Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***2023 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-27-2023, 06:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: personally, I think a better pass rush is what this defense needs most at the moment

A better secondary helps the pass rush. If the quarterback has nowhere to throw he’s probably going to take a sack. I like your point though; the Bengals need more pressure in the backfield period.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anyone else think Joe Thomas sucks as a TV Personality?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 05:47 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Yeah people don’t seem to understand it’s much more fun to watch it live rather than someone’s wasteful stupid it’s blah post. It means nothing. It’s just people like Pally etc that apparently must get off big time by being the first to reveal something.

For anyone not wanting to know who the pick is until it's been announced on their chosen media:

Starting one pick prior, just ignore the board until you've seen the Bengals pick announced and then come back. 

If everyone that cares about this issue simply did that, it would never be an issue to begin with.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 06:36 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: For anyone not wanting to know who the pick is until it's been announced on their chosen media:

Starting one pick prior, just ignore the board until you've seen the Bengals pick announced and then come back. 

If everyone that cares about this issue simply did that, it would never be an issue to begin with.

Anyone looking to participate in real time conversations regarding a live sporting or entertainment event should be aware that they’re going to see spoilers. It’s actually an odd request to ask people not to talk about it in real time.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
if you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-mock-draft-pff-analysts-seven-rounds-four-qbs

Quote:25. CINCINNATI BENGALS (VIA NYG): RB BIJAN ROBINSON, TEXAS
The Bengals send Pick Nos. 28 and 163 to the Giants to move past the Cowboys and Bills and draft Robinson. This would allow Cincinnati to cut Joe Mixon and build out one of the NFL's most exciting offenses for the 2023 season.

Tiger
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 07:04 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Anyone looking to participate in real time conversations regarding a live sporting or entertainment event should be aware that they’re going to see spoilers. It’s actually an odd request to ask people not to talk about it in real time.

I agree. I have always found it so weird and self absorbed to tell people to not discuss events in real-time just so you don't have it spoiled for you. I mean, c'mon, we are on a message board/Discord/whatever the platform. People are going to be discussing things live. If you don't like it, go sit on your recliner and talk about it tomorrow you freaking goofballs. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 07:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I agree. I have always found it so weird and self absorbed to tell people to not discuss events in real-time just so you don't have it spoiled for you. I mean, c'mon, we are on a message board/Discord/whatever the platform. People are going to be discussing things live. If you don't like it, go sit on your recliner and talk about it tomorrow you freaking goofballs. 

Right, and considering some will be watching on cable, some on satellite, some on stream, some on social media...how the hell is everyone supposed to know when everyone saw the pick announced and how long to wait? That's just impossible anymore.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 07:07 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-mock-draft-pff-analysts-seven-rounds-four-qbs

Tiger

If Bijan Robinson is still there at pick 20, I start calling people to see what it might take to move up. I don’t think they will, but I’d like it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 07:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Right, and considering some will be watching on cable, some on satellite, some on stream, some on social media...how the hell is everyone supposed to know when everyone saw the pick announced and how long to wait? That's just impossible anymore.

Exactly. If all of the platforms save for one were synced then that would be understandable. Plus, in order to have the pick spoiled you have to be refreshing the thread here. So, if a person knows that all of these different media outlets aren't synced up and they haven't seen the pick yet but they keep refreshing the thread only to see someone announce the pick before their media outlet announces it...who's at fault? 

It's just silly. Your suggestion is great and what I will normally do. Once we get close to the pick, I stop engaging in the thread/Discord/Reddit and wait until I see it. I can then join in on the festivities. 
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 07:07 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-mock-draft-pff-analysts-seven-rounds-four-qbs

Tiger

If that happened, it would be the Bengals telling the rest of the AFC...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 06:36 PM)Synric Wrote: Anyone else think Joe Thomas sucks as a TV Personality?

Who's worse - him or Jason Witten?
Woo boy Witten was terrible lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Anyone got any bets on tonight seeing as they’ve decided to treat you guys like adults and let you have a flutter?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 07:37 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Anyone got any bets on tonight seeing as they’ve decided to treat you guys like adults and let you have a flutter?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
What sucks is Goodell sashaying his sorry ass up to the podium 8 to 10 minutes or longer after 8 to put the 1st team on the clock. Carolina should be on the freakin' clock at 8:00.01 p.m.. I wish people would pelt Goodell with eggs and rotten vegetables.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 07:40 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's talking about them making gambling legal iin the US.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 07:04 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Anyone looking to participate in real time conversations regarding a live sporting or entertainment event should be aware that they’re going to see spoilers. It’s actually an odd request to ask people not to talk about it in real time.

I've been a proponent of "not spoil the pick". But I get the culture has changed. Folks are on Twitter and other sources that announce the pick before the Network does. It's not so bad in RD1 and as Holic stated you can just ignore the board the pick prior. The issue comes in the later rounds when the networks get a few picks behind.

After Day 2 I just don't follow it in this forum at all. There are 2 Networks televising the draft; I don't see the in waiting until they announce, but like I said: I understand the modern culture and would never ask anyone not to. I just hope they don't ask me not to when I call them a dick for doing it.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 07:37 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Anyone got any bets on tonight seeing as they’ve decided to treat you guys like adults and let you have a flutter?

Had to look up British slang for "flutter." Apparently is British slang for "to place a bet or wager."
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 04:23 PM)tms Wrote: Here's my final prediction. Keep in mind, I'm not up to date with the word on the street in Cincy or what the insiders are saying. I don't have access to them, that may be smoke and, tbh, I don't need to know the pick in advance anyway. I can wait for tonight. For that matter, I don't need to hear the weekend's picks five seconds before they're announced. Those five seconds won't kill me. But I digress lol

Anyway, I see them taking Brian Branch. The logic is just that I haven't heard much about him. They also weren't all that active in filling Bates and Bell via free agency, which means either they may have someone in house (i..e, Dax, Tycen) and/or are planning to do it through the draft. Even if they're happy with their safeties, they may be looking beyond Hilton (who's on the back end of his deal).

"which means either they may have someone in house (i..e, Dax, Tycen)"

Seriously?   Dax is a freaking 1st Rd pick, your comment seems to suggest he is just some bench warmer?  He was planned to replace Bates a year ago.  We have 3 safeties that run sub 4.4, I'd rather not add a nickel back that runs a 4.6, even though he is a good football player.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 07:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: "which means either they may have someone in house (i..e, Dax, Tycen)"

Seriously?   Dax is a freaking 1st Rd pick, your comment seems to suggest he is just some bench warmer?  He was planned to replace Bates a year ago.  We have 3 safeties that run sub 4.4, I'd rather not add a nickel back that runs a 4.6, even though he is a good football player.

anyone mocking a 1st round safety to cincy is a foolish person

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote