Miller on this team.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 01:33 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: My heart says Mims. I don't believe the Bengals have ever extended a franchise tagged player. Along with that, barring a gigantic breakout season, Ross is most likely playing his last season here unless he's traded. We need to get someone to pair with Boyd for the long term future.

My brain says Baun will be the pick. With us running more 3-4 looks, we need more edge defenders. Our only true edge players are Hubbard, Dunlap, and Lawson. Lawson has to battle injuries, and he's entering the last year of his deal. This team could look to get themselves their own Von Miller on this team.

What would you consider a breakout year for Ross? Say he cleans up the drops, plays all 16 games, and has around 800 yds 8 TD...

Would you want to extend him?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 01:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What would you consider a breakout year for Ross? Say he cleans up the drops, plays all 16 games, and has around 800 yds 8 TD...

For the right contract, with that production, sure. A.J. isn't getting any younger and if Ross can actually stay on the field he is a deep threat that the defense has to respect.

Not breaking the bank for him but if he posted solid numbers and most importantly stayed healthy, yes I'd welcome him back.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Murray is tempting, but I actually think I'm on the Ruiz train at this point. That guy is super young and already primed to start at LG day 1.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 01:33 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: My heart says Mims. I don't believe the Bengals have ever extended a franchise tagged player. Along with that, barring a gigantic breakout season, Ross is most likely playing his last season here unless he's traded. We need to get someone to pair with Boyd for the long term future.

There are so many good ways this team can go with pick 33 And if they choose Mims I’d be really happy. Honestly I think we would all be happy/ok so long as they don’t reach even with a trade down.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 08:24 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Sure, but this is all conjecture to begin with. What we do know is Price was graded as a 1st round Center/Guard.

Paul Alexander posts alot of good offensive line stuff on twitter but don't take his prospect rankings seriously.

Alexander has coaches bias because he has been working with pre-draft prospects the last couple of years. He ranks the guys he works with above others to promote his business.... I believe he ranks Matt Hennessy as his #1 rated center a guy he has trained personally. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 06:25 PM)Synric Wrote:

Yes 2 Believe that no way starts to look at a trend of the 30 other teams... I just don;t see that as a lock 1st round pick.. and interesting Daniel Jeremiah just released his mock and still does not have Wilson in his 1st round with that information... again those that do mocks many talk to NFL people to develop their mock... My main point is Wilson has I would say probably moved into the 2nd round. could he go at 33 maybe but it would be considered a reach with all that is out there right now...
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 11:00 AM)Synric Wrote: Paul Alexander posts alot of good offensive line stuff on twitter but don't take his prospect rankings seriously.

Alexander has coaches bias because he has been working with pre-draft prospects the last couple of years. He ranks the guys he works with above others to promote his business.... I believe he ranks Matt Hennessy as his #1 rated center a guy he has trained personally. 

Actually, If you listened to his interviews on Sirius, you'd know he doesn't say this guy is better than that. 
He says that one player fits better with that teams scheme and vice versa. 
He actually said that Biadasz was more like Frederick from the Cowboys than anyone. Coincidentally, I saw a Mock that had Biadasz going to the Cowboys in the 3rd round. So, it made sense. 
Some Centers are more athletic than others for teams that like to pull theirs. Others are rock solid in the middle. It's whatever flavor you like and that's what he says. 
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 03:18 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: For the right contract, with that production, sure. A.J. isn't getting any younger and if Ross can actually stay on the field he is a deep threat that the defense has to respect.

Not breaking the bank for him but if he posted solid numbers and most importantly stayed healthy, yes I'd welcome him back.

Agree with Murdock here for the first time in awhile.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 11:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with Murdock here for the first time in awhile.

Tongue Tongue Tongue

We're on the same side and want the same thing, this team to succeed.

I don't care who is playing for them (well with a few exceptions, I'd never cheer for piggy) and in the end when the draft is done, and they've taken Burrow I'll be cheering for the kid to do well. 

You and I have the same end goal, just two different visions of how to get to that goal, and there is nothing wrong with that, at all.

Rock On

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 01:54 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What would you consider a breakout year for Ross? Say he cleans up the drops, plays all 16 games, and has around 800 yds 8 TD...

Tough call on that one. That kind of production would tell me to let Ross test the market. If he gets a big offer from somewhere else, then you have to let him walk. If Ross goes off for 1100+ yards with 10 TDs, then I'd say tag him at least. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
What's been Surprising to me thus far with 41 total votes is that no one has voted for Austin Jackson, the LT/RT prospect expected to go in the 1st Round by a lot draft experts.
I wonder if it's b/c the voters expect him to be there in Rd 2?
Or, they just don't think he's a better prospect than who they chose?
That's the most interesting thing I've noticed so far.
And honestly, I can't understand all the love for Ruiz? There must be a lot of Michigan fans here? Lmao
Reply/Quote