Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***2023 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-28-2023, 12:46 AM)Synric Wrote: I'm surprised at all the Myles Murphy hate... we are talking about one of the most talented edge rushers in a deep edge class.

It’s because Goodberry is down on him and so the sentiment has kind of spread is my guess.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:46 AM)Synric Wrote: I'm surprised at all the Myles Murphy hate... we are talking about one of the most talented edge rushers in a deep edge class.

The athleticism is good, but just underproduced in college on a really good team. Just heard someone compare him to rashan Gary, great athlete but may take a few years to put it together. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:47 AM)KyBengalfan94 Wrote: You guys do a great job keeping this board a secret.  Only took 3 months to approve a membership.  Good luck with your future endeavors.  I find some of your highly ranked members to be complete douchebags

We have to approve memberships? Plenty of us are douchebags. And a lot of use hate reading the exact same comment every 6 messages. Although Kincaid got picked so you stopped talking about it.

Edit: I stand corrected.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:49 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: The athleticism is good, but just underproduced in college on a really good team. Just heard someone compare him to rashan Gary, great athlete but may take a few years to put it together. 

He is also only 21. Let’s see give him more than 20 minutes before we make assumptions either way.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:18 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: These war rooms are so damn cringe. Bunch of old white boomers dapping each other up.

Racist/ageist much?
Reply/Quote

Many still have the "we're a crappy team" mentality. They look for what they perceive as the weakest position group on our team and say we need to go there. 

Eminem was the highest ranked player on the board. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:51 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Racist/ageist much?

weezy's a woman so you must forgive her

umm....sexist much?

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Murphy will come in tomorrow and do his press conference and suddenly more people will like him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

He doesn't play a position most people had as a need.

That aside, he's a great prospect and he'll get plenty of play in the DL rotation.  I'm happy with it the way the board fell.  
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Eminem was the highest ranked player on the board. 

Spaghetti!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:52 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Murphy will come in tomorrow and do his press conference and suddenly more people will like him.

Also once the spin writers talk about how he's the next greatest defensive end will help too. Or is the late round UDFA that get pumped up that way?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:53 AM)Stewy Wrote: Mom's Spaghetti!!!!!

Fixed it.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:52 AM)Whatever Wrote: He doesn't play a position most people had as a need.

That aside, he's a great prospect and he'll get plenty of play in the DL rotation.  I'm happy with it the way the board fell.  

Our pass rush was a need. There is no debating that.

But you are right, great prospect.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:52 AM)Whatever Wrote: He doesn't play a position most people had as a need.

People acting like we didn’t have a bottom half of the league pass rush. We needed to do something to boost it and this will help. I think we will see NASCAR package ran out there with Ossai, Murphy, Hubbard, Hendrickson all on the field for obvious passing downs.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:51 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: He is also only 21.  Let’s see give him more than 20 minutes before we make assumptions either way.

Yeah he's an upside pick. Hope he can put up 25 sacks this year, but would rather a more immediate help. I get the value especially as pass rushers contracts are expensive. Draft just didn't fall favorably for Bengals imo
Reply/Quote
Looks like Pitt gets Porter.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:49 AM)MasonDT70 Wrote: The athleticism is good, but just underproduced in college on a really good team. Just heard someone compare him to rashan Gary, great athlete but may take a few years to put it together. 

Green Bay changed him positions from college to NFL as well. Myles had twice the production as well. 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:49 AM)Au165 Wrote: It’s because Goodberry is down on him and so the sentiment has kind of spread is my guess.

The day I need Joe Goodberry to do my thinking for me...
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:54 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Also once the spin writers talk about how he's the next greatest defensive end will help too. Or is the late round UDFA that get pumped up that way?

Murphy is an athletic freak. I like him already.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2023, 12:55 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Looks like Pitt gets Porter.

Which is just beyond upsetting....

(04-28-2023, 12:55 AM)Whatever Wrote: The day I need Joe Goodberry to do my thinking for me...

Absolute truth.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote