Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***2023 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-29-2023, 12:54 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Irv Smith is a weapon. It won't surprise me if he gets somewhere around 6-8 TDs this season. I think many on here are selling him short and will be doing a 180 come the regular season.

He’s solid but an injury risk.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Not sure why Kansas City is booing Roger Goodell, their biggest ally. Better than any draft selection they could possibly make.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 12:08 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: ...4th: Wypler, Scott,  Jones, Washington, Abanikanda, Johnson, Adebewore, Brooks, D. Jones, Kuntz, Zavala, Ringo, Phillips, Trice, Rush, Whyle.

They wont draft Jones if they dont trade Williams.  That would leave them with Williams, Jones, Carman and Collins at RT.  Thats just too many RTs

Personally I would love to see them trade Williams and use that pick to draft Jones.  I dont see why they would hold on to Williams when he is gone after this year anyway.  Draft Jones and you have him for 4 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 12:58 PM)Nepa Wrote: I think TE or RB. 

Irv Smith is quite short for a TE (6'2") and not sure what we get out of him. Competition at that spot, and someone for two-TE sets, would be valuable. 

And regarding RB, the Bengals lost RB2 and Mixon is a liability in pass pro. Not to mention our RBs last year were frustrating when we had 3rd and short because they couldn't move defenders the yard needed. 

There are still RBs and TEs available who could contribute on special teams and maybe give some competition for playing time. Maybe hit on someone like KC did with Pacheco. 

Yes, he's 6'2" but he has tremendous hands and gets in and out of his cuts very quickly. He's a TE with some wiggle. It may not be straight-line speed, but it is football speed. I like the Mallory kid as well and I'm sure they are going to grab a guy as they should.
Reply/Quote
Who really believes Cincy TE Josh Whyle won’t be picked today by the Bengals?

Not a lot of low-hanging fruit.

Picks I’d like:

Alabama ILB Henry To’olo’olololo’LOL’lmfao

OSU OL Dawand Jones

Miami TE Will Mallory

LSU DT Jacquelin Roy

Pitt RB Israel Abanikanda

Clemson DE KJ Henry

Kansas State RB Deuce Vaughn. If you’ve never seen him, check it. He’s 4’8”.

Florida OLB Ventrell Miller
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 12:58 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: It's a valid point and is definitely troublesome. Ts, if he stays healthy, he's going to contribute. 

That's an Orlando Brown Jr-sized if. 

Irv has missed 29 of 66 games (44%) in his first 4 years. Tyler Eifert missed 27 of 64 games (42%) in his first 4 years. Less durable than Eifert so far, and much much less productive when he is on the field.

I would love to be wrong, but consider me very skeptical.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
is there a QB that they might grab today, like the 49ers did with Brock Purdy in the 7th round last year?
Reply/Quote
***Crap, forgot Ole Miss RB Zach Evans. Probably the best RB remaining.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
If Andrew Vorhees is there in the 7th I would draft him and put him on the IR while he rehabs his ACL.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 01:02 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yes it would spell the end. But it would leave a huge inexperience hole in the running back room. It’s unlikely. Rumors Detroit is moving on from Swift.

Can't disagree with you, but I wonder if they care.  RB is so minimalized in our OF from a running perspective.  You find a rookie with the right smarts (football and intelligence), I am sure they could handle the load.  But we'd probably prefer and interchangeable tandem and that might be a problem relying upon two rookies.

But until they actually move on from Mixon, it's all just theoretical as we don't know if they're actually attempting to do it.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 01:10 PM)Nepa Wrote: is there a QB that they might grab today, like the 49ers did with Brock Purdy in the 7th round last year?

I dont know.  There could be someone they like in the late rounds
Reply/Quote
The 4th round is the worst with all the weird annoucers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 01:10 PM)Nepa Wrote: is there a QB that they might grab today, like the 49ers did with Brock Purdy in the 7th round last year?

From a traditional QB point of view, I've heard pundits talking about Jaren Hall (BYU), Clayton Tune (HOU) and Stetson Bennett.
Reply/Quote
The Eagles move up to take Ringo.
Reply/Quote

We met with the UCLA QB. Wouldn't be surprised to see us use one of our sixth round picks on him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 01:16 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The Eagles move up to take Ringo.

Yeah that defense is going to be something else. They are loaded and have to be the favorites to repeat as NFC champions
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 01:11 PM)Stewy Wrote: Can't disagree with you, but I wonder if they care.  RB is so minimalized in our OF from a running perspective.  You find a rookie with the right smarts (football and intelligence), I am sure they could handle the load.  But we'd probably prefer and interchangeable tandem and that might be a problem relying upon two rookies.

But until they actually move on from Mixon, it's all just theoretical as we don't know if they're actually attempting to do it.

Well Mixon’s pass blocking issues are overrated. He’s willing to block and physically he’s fine but Mixon’s pass blocking issues are more related to recognition and intelligence. He’s not smart period. Whether it’s on the field or in his private life. But his experience I’d expect is valued in protecting Joe and knowing our scheme.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 01:16 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The Eagles move up to take Ringo.

Eagles have been so aggressive in going after the defensive players they want. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 01:05 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Not sure why Kansas City is booing Roger Goodell, their biggest ally. Better than any draft selection they could possibly make.

[Image: tradition-o.gif?resize=320%2C214&ssl=1]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Amazing how Philly just keeps getting Georgia players. Something to be said for continuity. That Defense is going to be really tough
Reply/Quote