Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Off To A GREAT Start
Steelers got embarassed, Rapist retiring, Browns might actually keep Baker, the Bengals in the AFC Championship game, and now the Ravens...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/25/antonio-brown-wants-to-play-with-lamar-jackson-lamar-seems-interested/

...all I can say is....

[Image: do-it.gif]

I can't wait to see Antonio Brown lose his shit with a QB who only throws 25 times a game, with 15 of those throws going to Mark Andrews, and 7 going to RBs. He will absolutely tank your '22 season before tanking your '22-'23 offseason in a shitstorm of media appearances and lawsuits.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Steelers got embarassed, Rapist retiring, Browns might actually keep Baker, the Bengals in the AFC Championship game, and now the Ravens...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/25/antonio-brown-wants-to-play-with-lamar-jackson-lamar-seems-interested/

...all I can say is....

I can't wait to see Antonio Brown lose his shit with a QB who only throws 25 times a game, with 15 of those throws going to Mark Andrews, and 7 going to RBs. He will absolutely tank your '22 season before tanking your '22-'23 offseason in a shitstorm of media appearances and lawsuits.

Dude can't possibly football too much longer. He's about out of brain cells.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:10 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dude can't possibly football too much longer. He's about out of brain cells.

I honestly think that hit by Burfict did permanent damage, because Brown has been deranged ever since.  I'm not even joking a little.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:13 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I honestly think that hit by Burfict did permanent damage, because Brown has been deranged ever since.  I'm not even joking a little.

I think it definitely ignited a slow burn that exploded when the Steelers benched him before the Bengals game in '18. Before that hit, i can't think of any wacky incidents he was involved in. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:13 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I honestly think that hit by Burfict did permanent damage, because Brown has been deranged ever since.  I'm not even joking a little.

He's going to be the first CTE case that will be linked to a single replay and it will be a legal and PR nightmare for the NFL. Any time he's in the news/sports news for being a moron the conversation goes back to that hit causing it. And that's not just in Steelers fan circles.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:20 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think it definitely ignited a slow burn that exploded when the Steelers benched him before the Bengals game in '18. Before that hit, i can't think of any wacky incidents he was involved in. 

Largely true.  He had a few, very minor, incidents, but for a All-Pro level WR he was very drama free.

(01-28-2022, 12:37 AM)6andcounting Wrote: He's going to be the first CTE case that will be linked to a single replay and it will be a legal and PR nightmare for the NFL. Any time he's in the news/sports news for being a moron the conversation goes back to that hit causing it. And that's not just in Steelers fan circles.

An excellent point and I wouldn't be at all surprised if your prediction is 100% true.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 02:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Steelers got embarassed, Rapist retiring, Browns might actually keep Baker, the Bengals in the AFC Championship game, and now the Ravens...

...all I can say is....

No way the Ravens brass is stupid enough to do it. They're smarter than that. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:10 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dude can't possibly football too much longer. He's about out of brain cells.

He's done. He was done after Oakland, but TB12 went to bat for him. Twice. If it weren't for him, he would've been out of the league after his stunt with the Raiders. And now that bridge is burned. 

Not a single NFL team will take a chance on him. Not one ever again. He was free to sign with anyone for the playoffs 2 seasons ago but the Saints were the only ones to bring him in. And they declined. He was free to sign with anyone last off season. He got zero offers and had to go back to Tampa and play on a minimal one year deal. That was his only option and he couldn't even finish that. And this lawsuit bullshit, that's just making him even more toxic. 

It is funny to see him post and tweet like he's still going to play somewhere next year. He truly believes it. He's delusional. And it's amazing the number of 'experts' who believe that he will too. 

"but he's still good and can help win games...." yeah but not only will he cause drama, disruption, and quit on your team, but he'll also sue your ass after he does. 

The ONLY way he plays professionally again is if its in the CFL or USFL. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:37 AM)6andcounting Wrote: He's going to be the first CTE case that will be linked to a single replay and it will be a legal and PR nightmare for the NFL. Any time he's in the news/sports news for being a moron the conversation goes back to that hit causing it. And that's not just in Steelers fan circles.

The general wisdom is that CTE is not the result of a single hit, but man the eyeball test and gut feeling is that it is the case here. 
The guy had ego and personality issues before the hit, but they went nuclear after. There's a clear line. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. My guess is that they will be able to examine ABs brain sooner rather than later, if you catch my drift. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 07:24 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: The general wisdom is that CTE is not the result of a single hit, but man the eyeball test and gut feeling is that it is the case here. 
The guy had ego and personality issues before the hit, but they went nuclear after. There's a clear line. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. My guess is that they will be able to examine ABs brain sooner rather than later, if you catch my drift. 
CTE, by definition, is caused by repeated head trama, so I agree AB has more brain damage then just that one hit.

But whether it be in the news, a court room or a chat room, that one replay will represent his condition. It's not entirely accurate to boil down a career of hits to just one, but this stands out from any other player. As you said, this hit was the clear line when his behavior turned. And it happened in the prime of his career while he was still a top performer and heavily involved with media and social media.

Every other confirmed cause pretty much followed the Mike Webster model of making through the NFL relatively normal and then getting depression, mania and dementia 10 years later when no one is paying attention. I know Chris Henry was diagnosed at 26, but his behavior was more in-line with being a drunk idiot then CTE. It's hard to measure how much CTE played a role with him because he seemed perfectly normal when sober and focused on football.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 08:05 AM)6andcounting Wrote: CTE, by definition, is caused by repeated head trama, so I agree AB has more brain damage then just that one hit.

But whether it be in the news, a court room or a chat room, that one replay will represent his condition. It's not entirely accurate to boil down a career of hits to just one, but this stands out from any other player. As you said, this hit was the clear line when his behavior turned. And it happened in the prime of his career while he was still a top performer and heavily involved with media and social media.

Every other confirmed cause pretty much followed the Mike Webster model of making through the NFL relatively normal and then getting depression, mania and dementia 10 years later when no one is paying attention. I know Chris Henry was diagnosed at 26, but his behavior was more in-line with being a drunk idiot then CTE. It's hard to measure how much CTE played a role with him because he seemed perfectly normal when sober and focused on football.

Really good point about it happening sooner and in the public eye, so we're seeing it play out. All other players managed to be hidden in the obscurity of retirement. We have second hand accounts of what happened to Webster. With Brown its all over the internet every time he goes from mania to depression. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 07:19 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: He's done. He was done after Oakland, but TB12 went to bat for him. Twice. If it weren't for him, he would've been out of the league after his stunt with the Raiders. And now that bridge is burned. 

Not a single NFL team will take a chance on him. Not one ever again. He was free to sign with anyone for the playoffs 2 seasons ago but the Saints were the only ones to bring him in. And they declined. He was free to sign with anyone last off season. He got zero offers and had to go back to Tampa and play on a minimal one year deal. That was his only option and he couldn't even finish that. And this lawsuit bullshit, that's just making him even more toxic. 

It is funny to see him post and tweet like he's still going to play somewhere next year. He truly believes it. He's delusional. And it's amazing the number of 'experts' who believe that he will too. 

"but he's still good and can help win games...." yeah but not only will he cause drama, disruption, and quit on your team, but he'll also sue your ass after he does. 

The ONLY way he plays professionally again is if its in the CFL or USFL. 

I just feel a Lewis Billups ending coming for him. 

Reply/Quote

I can't disagree....there is something definitely " Off" with this guy and if Balt actually is stupid enough to sign him, it shows how desperate they are. Should'nt the NFL have some sort of protocol for guys that are obviously unhinged? IDK, maybe its CBA issue?
This is something the Bengals of old would be linked to and i am so glad we are way beyond this BS and have true pros and not screwed up players. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 08:05 AM)6andcounting Wrote: CTE, by definition, is caused by repeated head trama, so I agree AB has more brain damage then just that one hit.

Good call, Doc. 

I won't point out how an opponent is seen as "a drunk idiot" while a player on your team is seen as "perfectly normal". 

It's biased bullshit like this that turns your point from legitimate to fanboy BS. 

I would classify both of them as troubled, before their eventual "end", but that's because i can actually be completely unbiased. 

Since no one has bothered to point out this fact, i'll submit for everyone's benefit; Brown's real issues, starting with being benched, happened a full 3 years after the hit from Burfict. 

Try for just a second to lay aside your hatred (everyone) for Burfict and look at the facts. Or don't, i don't care. It just gives me an opportunity to point out where you're wrong. 

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Good call, Doc. 

I won't point out how an opponent is seen as "a drunk idiot" while a player on your team is seen as "perfectly normal". 

It's biased bullshit like this that turns your point from legitimate to fanboy BS. 

I would classify both of them as troubled, before their eventual "end", but that's because i can actually be completely unbiased. 

Since no one has bothered to point out this fact, i'll submit for everyone's benefit; Brown's real issues, starting with being benched, happened a full 3 years after the hit from Burfict. 

Try for just a second to lay aside your hatred (everyone) for Burfict and look at the facts. Or don't, i don't care. It just gives me an opportunity to point out where you're wrong. 

I have to disagree with you there.  Brown's behavior was noticeably different the next season.  It was in one of the first few games that he threw the water cooler because he wasn't getting the ball enough.  If I'm misremembering the time frame on that specific incident then my bad, but I absolutely remember thinking the next season that he wasn't acting like his old self.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I have to disagree with you there.  Brown's behavior was noticeably different the next season.  It was in one of the first few games that he threw the water cooler because he wasn't getting the ball enough.  If I'm misremembering the time frame on that specific incident then my bad, but I absolutely remember thinking the next season that he wasn't acting like his old self.

You are largely correct. Burfict hit him in early 2016. The water cooler was Sept 2017, two seasons later. Then summer 2018 he was throwing furniture off of a balcony in Miami. 

The season after Burfict, 2016 is when he was Facebook Live'ing everything in the locker room. It was also early in 2018 when he lost his shit of Twitter in response to an ex employee's tweet and said "Trade me and find out."

There was always something going on with him, but the Steelers kept it in house. Ryan Clark tells a story as far back as 2013ish when they let Mike Wallace go and gave Brown his money.  But it was around 2017 when keeping it in house and quiet became increasingly difficult and we started to publicly see what we are seeing now. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I have to disagree with you there.  Brown's behavior was noticeably different the next season.  It was in one of the first few games that he threw the water cooler because he wasn't getting the ball enough.  If I'm misremembering the time frame on that specific incident then my bad, but I absolutely remember thinking the next season that he wasn't acting like his old self.

Could have been. There could have been several incidents behind the scenes that fans never saw but were apparent/strange to those on the inside. 

I wasn't really focusing on that. The bigger part of my point is what was said about Henry. He died and was diagnosed at 26yrs old, so the beginnings of his problems were much earlier. Dismissing that and saying it was because he was a "drunk idiot" is immature and unnecessary. 

Reply/Quote
There was also the Im late for practice 110mph speeding ticket down McKnight Road that, even after he was busted, showed no contrition for. He even copped an attitude to the media after saying that he was racially profiled and was in disbelief that they gave a Steeler a ticket.

That was about a month or two before his final blow up. There are so many, I am probably forgetting a few.
Reply/Quote

AB is an uncontrolled idiot sober who became noticeably worse after being knock unconsious.

Chris Henry only did dumb stuff while drinking. Sounds like the average deunk to me.

Brown's issues with the Steelers began well before the day he got benched. Tomlin has tremendous patience for star players, which has blown up 3 times now.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 12:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just feel a Lewis Billups ending coming for him. 
Yeah, sadly I think theres a disastrous ending coming for him. I think when he's finally realized that no one wants him, his rap career fails, and the money runs out prompting his "Yes men" and "Hangers on" to bail, he's going to crash in a hard way.  

I think what he means is Chris Henry was kinda doing silly miscreant, misdemeanor stuff, not mentally losing it psycho things. Im not going to pretend that I remember exactly what, but his shennanigans were largely different than AB, in that Henry never quit and caused the disruption to his team the way that AB does, burning every bridge on the way out. AB does some of the lesser stuff too, but also takes it to another entirely different psychotic level. 
Reply/Quote