Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 draft - who gets #1
As the season comes to an end, the Bengals have the worst record falling behind 4 other teams. DOLPHINS (3 wins), GIANTS (3 wins), REDKSINS (3 wins), and LIONS (3 wins).If by chance the Bengals do win the last 2 games, it can bring those 4 other teams with a 3 win tie. The Dolphins could reach 4 wins if the beat the Bengals. And it still isn't a lock for the Bengals to get #1. But it may be a 2-14 season for the Bengals which would give them the number 1 pick in the draft.
Reply/Quote
Correct. It's highly doubtful that we win the last 2 games.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 03:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Correct. It's highly doubtful that we win the last 2 games.

This is the Bengals, they always find a way to shoot themselves in the foot!
Reply/Quote
Even if we win out:

We cannot tie the Lions; as they have a tie

Either the Skins or the Giants will have a better record than us; as they play each. Root for tie then both will be better

Giants and Skins don't need a QB. So they would probably trade the #1 and there are teams that would pay dearly for it.

I have said I would NEVER root for the Bengals to lose, but I will not be pissed if Fitzmagic gets a little revenge on us.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know they'll beat Miami. And then they'll shit their way to a win vs. a Cleveland team with nothing to play for.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 03:51 PM)Bigcatfan Wrote: As the season comes to an end, the Bengals have the worst record falling behind 4 other teams. DOLPHINS (3 wins), GIANTS (3 wins), REDKSINS (3 wins), and LIONS (3 wins).If by chance the Bengals do win the last 2 games, it can bring those 4 other teams with a 3 win tie. The Dolphins could reach 4 wins if the beat the Bengals. And it still isn't a lock for the Bengals to get #1. But it may be a 2-14 season for the Bengals which would give them the number 1 pick in the draft.

gaints as they had the most games against the weakest division in the league  NFCE
Reply/Quote
We will screw around and pick 3rd. Just enough slide to miss both Burrow and Young. But we could still get the OT. But it’s still very possible we can slide to the 4th pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 06:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Even if we win out:

Either the Skins or the Giants will have a better record than us; as they play each. Root for tie then both will be better

Giants and Skins don't need a QB. So they would probably trade the #1 and there are teams that would pay dearly for it.

I have said I would NEVER root for the Bengals to lose, but I will not be pissed if Fitzmagic gets a little revenge on us.

The good news? We're trying to win and can't. No need to root for us to loose.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 11:09 PM)TKUHL Wrote: We will screw around and pick 3rd. Just enough slide to miss both Burrow and Young. But we could still get the OT. But it’s still very possible we can slide to the 4th pick.

They can't get the 4th pick.  The Giants and Redskins play each other.  Only the loser of that and Miami can get to 13 losses other than the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
You know...if they ONLY use running plays with zero passing plays they might actually win both games.. If the goal is to actually win both,and i posted it earlier, just keep Williams on the active roster and use a 3 man backfield out of the wildcat on every down.. I don't know Miami nor Cleveland could stop Joe, Gio and Tayveon.. It would be interesting to say the least anyway..  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

One of the Bengals podcast guys jokingly pointed out that it was a Fitzmagic revenge game and I thought, the guy has played for so many teams he probably has like 4 or 5 "revenge games" per year by this point.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 01:14 AM)grampahol Wrote: You know...if they ONLY use running plays with zero passing plays they might actually win both games.. If the goal is to actually win both,and i posted it earlier, just keep Williams on the active roster and use a 3 man backfield out of the wildcat on every down.. I don't know Miami nor Cleveland could stop Joe, Gio and Tayveon.. It would be interesting to say the least anyway..  ThumbsUp

Trayveon, Trayveon, where have I heard that name before?

Oh, I remember, the guy who sucked in pre-season and kept getting injured. Another injury pick in the useless 2019 draft.

If the Bengals beat Miami and Cleveland and tie any other team, the Bengals will lose the top pick.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 03:51 PM)Bigcatfan Wrote: As the season comes to an end, the Bengals have the worst record falling behind 4 other teams. DOLPHINS (3 wins), GIANTS (3 wins), REDKSINS (3 wins), and LIONS (3 wins).If by chance the Bengals do win the last 2 games, it can bring those 4 other teams with a 3 win tie. The Dolphins could reach 4 wins if the beat the Bengals. And it still isn't a lock for the Bengals to get #1. But it may be a 2-14 season for the Bengals which would give them the number 1 pick in the draft.

The team's record and Strength of Schedule are the key factors in determining draft position.

https://www.fantasyindex.com/2019/12/17/scheduletron/updated-strength-of-schedule

2nd hardest Bengals 104 wins 77 losses 1 ties 0.574 win percentage
17th hardest Washington 89 92 1 .492
23rd hardest Miami 87 95 0 .478
28th hardest NY Giants 84 96 2 .467

So if the Bengals, Miami, Washington and the Giants all tie with a 3-13 record, the Bengals will get the 4th pick and the Giants the first pick.

Simply put, the Bengals cannot win the last two games and still draft Burrow without trading up and spending a lot of draft capital unless Washington, Miami and the Giants all win another game.

And, for those of you who now see this #2 in strength of schedule and believe it somehow vindicates Taylor, please note that he's only managed 1 win, lost to two winless teams and he's embarrassed the entire city, former players and all Bengals' fans everywhere. All it says is that he wasn't good enough, which is true and will continue to be true next season if he's retained.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2019, 06:17 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I know they'll beat Miami. And then they'll shit their way to a win vs. a Cleveland team with nothing to play for.

That’s what I’m thinking will happen. Fml
Reply/Quote

Parker and Gisicki will have their way in this game. Specifically Gisicki. It'll be difficult for the Bengals to beat Miami.
Reply/Quote
If we win out and the rest of the 3 win teams lose out (with the exception of whoever wins the Wash - NYG game), we'd have the #3 pick.

So we're guaranteed a shot at one of Tua, Burrow and Young.

But Tua is still a huge question mark and Young may stay for 2020.

It'd be dumb as hell for him to stay, but he may do it, especially if OSU doesn't win the national title.

I just hope the Bengals players and coaches see the forest for the trees and just lose one of these two games. They have made this entire season miserable. At least finish it with a good ending. Don't dead cat bounce now...
Reply/Quote

Lions also have a tie, so they have one less loss than the rest....can't get a tie with them.  The Redskins and Giants play this weekend so one of those teams are out of it.  And with Cincy playing Miami, head to head actually doesn't matter...it goes to strength of schedule, and while I think the Bengals beat the Giants in that category, Miami has Buffalo and New England on their schedule twice, but I don't know....

The Bengals should just throw the game to Miami this weekend.  If Miami is picking 4th, the haul it would take to move to #1 would be even greater.  Like I have said over and over, I think 100% the Bengals are taking Burrow, but I would still like to see what Miami could give them and dream about 3 additional first rounders (over two years).
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 08:45 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If we win out and the rest of the 3 win teams lose out (with the exception of whoever wins the Wash - NYG game), we'd have the #3 pick.

So we're guaranteed a shot at one of Tua, Burrow and Young.

But Tua is still a huge question mark and Young may stay for 2020.

It'd be dumb as hell for him to stay, but he may do it, especially if OSU doesn't win the national title.

I just hope the Bengals players and coaches see the forest for the trees and just lose one of these two games. They have made this entire season miserable. At least finish it with a good ending. Don't dead cat bounce now...

If they didn't feel comfortable with Tua's health, they can take Andrew Thomas. Stud OL.
They have a guaranteed chance to get a great player regardless whether they pick 1, 2, or 3.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2019, 10:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If they didn't feel comfortable with Tua's health, they can take Andrew Thomas. Stud OL.
They have a guaranteed chance to get a great player regardless whether they pick 1, 2, or 3.

Agreed on building up the O-line if we pick at #3 with Young and Borrow gone. They list Thomas as a LT I wonder if they would draft him to play RT and leave Williams at LT. Having to bookend tackles would be nice versus watching Bobby Hart.
Reply/Quote
I think those in the belief (as I too once was) that we should trade the pick for a boatload of picks that we need to build the team and then draft Lawrence next year should keep this nervousness about losing the top pick in mind. 1-13 and nervous about losing the top pick..... Just let's you know how hard it is to get it and it's not guaranteed we'd be in this position in the 2021 draft even with another down season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote