Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***2023 NFL Draft Thread***
The Browns always take the massively overhyped prospect that falls and proceeds to do nothing. See Greedy Williams and Mack Wilson.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 12:46 PM)Stewy Wrote: I agree.  This is a nice list.   However, I don't think they'll double up on TE or WR, as they love these guys on ST and there just isn't MUCH room for two low draft TE/WR when they like the guys they already have on ST.  

Drafting 2 RB's this late I think would spell the end of Mixon for sure. Why?  Because I'm getting the building feeling that the Bengals are less interested in RB a a runner first thing.  I think they want a complete back in all three phases with a de-emphasis on the ground yards.  Why?  Because Perine showed them that even a backup can get yards with our line, and with him in on 3rd down it wasn't dead giveaway as to what we were going to do.  We don't need a runner to be a stud on the ground.  We need them to be a well rounded weapons in all three phases and perhaps you can get two of those on day 2.

Agreed, I doubt we take 2 of anything today. 

Pitt getting Wasington and the Browns taking Jones has me salty, though. Real salty. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 01:37 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Hate that Pitt got Washington and the Browns got Jones!!!! Why’d they have to go in the division

According to James Rapien, the Bengals had no intention of taking Washington. I'm guessing we're one of the teams who medically disqualified him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Love seeing teams’ fans/season ticket holders announce picks. Hate seeing these “influencers” announce them. Leave this for retired players/fans/make-a-wish kids/veterans.
I feel bad for anyone who is actually influenced by someone they saw on the internet.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 01:39 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: According to James Rapien, the Bengals had no intention of taking Washington. I'm guessing we're one of the teams who medically disqualified him.

That seemed to be clear once they were on the clock and traded the pick. If they wanted Washington they wouldn't have traded the pick to gain the last pick in the 6th round.
Reply/Quote
Im thinking the Bengals draft Tyler Scott if he is still there at #131
Reply/Quote
The 4th Rd . The same Rd that we grabbed Geno in if I remember correctly. I could see DB again here or maybe the DT and Geno clone out of BGSU.
Reply/Quote
Johnson gone

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Damn, there goes Johnson.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
1 round higher than I expected for Johnson. Going to be a really good 3rd down and short yardage back.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Dang...I was hoping for Roschon Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 01:38 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Pitt getting Wasington and the Browns taking Jones has me salty, though. Real salty. 

Fair enough but these guys dropped like stones for reasons.  Possible neither of them even sees the field because of their issues (injuries/weight).
Reply/Quote
Roschon Johnson was the RB that I wanted this round. Good pass protector and can push the pile to get those short yardage first downs.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 01:40 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I feel bad for anyone who is actually influenced by someone they saw on the internet.

I was going to agree with you, but then realized we are on the internet so I'm conflicted now.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 01:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: Johnson gone

Sorry to hear that JJ. You doing okay?   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 01:41 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: The 4th Rd . The same Rd that we grabbed Geno in if I remember correctly.  I could see DB again here or maybe the DT and Geno clone out of BGSU.

Brooks had 10 sacks but he played in the MAC.  I dont know if I would take him in the 4th, maybe look at him in the 5th
Reply/Quote
I think the staff is expecting T.Williams to break out this year, and he just might.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 01:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was going to agree with you, but then realized we are on the internet so I'm conflicted now.

Yeah and those of us, like yourself, who have been around a long time are REALLY difficult to influence.  Just look at the P&R - lol
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 01:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was going to agree with you, but then realized we are on the internet so I'm conflicted now.

The whole "influencer" thing seems odd to me.  These people straight up tell you they are trying to influence you and yet everyone is ok with it.
Reply/Quote