Poll: Who do you want The Bengals to take at #33?
Laviska Shenault-WR Col
Austin Jackson--OT---USC
Justin Jefferson--WR--LSU
Zach Baun--LB--Wisconsin
Patrick Queen--LB--LSU
Curtis Weaver--LB--BSU
Kenneth Murray--LB--OKL
Isaiah Wilson--RT--Georgia
Denzel Mims--WR--Baylor
Cesar Ruiz--C/G--Michigan
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoard's Interview has 10 Prospects at #33....
(04-17-2020, 01:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I don't know completely how I feel about Uche.  It would have been nice to have him run and participate in timed drills.  Unless a guy is recovering from injury/surgery, avoiding timed events is kind of a red flag to me as much as someone of his size and build posting a 4.9 40 would be.

He sure was productive at the Senior Bowl and has a pretty solid track record.  Seems more versatile than Baun as a better rush end and a LB that can cover sideline to sideline.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 02:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well the problem is if Lewis is that dominate in your eyes. why is he not in the professional eyes if he is still sitting there in round 4

ONLY thing I can think is that he isn't as mobile and for a team using a pulling guard a great deal it might no be a good fit.  But the dude is a mauler.  And it isn't just that I see him as a 4th rounder, I am just not bought in to a guy like Ruiz in Rd 2.  Ruiz may be a good fit for a team that wants really athletic, quick linemen, but he's no mauler.  
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 03:37 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: ONLY thing I can think is that he isn't as mobile and for a team using a pulling guard a great deal it might no be a good fit.  But the dude is a mauler.  And it isn't just that I see him as a 4th rounder, I am just not bought in to a guy like Ruiz in Rd 2.  Ruiz may be a good fit for a team that wants really athletic, quick linemen, but he's no mauler.  

Well im not really sure we are going mauler... Jordan was OSU is considered an athletic Guard and we drafted him last year.. so I am not sure we really know what direction this line is heading
Reply/Quote
Patrick queen without a doubt, zach Baun is a turd. I'd be fine with Murray but I think Queen has more of the "it" factor.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 02:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I am finding nothing out there with Baun moving outside of 2nd round minimum.. not really sure where you are finding this, if so I like to read the article or comments... 

With a week to go.. I don;t see any signs he will not go late 1st or early 2nd...

I guess you didn't read my comments about it. It's on the podcast with Hoard and Lapham. He mentioned that his league sources (could be anybody in scouting or coaches,etc), have mentioned Baun in the 2nd possibly 3rd round range. I'm only telling you what he said in the Podcast. 

Yes, most mocks are having Baun higher, but those are Mock drafts. 
Last time I checked, they weren't any of the 32 teams or their scouting Depts correct? 
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 02:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I am finding nothing out there with Baun moving outside of 2nd round minimum.. not really sure where you are finding this, if so I like to read the article or comments... 

With a week to go.. I don;t see any signs he will not go late 1st or early 2nd...

I think he will not get past the Ravens.  From what I see, people are somewhat split between Swift and Baun for them. Baun is the versatile kind of player they love.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 03:37 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: ONLY thing I can think is that he isn't as mobile and for a team using a pulling guard a great deal it might no be a good fit.  But the dude is a mauler.  And it isn't just that I see him as a 4th rounder, I am just not bought in to a guy like Ruiz in Rd 2.  Ruiz may be a good fit for a team that wants really athletic, quick linemen, but he's no mauler.  

One mock on CBS has Lewis going #92, 3rd Round to the Ravens. 
Another analyst on CBS has him at #183 overall
Reuter has him going #41, 2nd Rd to Cleveland?? 
And Gil Brandt, The Godfather, doesn't even have him in his Top 150. He usually doesn't miss on those picks. So, that's a 5th Rounder. 

It seems analysts are all over the board on him; But, bringing in an LSU Lineman to team with their Ex QB seems fine in my book. Let's get get some extra picks in this draft and take him in the 4th-5th Round if he's available. 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 12:11 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Patrick queen without a doubt, zach Baun is a turd. I'd be fine with Murray but I think Queen has more of the "it" factor.

Why’s Baun a “turd?”

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 12:46 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: One mock on CBS has Lewis going #92, 3rd Round to the Ravens. 
And Gil Brandt, The Godfather, doesn't even have him in his Top 150. He usually doesn't miss on those picks. So, that's a 5th Rounder. 

It seems analysts are all over the board on him; But, bringing in an LSU Lineman to team with their Ex QB seems fine in my book. Let's get get some extra picks in this draft and take him in the 4th-5th Round if he's available. 

Some NFL network guys were tweeting back and forth yesterday about conversations they had with GMs/Scouts/etc. They said that the draft rankings sports media usually have aren't too far off how NFL teams few prospects and this year the rankings are WAY off. Said there are going to be tons of guys that go earlier/later than projected. 

Personally, it has me pumped. I think it's going to make the draft even more exciting. Is it Thursday yet?
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 11:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well im not really sure we are going mauler... Jordan was OSU is considered an athletic Guard and we drafted him last year.. so I am not sure we really know what direction this line is heading

Jordan has really good athleticism for a big man, but I think it was his size and strength (and age, he was just 21) that really intrigued the Bengals.  That, and his position flexibility.  

Lewis might be available in the 4th or even 5th round as he had an ankle injury that he re-aggravated at the combine.  He did play at the Senior Bowl, however.  
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 12:46 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: One mock on CBS has Lewis going #92, 3rd Round to the Ravens. 

Exactly.  I would love for him to be there at the top of Rd 5.  
Reply/Quote

There is nothing wrong with Damien Lewis his biggest issue is scheme versatility. Ravens at the bottom of the 3rd is a good fit in their inside zone/power man scheme. Now teams like the Vikings, 49ers, Rams, Bengals, and Browns it's a poor fit. Hes not a guy your gonna ask to move laterally down the line in a outside zone stretch or pull to the outside.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 05:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why’s Baun a “turd?”

Nati #1 has been saying some dumb things lately, that is why.

Clearly hasn't watched any tape on these guys. Queen has a lack of production, Murray misses a lot of tackles and is not good 
in coverage. Baun is the better overall Linebacker and would be a good Edge LB in a 3-4 which is what we need. Baun is solid,
way more solid than Queen or Murray cause he is just good at everything. 
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 10:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am not trying to beat you guys up that are touting Ruiz as the answer at RG, but have you watched his film?  Does he get moved backwards?  Against players in the Big 10?  The answer is yes.  He struggles against power rushers, and sometimes "loses ground".  He isn't as wide a body as is ideal at RG.  And we want to use pick #33 on him?  Did we learn nothing from Billy Price?

Damien Lewis NEVER moved backwards.  The National Championship game.  The Senior Bowl.  In the SEC, going against future NFL DTs...he was a beast.  He doesn't have the greatest mobility to pull, but he CAN do it...it just isn't his strength.  

I heard for months the raving about an OT having outstanding athleticism and quick feet, but he was dominated in the NFL (Ogbuehi).  

Lewis is the mauler at RG we need, and he has done it against the best in the college game.  Oh, and he would likely be available when we pick in Rd 4.  

I honestly haven't watched Ruiz's film, just going off of others that have like Synric.

I really like Lewis and have watched a lot of him but his lack of mobility is concerning.

There are many reasons why Ruiz is a first round prospect and Lewis is a 4th round one.
Reply/Quote
WhoDey2 In a perfect world (mine of course!) since the Bengals just spent $ 150 million on Defense, every pick would/should be Offense.

Pick #33 should be AJ Green's replacement. They need to get him this year. I know everyone is saying this draft is deep for WR's. C'mon. Do you really think a 4th or 5th WR is just as good as a WR that may have fallen out of the 1st round?? No way.

Then there is this: Mixon. Is he or isn't he?? If he is playing this year. OK. If he's not and he's going to hold out, are any of the RB's on the roster ready to step up and make Mixon a memory. If nobody on the roster is ready to do that, round 3 has to be Mixon's replacement. Unless you can package something and/or trade a player for picks and maybe get back up in the 2nd round for your RB.

That means that everybody screaming for OT's and LBers are now looking at 4th maybe 5th round.

...and since we're in a perfect world, Round 7 is Rodrigo Blankenship K-GA. kid is a points machine...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 01:08 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2  In a perfect world (mine of course!) since the Bengals just spent $ 150 million on Defense, every pick would/should be Offense.

Pick #33 should be AJ Green's replacement. They need to get him this year. I know everyone is saying this draft is deep for WR's. C'mon. Do you really think a 4th or 5th WR is just as good as a WR that may have fallen out of the 1st round?? No way.

Then there is this: Mixon. Is he or isn't he?? If he is playing this year. OK. If he's not and he's going to hold out, are any of the RB's on the roster ready to step up and make Mixon a memory. If nobody on the roster is ready to do that, round 3 has to be Mixon's replacement. Unless you can package something and/or trade a player for picks and maybe get back up in the 2nd round for your RB.

That means that everybody screaming for OT's and LBers are now looking at 4th maybe 5th round.

...and since we're in a perfect world, Round 7 is Rodrigo Blankenship K-GA. kid is a points machine...

Hey I'm on board with you on this strategy. But, If all the top RB's are there at #33, we could trade Mixon and get Clyde Hellaire, Burrow's best friend from LSU as well. He's better in routes than Mixon; and, if you want to appease your new Franchise QB and tailor the offense to his strengths, you'll be sending out your RB into the routes a lot more just like at LSU. 
Then,  you can still get a highly ranked WR at bottom of 2nd or top of 3rd round. (WR's like Hamler, Reagor, Claypool, Van Jefferson, etc) could still be there. 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 02:36 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Hey I'm on board with you on this strategy. But, If all the top RB's are there at #33, we could trade Mixon and get Clyde Hellaire, Burrow's best friend from LSU as well. He's better in routes than Mixon; and, if you want to appease your new Franchise QB and tailor the offense to his strengths, you'll be sending out your RB into the routes a lot more just like at LSU. 
Then,  you can still get a highly ranked WR at bottom of 2nd or top of 3rd round. (WR's like Hamler, Reagor, Claypool, Jefferson, etc) could still be there. 

WhoDey2 I like that idea. I'd run to the podium if Claypool was there... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 12:36 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 I like that idea. I'd run to the podium if Claypool was there... 

My prediction is that they'll receive a pretty damn good offer from someone to trade down from #33. It should be at minimum a 3rd round pick. Then, what I think they'll do is trade back up into round 2 with #65 to get a guy like Claypool or a LB they covet at the bottom of Round 2. 
They'd only need to give a 6th rounder to move back up several spots. 
That would still leave them with another 3rd rounder as well from whomever they traded with. 
Either way, I think they'll have a lot of options. 
Reply/Quote
So far, with a Day to go folks.....

1st place---Kenneth Murray---15 Votes
2nd place--Zach Baun and Cesar Ruiz--11 Votes each
3rd place---Denzel Mims and Patrick Queen--8 Votes each

We can do an update as soon as the 1st Round is over to see who will actually be there and who everyone would want. Even add another choice of just "Trading the Pick" as well.

New Dey!!!
Reply/Quote
I seriously doubt Jefferson is there at 33. Murray & Queen are likely gone as well. Baun, Wilson, Ruiz, and Jackson as well.

When rebuilding, I tend to favor "safer" picks. I prefer Pittman to all those WRs save Jefferson. Wilson & Ruiz seem thexsafest. Followed by Murray, Queen, & Baun.
Reply/Quote