Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Offense
The 2020 Bengals offense will be known as the Joe-Joe Offense.  Let it be written; let it be done.
Reply/Quote
Hell yeah
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
C'mon..It'll be the Joe N Joe Show.. It shall be done. Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Well I just hope that they get an inordinate amount of criticism and scrutiny from the media and general public, for seemingly running up the score on their opponents. Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2020, 10:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well I just hope that they get an inordinate amount of criticism and scrutiny from the media and general public, for seemingly running up the score on their opponents.   Cool
Could be a good thing, but still need some OL talent added, + a TE and hopefully a younger sturdier version of AJ Green.   Dont forget Rodney Anderson....if he can get back we will have a good backup to J Mix.  
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2020, 11:27 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Could be a good thing, but still need some OL talent added, + a TE and hopefully a younger sturdier version of AJ Green.   Dont forget Rodney Anderson....if he can get back we will have a good backup to J Mix.  

Buzzkill
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2020, 10:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well I just hope that they get an inordinate amount of criticism and scrutiny from the media and general public, for seemingly running up the score on their opponents.   Cool

Wouldn't you love to see a beat down off Pittsburgh right out of the gate ? 55-0
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2020, 08:38 PM)Clodhopper Wrote: The 2020 Bengals offense will be known as the Joe-Joe Offense.  Let it be written; let it be done.

Burrow's Bengals
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2020, 08:29 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Wouldn't you love to see a beat down off Pittsburgh right out of the gate ? 55-0

That is the dream. Cool 

Seriously, if we add a Guard and a weapon or two in the Draft we could be an entirely different Offense from the one we saw
last season. Burrow has those gifts that make an entire team take the next leap. Sure wouldn't mind us adding a playmaking 
TE to the corps either. Look at the Chiefs and 49ers, their TE's are great and it seems the best teams use their TE's more and 
more in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
We also need a coherent offensive philosophy and system. Last year Zac’s playcalling was bizarre (to be charitable). Burrow like any QB needs to be put in a system that fits his positives.

Lack of a coherent gameplan and system on offense has dogged us ever since Hue left.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2020, 08:38 PM)Clodhopper Wrote: The 2020 Bengals offense will be known as the Joe-Joe Offense.  Let it be written; let it be done.

Thye won't do much if JO-nah does not pan out.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2020, 03:03 PM)Joelist Wrote: We also need a coherent offensive philosophy and system. Last year Zac’s playcalling was bizarre (to be charitable). Burrow like any QB needs to be put in a system that fits his positives.

Lack of a coherent gameplan and system on offense has dogged us ever since Hue left.

This. Cannot have a bad scheme and bad playcalling holding Burrow back.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2020, 03:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This. Cannot have a bad scheme and bad playcalling holding Burrow back.

Exactly.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see Burrow have a major impact on play calling and design.  One of the big beneficiaries will be Mixon and Gio in the passing game.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 01:15 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Exactly.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see Burrow have a major impact on play calling and design.  One of the big beneficiaries will be Mixon and Gio in the passing game.

The problem is last year ZTs offensive philosophy was incoherent and the playcalling was bizarre at times. He came out of the gate trying to do stretch zone blocking with power linemen among his many examples of not tailoring the system to fit the players. 
Reply/Quote
If all goes as planned,(and I’m hoping they take a WR with pick 33,then this offense might surprise a lot of people.Although I have to admit there’s still a lot of things that have to go right.
Reply/Quote

How bout Tua's Terrors. 

J/K  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 01:26 AM)Joelist Wrote: The problem is last year ZTs offensive philosophy was incoherent and the playcalling was bizarre at times. He came out of the gate trying to do stretch zone blocking with power linemen among his many examples of not tailoring the system to fit the players. 

right the only thing that really worrys me about burrow is the current coaching staff...

But heres hoping that make huge gains this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 01:26 AM)Joelist Wrote: The problem is last year ZTs offensive philosophy was incoherent and the playcalling was bizarre at times. He came out of the gate trying to do stretch zone blocking with power linemen among his many examples of not tailoring the system to fit the players. 

It took ZT 12 games,to figure hey I can actually involve Tyler Eifert in the passing game. 
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2020, 01:15 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Exactly.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see Burrow have a major impact on play calling and design.  One of the big beneficiaries will be Mixon and Gio in the passing game.

Been calling of more of Mixon and Gio in the passing game for years. It is true that Burrow likes to target his RB's a lot.

Burrow is a smart dude, Brian Callahan is a smart dude, I don't think Taylor is as dumb as he looked last season, him and Turner
DID learn and changed up the scheme and went more to directional run blocking.

I think all these guys can get together and have a scheme that Burrow is comfortable with. Burrow did come from a pro system
and more of a WCO which is all Taylor has ever ran. Could be the perfect fit.
Reply/Quote