Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***2023 NFL Draft Thread***
(04-29-2023, 03:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At this point my #1 wish is Kuntz. But something tells me Noah Gindorff will be on the team; either later or in FA. Blocking TE who was a team Captian at Cordell's alma matre

I’m also feeling this possibility…

I also kinda like Purdue TE Payne Durham… I don’t see a bunch about him, not really flashy but should be a good late option.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:08 PM)Synric Wrote: I have to say the Boy Meets World fanfic sells me on this pick more than the combine.

Now that is a giant red flag.

I’m not even joking

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:04 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea...he's gonna have to work on that. 5 fumbles in 2022 is brutal.

I'm guessing he'll start the season as RB3.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Chase Brown is my favorite pick of the Draft. Great pick, best pass protector at RB in this Draft, 3rd in the Nation in rushing...

To get this guy in the 5th round is a major steal. Fast too, 4.43 forty and has great balance. This guy allows us to move on from
Mixon if we have to. So happy to get Chase Brown, made the Draft for me and I really like Charlie Jones as well with his great hands
and his reliability for the future without Boyd.Cool

Same, I think this is going to end up being the best pick of the draft.  I could see him also being the most important pick if he ends up starting for us at some point.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:09 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: McShay just said he’s a tremendous pass blocker

I've seen other evaluations point out his inconsistencies and struggles at times with it. Sounds like he's willing though which is what the Bengals coaches talked about wanting and I'm sure will try to coach up. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:11 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm guessing he'll start the season as RB3.

As long as we can keep Mixon away from handguns. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What is impressive is that between the Bengals pick in the 3rd and their pick in the 5th, there was only one RB taken. Thus, by not reaching in the 3rd, they basically had the entire field of RBs left in the 5th.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As long as we can keep Mixon away from handguns. 

And get Mixon to stop dancing behind the line and not miss the hole and to not go down on the first contact...
Reply/Quote
Back to Back running back picks? The value is there.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:09 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: McShay just said he’s a tremendous pass blocker

He is, he had the most pass blocking reps of any RB in this class and held his own as good as anybody.

(04-29-2023, 04:10 PM)Nepa Wrote: The assessment posted above stated: "inconsistent blocking reps on tape, either missing the blitzer or struggling to square and sustain."  Are we sure he is good in pass protection?

A few times he missed a blitzer, it happens when you have over 100 pass blocking snaps...

(04-29-2023, 04:10 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: But he carried a heavier load, too. He is 205-210 or thereabouts. He is shifty, but not lightweight back. 

IDK much about his pass catching. 

He is a good pass catcher too and yeah, can carry the load more so than say a little guy like Keaton Mitchell.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:13 PM)Synric Wrote: Back to Back running back picks? The value is there.

Feels like they could going off what Callahan said at the Chase Brown presser. I still wouldn't be surprised to see another defensive pick or two.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
Unlike taking a guy like Gibbs, who is smaller and probably cannot handle a weekly RB1 role in iur offense, Chase Brown could. He is not perfect.

But good speed, 3rd in nation in rushing, 2nd in forced missed tackles, and at least a willing guy in pass pro with decent hands. I can work with that. Still probably RB2/RB3 battle with Williams until the fumbles get sorted. But RB1 potential is there.
Reply/Quote
Another TE gone. Durham to Tampa. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:10 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: I’m also feeling this possibility…

I also kinda like Purdue TE Payne Durham… I don’t see a bunch about him, not really flashy but should be a good late option.

Also would love Durham, good blocker and pass catcher and has good production unlike a dude like Musgrave who was taken in the 2nd.

(04-29-2023, 04:11 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Same, I think this is going to end up being the best pick of the draft.  I could see him also being the most important pick if he ends up starting for us at some point.

I think so too, as others stated, the only concern with Chase Brown is the fumbles. He can work on this. But he is solid every where else.

This guy could be starting for us sooner rather than later. Him being a good pass protector makes him fit this team better than Mixon.
Reply/Quote
I live near Champaign, Il. This is going to be a fun guy to watch for me. Love the pick.
Reply/Quote
Brown is awesome value in the 5th and could easily outperform the majority of backs drafted ahead of him. This draft is shaping out really well for us. I know some are worried about TE but still time
To get one and Brate and Hunter Henry are most likely June cuts who would be good TE additions to our roster. I trust our front office.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:16 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Unlike taking a guy like Gibbs, who is smaller and probably cannot handle a weekly RB1 role in iur offense, Chase Brown could. He is not perfect.

But good speed, 3rd in nation in rushing, 2nd in forced missed tackles, and at least a willing guy in pass pro with decent hands.  I can work with that. Still probably RB2/RB3 battle with Williams until the fumbles get sorted. But RB1 potential is there.

I think the fumbles were a problem at times because he refuses to go down, he will learn from that in the NFL.

One thing about Mixon that I DO like is that he isn't a fumbler at all.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:19 PM)Justin1462 Wrote: Brown is awesome value in the 5th and could easily outperform the majority of backs drafted ahead of him. This draft is shaping out really well for us. I know some are worried about TE but still time
To get one and Brate and Hunter Henry are most likely June cuts who would be good TE additions to our roster. I trust our front office.

That last sentence…what a long way they’ve come, man. Love to see it.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:18 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Another TE gone. Durham to Tampa. 

Damn. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 04:12 PM)TheFan Wrote: I've seen other evaluations point out his inconsistencies and struggles at times with it. Sounds like he's willing though which is what the Bengals coaches talked about wanting and I'm sure will try to coach up. 

Well they needed a Perine replacement so I’d bet they scrutinized his pass pro extensively
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote