Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone want to be a council person?
We need a few replacements.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/cincinnati-council-member-pg-sittenfeld-arrested-on-federal-corruption-charges/34726792
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Great job on charging an ill intended city leader. Although, seeing how he's a Democrat, you'll likely continue to see crickets about it in here..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yea pretty crazy three this year. Just ridiculous. Glad someone in the government is still doing their job though and rooting this crap out.
Reply/Quote
What kind of idiot accepts a check when he's getting bribed?
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2020, 08:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great job on charging an ill intended city leader. Although, seeing how he's a Democrat, you'll likely continue to see crickets about it in here..

It’s probably more likely because most people don’t care about local politics unfortunately. I’d imagine there is a lot more corruption on the local levels than we ever know because a lot less people investigate it. Personally I don’t live in Cincinnati, so it’s not really all that relevant to me other than it just shows that corruption isn’t just a national issue.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2020, 08:59 PM)Benton Wrote: What kind of idiot accepts a check when he's getting bribed?

It's Cincinnati.

He's not the first elected official there to go down over a check.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47vu6338sseewa9l61dp...=giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2020, 09:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: It’s probably more likely because most people don’t care about local politics unfortunately. I’d imagine there is a lot more corruption on the local levels than we ever know because a lot less people investigate it. Personally I don’t live in Cincinnati, so it’s not really all that relevant to me other than it just shows that corruption isn’t just a national issue.

Therein lies the problem.  If people don't weed these crazies out at the local level, then they advance to the State and Federal levels.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Those local ones are the most corrupt. Trying to be Clay Davis, sheeeeeeeeeeeeeet, partner.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2020, 08:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great job on charging an ill intended city leader.  Although, seeing how he's a Democrat, you'll likely continue to see crickets about it in here..

Im not seeing anyone jump to his defense or calling the allegations against him a baseless attack orchestrated by his butthurt opponents.  
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2020, 10:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Those local ones are the most corrupt. Trying to be Clay Davis, sheeeeeeeeeeeeeet, partner.

I dunno.

Maybe it's because I live in a small town, but generally my experience is the people at the local levels are doing it because they care about their community. Mostly. Seems like the further up you go, the worse it gets. The difference is, the further up you go, the more likely you are to get away with it.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2020, 08:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great job on charging an ill intended city leader. Although, seeing how he's a Democrat, you'll likely continue to see crickets about it in here..

There have actually been three arrests of council people this year. That’s what I mean when I said we could use a few. Two D’s and an R. Not to mention the gang of five or whatever they are called.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2020, 11:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: There have actually been three arrests of council people  this year. That’s what I mean when I said we could use a few. Two D’s and an R. Not to mention the gang of five or whatever they are called.

Bad people are bad people...doesn't matter the political affiliation or level of government.

It's just wild that it's been three in one year.  Make you wonder how they all felt so comfortable to act that way.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2020, 11:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: There have actually been three arrests of council people  this year. That’s what I mean when I said we could use a few. Two D’s and an R. Not to mention the gang of five or whatever they are called.

Don't mind me, I was just jawing.  While it's a terrible thing that your city has had 3 councilmen caught up in corruption scandals, it's also good that someone was able to discover and expose their activities.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 10:04 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't mind me, I was just jawing.  While it's a terrible thing that your city has had 3 councilmen caught up in corruption scandals, it's also good that someone was able to discover and expose their activities.  

It's interesting it was a federal investigation, I wonder what tipped them off to look into Cincinnati specifically. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2020, 09:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: Bad people are bad people...doesn't matter the political affiliation or level of government.

It's just wild that it's been three in one year.  Make you wonder how they all felt so comfortable to act that way.

And may be a fourth. Somehow they stepped on the feds toes.

Reply/Quote