Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Regular Season Schedule!
I dig the mini bye week going into the road game against Baltimore.  The week 8 first game against the browns makes me hope Watson gets an 8 game suspension but honestly, the fact they scheduled the battle of ohio when they did makes me think he's looking at 6 games max.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
I will be surprised if Watson is suspended more than zero games.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 10:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Whoa. 

Pump the brakes on a 9-0 start. 

That ain't happening.

If Dalton can go 8-0 Burrow can go 9 straight lol...but yea, that'll be highly unlikely.  I def see 7-2 tho
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 01:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Rudolph basically done. It's either going to be Pickett or Trubisky.
I'm thinking Trubisky.

(05-13-2022, 02:15 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed, Trubisky starts the season and Pickett eventually sees the field when they decide Trubisky isn't the future.

Yeah, like I said, my friend was dragging me out to watch the NBA games so I posted it without thinking about it too much, but even the SteelersWire has Trubisky ranked as the 28th best starting quarterback!
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 04:58 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I will be surprised if Watson is suspended more than zero games.

So would I... His stuff isn't going to court til March. Why suspend him before any of that?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 09:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: We have a real shot at going 9-0 to start. Last 7 tough but 4 out of last 6 at Paul Brown

Week 10: Bye- Perfect time for a bye

Week 11: Nov. 20 — at Pittsburgh Steelers - 8:20 p.m. (NBC)- Stealers will suck this year until their new QB figures it out.

Week 12: Nov. 27 — at Tennessee Titans - 1:00 p.m. (CBS) Should be a good game

Week 13: Dec. 4 — Kansas City Chiefs - 4:25 p.m. (FOX) Without Honey Badger or Tyreek Hill. Mahomes is still trying to figure out what happened last year.

Week 14: Dec. 11 — Cleveland Browns - 1:00 p.m. (CBS) No OBJ and no Jarvis Landry (who's now a Saint) It's yet to be determined if Watson even plays.

Week 15: Dec. 18 — at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 4:25 p.m. (CBS) Old man Brady may not even make it to week 15

Week 16: Dec. 24 — at New England Patriots (Sat) - 1:00 p.m. (CBS)- Patriots are Meh...

Week 17: Jan. 2 — Buffalo Bills - 8:30 p.m. (ESPN/ABC) Bills will have locked up the Division by now and will be resting their starters.

Week 18: Jan. 7/8 — Baltimore Ravens - TBD- Who?
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 04:58 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I will be surprised if Watson is suspended more than zero games.

Wrong. He will be suspended the whole season.

pre-season  Ninja
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 10:55 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Week 10: Bye- Perfect time for a bye

Week 11: Nov. 20 — at Pittsburgh Steelers - 8:20 p.m. (NBC)- Stealers will suck this year until their new QB figures it out.

Week 12: Nov. 27 — at Tennessee Titans - 1:00 p.m. (CBS) Should be a good game

Week 13: Dec. 4 — Kansas City Chiefs - 4:25 p.m. (FOX) Without Honey Badger or Tyreek Hill. Mahomes is still trying to figure out what happened last year.

Week 14: Dec. 11 — Cleveland Browns - 1:00 p.m. (CBS) No OBJ and no Jarvis Landry (who's now a Saint) It's yet to be determined if Watson even plays.

Week 15: Dec. 18 — at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 4:25 p.m. (CBS) Old man Brady may not even make it to week 15

Week 16: Dec. 24 — at New England Patriots (Sat) - 1:00 p.m. (CBS)- Patriots are Meh...

Week 17: Jan. 2 — Buffalo Bills - 8:30 p.m. (ESPN/ABC) Bills will have locked up the Division by now and will be resting their starters.

Week 18: Jan. 7/8 — Baltimore Ravens - TBD- Who?
If the Bills live up to their hype and we improve on last year, you're looking at both teams playing their starters for the #1 seed I believe. I think the Bills are the most talented on paper this year without a doubt, but I think the race for that 1 seed will be close.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 09:21 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’m super shocked the Saints game is a 1PM game. Definitely need to bank wins early because after the bye is brutal at least on paper in May.

Yep agreed. I mean we're hoping we're at the point where these teams look at the schedule hoping to avoid us than the other way around, but we do have a tough stretch after the bye. We knew the schedule wouldn't be an easy one anyway.

All I'll say is we'll find out how legit this team is this season. On paper we should be able to hang with anybody, and having the Steelers out of the gate is a really good game to mark whether we'll be what we hope this year. 
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 09:21 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’m super shocked the Saints game is a 1PM game. Definitely need to bank wins early because after the bye is brutal at least on paper in May.

The Week 6 PT games are better than an interconference Bengals-Saints matchup, Bayou return or not:

Late Fox game 1: Cardinals-Seahawks (West coast, division game)
Late Fox game 2: Panthers-Rams (West Coast, we all know what the Rams are, I'm not typing it.)
Late CBS game: Bills-Chiefs (Re-match of that playoff game? How was this not MNF?)
SNF: Cowboys-Eagles (Div matchup of two playoff teams)
MNF: Broncos-Chargers (Wilson v Herbert in a division matchup. Oh...that's how.)

That's why it's a 1pm, because the game is in the same week as those matchups. If anything I'm shocked that Buffalo-KC isn't under the lights.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 08:47 AM)Ravage Wrote: The Week 6 PT games are better than an interconference Bengals-Saints matchup, Bayou return or not:

Late Fox game 1: Cardinals-Seahawks (West coast, division game)
Late Fox game 2: Panthers-Rams (West Coast, we all know what the Rams are, I'm not typing it.)
Late CBS game: Bills-Chiefs (Re-match of that playoff game? How was this not MNF?)
SNF: Cowboys-Eagles (Div matchup of two playoff teams)
MNF: Broncos-Chargers (Wilson v Herbert in a division matchup. Oh...that's how.)

That's why it's a 1pm, because the game is in the same week as those matchups. If anything I'm shocked that Buffalo-KC isn't under the lights.

I don’t agree. Bengals and Saints should be at least late Fox game. Either one of those late games can shove to a 1 pm game, and Bengals Saints are more appealing than Cowboys Eagles. However I don’t agree Chiefs Bills should be the night game, but Bengals at very least should have been a late Fox game.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 07:22 PM)jason Wrote: So would I... His stuff isn't going to court til March. Why suspend him before any of that?

Goodell and the league executives are NOT happy with the way the Browns structured his contract where he only makes 1 million this year, in an attempt to circumvent the loss of game checks. I'm not a huge Roger fan, but he is a smart man, and sees right through this. It would not surprise me if they continue the investigation for quite a while so when he does get suspended, it gets into next season's paychecks.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 10:09 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote:  Either one of those late games can shove to a 1 pm game, and Bengals Saints are more appealing than Cowboys Eagles. 

To us, yes, but perhaps not to the rest of the market. New Orleans is an even smaller market than Cincinnati is and neither are very popular outside of their respective areas. The Cowboys and Eagles are both huge markets and quite popular across the nation. They are also both good teams, which helps. That's a likely explanation. 
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 10:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Goodell and the league executives are NOT happy with the way the Browns structured his contract where he only makes 1 million this year, in an attempt to circumvent the loss of game checks. I'm not a huge Roger fan, but he is a smart man, and sees right through this. It would not surprise me if they continue the investigation for quite a while so when he does get suspended, it gets into next season's paychecks.

This is getting insane.

If the NFL league office plays games like this I hope they get their anti-trust exemption pulled by congress.  Goodell can't not just have unlimited power to keep Watson out of the game as long as he wants without at least the due process provided under the CBA.

Two different grand juries have refused to indict Watson.  There are no civil judgements against him.  They should not be allowed to keep him from playing forever.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 10:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Goodell and the league executives are NOT happy with the way the Browns structured his contract where he only makes 1 million this year, in an attempt to circumvent the loss of game checks. I'm not a huge Roger fan, but he is a smart man, and sees right through this. It would not surprise me if they continue the investigation for quite a while so when he does get suspended, it gets into next season's paychecks.

Definitely this. The commish doesn’t get out smarted because he has the largest hammer. The Browns are screwed. Getting Watson was not worth it. He’s gonna have a stiff penalty and the Browns gave up too much and are going to erode their roster. I expect Andrew Berry to resign. He’s not the architect of all this.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 12:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Definitely this. The commish doesn’t get out smarted because he has the largest hammer. The Browns are screwed. Getting Watson was not worth it. He’s gonna have a stiff penalty and the Browns gave up too much and are going to erode their roster. I expect Andrew Berry to resign. He’s not the architect of all this.

I agree that the Browns may have given up too much for Watson.  But you can't let Goodell have unlimited power because he has "the biggest hammer".  there are rules in the CBA regarding the process for suspending a player and the appeal.  You can't just let the commissioner have unlimited power to ruin people's lives.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 12:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree that the Browns may have given up too much for Watson.  But you can't let Goodell have unlimited power because he has "the biggest hammer".  there are rules in the CBA regarding the process for suspending a player and the appeal.  You can't just let the commissioner have unlimited power to ruin people's lives.

I agree that Goodell has too much power but most commish’s do. Regardless the Browns won’t get away with that contract. Watson won’t be able to skate w/o financial suffering
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 12:52 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:  Regardless the Browns won’t get away with that contract.

The Commissioner has no power over how a team structures its contracts.  If Goodell gets that crazy with power he will get in trouble.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 12:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Commissioner has no power over how a team structures its contracts.  If Goodell gets that crazy with power he will get in trouble.

The league office approves all contracts. They obviously did however as others have said look for Goodell to do something to negate them from minimizing Watson’s minimum deal the first year
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2022, 10:09 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I don’t agree. Bengals and Saints should be at least late Fox game. Either one of those late games can shove to a 1 pm game, and Bengals Saints are more appealing than Cowboys Eagles. However I don’t agree Chiefs Bills should be the night game, but Bengals at very least should have been a late Fox game.

You can't shove a West Coast, PST game to the 1pm slot. Those games are happening in PST, a 1pm EST start means they're kicking off at 10am local time, that's just not going to happen. 
Reply/Quote