Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 February Bengal Board Draft Challenge
January picks were very good. It was tough choice but Edge to Synric for January Challenge winner.

February Challenge is now Open.

Here are the rules: Pick one and only one mock draft to share for the month. NO TRADES. List the draft site used at top, thanks.

Members must take one mock draft from the following:

fanspeak https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/
PFN https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/
Draft lounge https://nfldraftlounge.com/2023-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/
PFF https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator?ref=65ce08af-15be-432c-8116-18452e25375a

Good Luck!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
PFF.com

1) Antoine Harrison- OT University of Oklahoma
2) Darnell Washington -TE University of Georgia
3) Jordon Battle- FS -University of Alabama
4)Jaylon Jones -CB -Texas A&M
5) Owen Pappoe- LB- Auburn University
6) Ochaun Mathis- Edge -University of Nebraska
7) Richard Gouraige- OT -University of Florida
Reply/Quote
PFF doesn't have Payne Durham. This upsets me.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2023, 11:42 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: PFF doesn't have Payne Durham. This upsets me.

I like Mock Draft Database. They don't have their own rankings for players instead they collect consensus from all the draft analysts. They collect all the major mock drafts into one easy to peruse format. They also have a solo Mock Draft Simulator with a lot better script than PFF.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
PFN gave me this cracked draft...

Bryan Bresee
DT Clemson
CIN

Derick Hall
EDGE Auburn
CIN

Zach Evans
RB Ole Miss
CIN

Trey Palmer
WR Nebraska
CIN

Jaylon Jones
CB Texas A&M
CIN

Riley Moss
CB Iowa
CIN

Davis Allen
TE Clemson
Reply/Quote
O'Cyrus Torrence IOL | Florida 

Calijah Kancey DL | Pittsburgh 

Tucker Kraft TE | South Dakota State 

Mekhi Garner CB | LSU 

Brenton Cox Jr. EDGE | Florida

Mohamed Ibrahim RB | Minnesota 

Bryce Ford-WheatonWR | West Virginia 

EDIT: Sorry, didn't specify...and this will probably be an auto disqualify because i used the site Synric posted above. Just thought i'd check it out.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Went with PFF:

1) John Michael Schmitz/OL

2) Keeanu Benton/DL

3) Cedric Tillman/WR

4) Jaelyn Duncan/OL

5) Clayton Tune/QB

6) Tavion Thomas/RB

7) Mike Turk/P
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Ok her is mine I used PFF.

1) Lukas Van Ness-(Iowa) Edge- we need to maintain a strong front. 6'5 270

2) Darnell Wright- (TENN) RT- think orlando Brown here at RT 6'6 340, huge bookend.

3) Luke Musgrave-(Ore.St) TE- need to add a #1 TE into the mix over the middle 6'6 250

4) Cory Trice-(Purdue) S- pure depth here 6'3 215, good size for ST

5) Nick Broeker-(Ole Miss) G/T- good swing guy for Oline depth 6'6 310

6) Mohamid Ibriham-(Minn) RB we simple need a RBBC here and he becomes a solid #3 RB 5'10 210

7) Tiawan Mullen-(Indiana) CB 5'10 185, might be a nice slot guy in the future to groom, ST guy
Reply/Quote
PFF:

R1) Broderick Jones- T (Georgia) Weight: 311 lbs / Height: 6′ 4″

R2) Moro Ojomo- DI (Texas) Weight: 281 lbs / Height: 6′ 3″

R3) Dawand Jones- T (Ohio State) Weight: 375 lbs / Height: 6′ 8″

R4) Riley Moss- CB (Iowa) Weight: 194 lbs / Height: 6′ 1″

R5) Ivan Pace Jr.- LB (Cinn) Weight: 236 lbs / Height: 6′ 0″

R6) McCallan Castles TE (UC Davis) Weight: 234 lbs / Height: 6′ 5″

R7) Cameron Mitchell- CB (Northwestern) Weight: 195 lbs / Height: 6′ 0″

Have to see if either Jones can play the right side, but there's some beef and talent to protect Joe.
Reply/Quote
OP, unless my phone is acting weird, just a heads up, PFF is only letting two rounds go through. Maybe updating rankings? Might make the mocks from them unable to finish.
Reply/Quote
Per Fanspeak:

Rd 1. Darnell Wright RT Tenn

Enough said.

Rd 2. Calijah Kancey 3T Pitt

We're getting him projected as our 1st rounder. No Brainerd as a 2nd rounder. Could develop and give depth for when BJ is gone.

Rd 3. Payne Durham TE Purdue

My draft crush, a Mayer-lite that doesn't cost a 1st round pick.

Rd 4. Jammie Robinson S/slot FSU

Von Bell/Mike Hilton understudy/future replacement.

Rd 5. Jakorian Bennett CB Maryland

Size/Weight/speed specimen that i hope could fill in for Chido while recovering from ACL injury.

Rd 6. Ivan Pace Jr. LB UC

Well aware he won't be there at this slot but he was for the mock so I took him.

Rd 7. Jerome Carvin LG Tenn

Another OL to put slight competition (I say slight because of draft position) for Volson. If nothing else, interior depth.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 10:38 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: OP, unless my phone is acting weird, just a heads up, PFF is only letting two rounds go through. Maybe updating rankings? Might make the mocks from them unable to finish.

ya, it just started today i think.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 06:55 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: PFF:

R1) Broderick Jones- T (Georgia) Weight: 311 lbs / Height: 6′ 4″

R2) Moro Ojomo- DI (Texas) Weight: 281 lbs / Height: 6′ 3″

R3) Dawand Jones- T (Ohio State) Weight: 375 lbs / Height: 6′ 8″

R4) Riley Moss- CB (Iowa) Weight: 194 lbs / Height: 6′ 1″

R5) Ivan Pace Jr.- LB (Cinn) Weight: 236 lbs / Height: 6′ 0″

R6) McCallan Castles TE (UC Davis) Weight: 234 lbs / Height: 6′ 5″

R7) Cameron Mitchell- CB (Northwestern) Weight: 195 lbs / Height: 6′ 0″

Have to see if either Jones can play the right side, but there's some beef and talent to protect Joe.
I can’t see Jones lasting that long but I would really like this draft. Would hopefully help the O line get better while hitting other positions of need, too. I would still like to see them take a speedy RB somewhere in the first 3-4 rounds.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 02:36 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I can’t see Jones lasting that long but I would really like this draft. Would hopefully help the O line get better while hitting other positions of need, too. I would still like to see them take a speedy RB somewhere in the first 3-4 rounds.
I'd be happy swapping Duece Vaughn in for the 5/6th round, if we can sign Hurst for reasonable money. Something about Vaughn being such a small target fascinates me with him going against mountains of men.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2023, 10:19 AM)Synric Wrote: I like Mock Draft Database. They don't have their own rankings for players instead they collect consensus from all the draft analysts. They collect all the major mock drafts into one easy to peruse format. They also have a solo Mock Draft Simulator with a lot better script than PFF.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/

Do they not offer scouting reports on players?  That is one reason that I tend to use PFN, I can get info (maybe not the best, but at least something) on some players that I'm not really familiar with.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 10:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Do they not offer scouting reports on players?  That is one reason that I tend to use PFN, I can get info (maybe not the best, but at least something) on some players that I'm not really familiar with.

I'm not sure how accurate they are because i haven't taken any kind of deep dive, and i'm really just now getting into anything draft related, but i really like the layout of nfldraftbuzz.com.

Now watch...a couple people will come on here and say, "dude, that site sucks for accuracy!!".   Cry

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2023, 12:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm not sure how accurate they are because i haven't taken any kind of deep dive, and i'm really just now getting into anything draft related, but i really like the layout of nfldraftbuzz.com.

Now watch...a couple people will come on here and say, "dude, that site sucks for accuracy!!".   Cry

But do they have a mock simulator that allows you to view info on a player, while in draft?

For example, Fanspeak shows you a little stats panel that you can view, prior to drafting a player. PFF seems to want you to be a paid subscriber in order to view infor. PFN, at least lets you see a (even if generic) scouting report on a player, before you decide to select or not.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
FYI, PFF.com is back to 7 rounds now, and it appears they've updated the rankings after the All-Star games. OT-Dwand Jones is now #44.  We may need to revise b/c there's 0% chance he's going late in the 2 round much less the 3rd round now.
Reply/Quote
Mock Draft Data Base -

28 – Cody Mauch – G/ OT North Dakota State
60 – Jaelyn Duncan – OT Maryland
92 – Karl Brooks – DT Bowling Green
131 – Darius Rush – CB South Carolina
165 – Josh Whyle – TE Cincinnati
206 – Andrei Losivas – WR Princeton
248 – Jake Haener – QB Fresno State
Reply/Quote
PFN: