Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***2023 NFL Draft Thread***
I'm now hearing rumblings on Bergeron.

Please not another oline reach
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 04:49 PM)BengalBob Wrote: I'm now hearing rumblings on Bergeron.

I also saw the Bengals recently met virtually with Freeland and McClendon. I would assume all of these guys are considerations for tomorrow and not tonight.

Maybe they’re preparing for a Jonah trade?
Reply/Quote
When the Offensive Line run starts tonight they are going to fly off the board. There is no middle ground in this class at OT.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 09:06 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Please don't post picks before they're announced on TV!!!

Ummm how would anyone do this? Lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 04:58 PM)Synric Wrote: When the Offensive Line run starts tonight they are going to fly off the board. There is no middle ground in this class at OT.

There’s no Penei Sewell in this one.

You’ve got the top guys that are probably day 1 starters then you’ve got projects.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Best odds to draft RB Jahmyr Gibbs, per DraftKings:

Bengals +350
Patriots +500
Eagles +800
Cowboys +900
Giants +1000
Bills +1000
Dolphins +1200
Reply/Quote
Check the profiles on these guys. They project as backups and seem to be power guys except Freeland to some extent.
Reply/Quote
Ehhh....Back to the good old days when they could get early release for prison inmates to play in the NFL ..It seems to have worked out great for Jess Phillips.. He had a great career in the league.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
WHO - DEY!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 04:59 PM)Housh Wrote: Ummm how would anyone do this? Lol

The Bullwinkle method.. Eanie meany chilli beanie..the spirits are about to speak.. Tongue  

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 08:36 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Would love:
Wright
Forbes
Bijan (no chance)

Happy with:
Kancey
Gibbs

Acceptable:
Kincaid

Do not want:
Mayer

It wouldn’t surprise me if all those are gone by the time we pick and look to trade back.

Agree with everything but Kincaid I would put him with Mayer.
Reply/Quote
I love draft weekend I always take Friday and get the weekend off to enjoy it
Reply/Quote
Bengals not taking Gibbs confirmed.

Kiper has him going to us in his final mock.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I have been locked in on Wright, Washington, and Forbes but the more I consider and the more I watch film the more I am onboard with Gibbs at #28. I believe he is the impact player that right now can take this offense to the next level and give defenses fits. Every time he touches the ball he is a legit threat to go the distance whether he lines up in the backfield, slot, or split out wide. He is absolutely dynamic and more than likely would have the most impact on this season.

Pencil me in:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDMYeklnbU4DDthwqFzMK...g&usqp=CAU]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 04:48 PM)tms Wrote: On one hand I totally agree. At the same time, the thing about this draft class- every draft class, but especially this one imo- is that almost none of the premium backs can block. At least not yet. The Bengals won't solve that problem through the draft. I guess Charbonnet may be able to hold his own but the rest is a total crapshoot. I certainly wouldn't rule anyone out on that basis alone. But that's just me. 

Chase Brown, Roschon Johnson and Travis Dye disagree. These 3 are all good pass blocking RB's...

And even better than Charbonnet.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 04:49 PM)BengalBob Wrote: I'm now hearing rumblings on Bergeron.  

(04-27-2023, 04:53 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: I also saw the Bengals recently met virtually with Freeland and McClendon. I would assume all of these guys are considerations for tomorrow and not tonight.

Maybe they’re preparing for a Jonah trade?

This would have to be for tomorrow, because yeah, all would be reaches at 28. I do like Bergeron, Dawand Jones or McClendon in 
the 2nd or later...
Reply/Quote
When was the last time we had a sure fire can't miss first round pick? ....
Ok, Borrow then Chase and then Dax, but c'mon man! It's been a year already..I think it's time to catch lighting in a bottle for a change.. 

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 05:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Chase Brown, Roschon Johnson and Travis Dye disagree. These 3 are all good pass blocking RB's...

And even better than Charbonnet.

Sure, but I don't consider any of them to be "premium backs". That's what I meant.  
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2023, 05:27 PM)tms Wrote: Sure, but I don't consider any of them to be "premium backs". That's what I meant.  

Cool, I getcha. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I hope we trade back and have 3 selections tomorrow, 1 early 2nd round, our 2nd round and a 3rd. then 2 4th round picks
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote