Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2023 #1 Seed
I see very tough schedules for AFC West and AFC East in 2023. Could the Addition of Rodgers in New York and other factors help Bengals secure a number one seed?

I know some fans think we stink now, but I see us being better in 2023 when the dust settles

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see very tough schedules for AFC West and AFC East in 2023. Could the Addition of Rodgers in New York and other factors help Bengals secure a number one seed?

I know some fans think we stink now, but I see us being better in 2023 when the dust settles

Thoughts?

Yes, the AFC East pays the entire AFC West, and the AFC East definitely looks improved on paper. So, I think you have a good point. The stronger the AFC East is, the better chance for the Bengals to get that number one seed. 

Likewise, the better the AFC West is I think the better for the Bengals, as Buffalo and KC would have even harder schedules.

(Of course, last year I though the AFC West would be greatly improved and that never did work out. We'll see what happens with the AFC East and West this year.
Reply/Quote
AFC West and AFC East matchup against eachother next year. AFC West also gets the NFC North. (Chiefs get Philly as their extra NFC game.) The AFC East gets the NFC East (Bills get Tampa Bay as their extra NFC game, Jets get the Falcons as the extra game)

The AFC North gets the AFC South and the NFC West. (Bengals get Minny as their extra NFC game).
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals chances at the 1 seed will depend more on the AFCN. Will Lamar Jackson still be with the Ravens, be healthy, and play well? Also as much as I despise they guy Watson still has a chance to keep the Browns in contention in the AFCN. This is still going to be a tough division.

Other than the AFCN the Bengals other opponents this year don't look too bad now. Bills and Chiefs games being the most daunting. Sure the more competitive the other AFC divisions get the better. But the Bengals still have to take care of things in their very competitive division first.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 02:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see very tough schedules for AFC West and AFC East in 2023. Could the Addition of Rodgers in New York and other factors help Bengals secure a number one seed?

Thoughts?

Nice thread. Once the dust settles, I agree we should be better in 2023 than we were last year. Lots of teams should be, especially 
the Jets with Rodgers if he isn't falling off any. They should really compete with the Bills now and push them. I still think we are the
team to beat in the AFC North as long as our trenches on both sides of the ball can stay somewhat healthy.

Karras, Cappa and Volson will have that chemistry early they didn't have early last season. So the interior should be good, we can 
still add to the OL and upgrade RT and Carman finally coming along is a good sign at LT.

Our Defense will be fine as long as we add a veteran Safety under Lou and the young guys get lots of snaps. Chido should be back
100% by the opener, CTB shown VERY well for a rookie, Dax is crazy talented, Hilton is one of the best Slot Corners still and we can
add Apple or and even better Corner for depth.

Love our LB's in Pratt, Wilson, ADG, Bailey, Bachie etc.

(03-15-2023, 03:05 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yes, the AFC East plays the entire AFC West, and the AFC East definitely looks improved on paper. So, I think you have a good point. The stronger the AFC East is, the better chance for the Bengals to get that number one seed. 

Likewise, the better the AFC West is I think the better for the Bengals, as Buffalo and KC would have even harder schedules.

(Of course, last year I though the AFC West would be greatly improved and that never did work out. We'll see what happens with the AFC East and West this year.

It is much tougher for the Bills and Chiefs now especially now that we shown we might be a bad mismatch for the Bills with Burrow 
and our passing Offense. Also thought the AFC West was going to be much better than it was, maybe we were a year ahead of that 
being so, especially with the Broncos who now have Sean Payton which is huge for them and he isn't messing around in FA.
Reply/Quote
Sweeping our division would go a long way to getting that number one seed. We lost to beatable teams last year having a slow start hope we do not drag our feet into the season again. {Burrow injury excluded}
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 03:12 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I think the Bengals chances at the 1 seed will depend more on the AFCN.  Will Lamar Jackson still be with the Ravens, be healthy, and play well?  Also as much as I despise they guy Watson still has a chance to keep the Browns in contention in the AFCN.   This is still going to be a tough division.

Other than the AFCN the Bengals other opponents this year don't look too bad now.  Bills and Chiefs games being the most daunting.  Sure the more competitive the other AFC divisions get the better.  But the Bengals still have to take care of things in their very competitive division first.

We did not play well in our own division in 2022 going 3-3. I don't normally make prediction, but I think we go at least 4-2 in our division. I also think 12-5 may get a number one seed.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I think with so many moving pieces we will have a slow start to the season.
Reply/Quote
Defenses in the AFC North are a murderers' row.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
5 seed at best.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 05:58 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: 5 seed at best.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4748tpf6ayylf1bq4109...y.gif&ct=g]

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 07:26 PM)casear2727 Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4748tpf6ayylf1bq4109...y.gif&ct=g]

I'll send you some doordash when you admit I was right later this year, you freaking bozo.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 07:31 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I'll send you some doordash when you admit I was right later this year, you freaking bozo.

Who cries like you did 2 days before FA?

Who is all gloom and doom weeks before the draft?  Months before training camp?

Is this your first preseason?  

Some of us have actually been around since Mike Brown took over, we have learned to not get emotional before the off-season even starts.  And with our team's success the last 2 seasons it appears kind of childish and disrespectful to the the players and coaches for a supposed "fan" to be stating we will suck before any free agents can even be signed.

Feel free to keep pouting, spewing your emotions, and I'll feel free to keep calling you out.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 07:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Who cries like you did 2 days before FA?

Who is all gloom and doom weeks before the draft?  Months before training camp?

Is this your first preseason?  

Some of us have actually been around since Mike Brown took over, we have learned to not get emotional before the off-season even starts.  And with our team's success the last 2 seasons it appears kind of childish and disrespectful to the the players and coaches for a supposed "fan" to be stating we will suck before any free agents can even be signed.

Feel free to keep pouting, spewing your emotions, and I'll feel free to keep calling you out.

I started this thread to attempt to get our fans minds on a tangible 2023 possibilility. I guess too soon, many think we will get no FA's and not hit on 1 starter in the draft so we are doomed. Sarcasm

Reply/Quote
We should be in with a shot of the #1 seed, but that's regardless of Schedule. It's another step for this team to show they are what we think they are... perennial challengers will be after that #1 seed for a number of years, so we have to go and prove that. Logically, we should be a competitor for the #1 this season.

That said, I think this team raises it's game for the playoffs, and I'd rather have it that way around, than the opposite. So it wouldn't shock me if we go in as the #3 again or maybe even as a strong wildcard. I'd be perfectly ok with that, getting to the dance is what matters, but I do think we need to be aiming for the #1.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 04:34 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: We should be in with a shot of the #1 seed, but that's regardless of Schedule. It's another step for this team to show they are what we think they are... perennial challengers will be after that #1 seed for a number of years, so we have to go and prove that. Logically, we should be a competitor for the #1 this season.

That said, I think this team raises it's game for the playoffs, and I'd rather have it that way around, than the opposite. So it wouldn't shock me if we go in as the #3 again or maybe even as a strong wildcard. I'd be perfectly ok with that, getting to the dance is what matters, but I do think we need to be aiming for the #1.

All great points CincinnatiKid. Orlando Brown sure helps.  Mellow
Reply/Quote

[Image: troll-trolls.gif]
Reply/Quote

Are you even a bengals fan? Or just a pessimist in every aspect of life?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 04:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All great points CincinnatiKid. Orlando Brown sure helps.  Mellow

Absolutely he does. Huge move by the FO and we couldn't have asked them to do more on that position. Enormous liability 2 years ago and the FO have done everything to try and fix that. Deserve a ton of credit for it.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 05:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: [Image: troll-trolls.gif]

Everyone should put him on ignore...he offers nothing but troll posts
Reply/Quote