Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2023 Schedule is strong - our key free agents to focus on the rest of the season
(12-09-2022, 10:40 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd be shocked if they get Bates back. Sample, ummm unless they can sign him pretty cheap I doubt they bring him back. I'd say they'll try and sign Hurst back and draft a TE on the 2nd day.

Perine I hope they can resign at decent price ? If they can get Apple back without breaking the bank, do it.

Regarding Bates: He is not playing like a 18M/yr safety so it maybe plausible that he comes down to earth and accepts a deal that matches his production...
I cant see anyone forking out top Safety $ for him at this stage....unless he has a splash ending to season and into playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 10:41 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Free money Waynes still getting his.

He thanks the Bengals as he begins building a big new house on the lot adjacent to mine!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Out of all the FAs, Bell and Pratt should be the priority, IMO.
However, I do think there are sufficient replacements if either departs, so people shouldn't be overly hurt if either walks...assuming Bengals don't get a replacement that is a downgrade.
Hurst is solid, but I'm also not hard-pressed to re-sign him. I think an adequate replacement can be found on Day 1 or Day 2 of the draft, and/or in FA.
All the other guys are depth guys or ST and should be able to be (relatively) easy to find replacements if any of them get deals that are over their valuation from the Bengals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Bates is as good as gone.. you know the guy is pissed the Bengals tagged him. Still think it's affecting his play this year.

The 2023 draft is going to be really interesting.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
It will definitely be interesting. I personally hope bell, Pratt & hurst are back (assuming bates will not be) but it will come down to how much money those players can get (or will settle for)in FA. I don’t see bengals spending crazy money to keep those three and they might find a team willing to pay up for one of these guys. And if they loose one, they always have the draft to help replace a player.

And will be curious about boyd and mixon with their current contracts.

Things are bright for the bengals (now & future). Will be interesting over next year or 2 to see who they pay
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 01:31 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Bates is as good as gone.. you know the guy is pissed the Bengals tagged him.  Still think it's affecting his play this year.

The 2023 draft is going to be really interesting.

I think it should be mainly defense focused. There are a ton of (good) defensive pieces that are up after this season and next. 

Chido
Reader 
Bates
Bell 
Pratt
Apple 
Hendrickson
Wilson
Akeem Davis

Not to mention some key offensive pieces:

Jonah Williams 
Boyd 
Higgins 

I mean that is pretty wild. 9 of our 11 starters on defense are up. There is going to be some serious roster turnover. We better hope some of our draft picks hit. Going to be fascinating to see how the FO navigates the next couple of years. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
This is the biggest thing that worries me about this team. I think that as currently constructed, they have the talent to be perennial Super Bowl contenders. But how well will they do at holding it all together? Most of the meaningful parts of the team will be off contract in the next 16 months. We have to keep 75% of them and strategically replace the other 25%. For the first time, I actually have faith in the Bengals front office. They’ll pull it off.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 11:51 AM)PhilHos Wrote: And don't forget the Ravens twice next year, too. Ninja

LOL, I cant stand the Browns...

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 04:39 PM)bk42 Wrote: It will definitely be interesting. I personally hope bell, Pratt & hurst are back (assuming bates will not be) but it will come down to how much money those players can get (or will settle for)in FA.  I don’t see bengals spending crazy money to keep those three and they might find a team willing to pay up for one of these guys.  And if they loose one, they always have the draft to help replace a player.  

And will be curious about boyd and mixon with their current contracts.  

Things are bright for the bengals (now & future).  Will be interesting over next year or 2 to see who they pay

Boyd may be considered a discount today.  He is expecting $17M on his next contract (before the Chiefs game).

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 04:55 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think it should be mainly defense focused. There are a ton of (good) defensive pieces that are up after this season and next. 

Chido
Reader 
Bates
Bell 
Pratt
Apple 
Hendrickson
Wilson
Akeem Davis

Not to mention some key offensive pieces:

Jonah Williams 
Boyd 
Higgins 

I mean that is pretty wild. 9 of our 11 starters on defense are up. There is going to be some serious roster turnover. We better hope some of our draft picks hit. Going to be fascinating to see how the FO navigates the next couple of years. 

I'm of the impression we are going to HAVE to replace Trey, Chido, Boyd And Bates. Even if Burrow, Higgins and Chase take team friendly deals. We have so much money invested in our D FA that we could only keep them due to the outstanding play of our rookie deal players.

Luckily this years draft may help in supplanting 2-3 of those losses. And last year gave us Dax so if we hit, we may keep that window open much longer than expected.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 09:34 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: I'm of the impression we are going to HAVE to replace Trey, Chido, Boyd And Bates. Even if Burrow, Higgins and Chase take team friendly deals. We have so much money invested in our D FA that we could only keep them due to the outstanding play of our rookie deal players.

Luckily this years draft may help in supplanting 2-3 of those losses. And last year gave us Dax so if we hit, we may keep that window open much longer than expected.

We need a young, controllable corner to pair with CTB.  We also need to continue to build the depth on the d-line.  Draft those positions in 1 and 2 next year and see how it shakes out.  I think they need to keep Hendrickson.  He's a game -wrecker and IMO the key to the entire defense. I think Hilton is a huge factor as well. They seem to feed off of his energy and relentlessness. They'll lose guys, but some guys need to stay to maintain the current culture.
Reply/Quote
We need to draft a wr within the 1st 3 rounds. It's not a huge need, but if we lose Tee...it is.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 05:55 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This is the biggest thing that worries me about this team. I think that as currently constructed, they have the talent to be perennial Super Bowl contenders. But how well will they do at holding it all together? Most of the meaningful parts of the team will be off contract in the next 16 months. We have to keep 75% of them and strategically replace the other 25%. For the first time, I actually have faith in the Bengals front office. They’ll pull it off.

It's going to be tough when Burrow, Boyd, and Hoggins are making 100 mill combined.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 01:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's going to be tough when Burrow, Boyd, and Hoggins are making 100 mill combined.

That will be the question. Does Burrow take team friendly deals (ala TB12 and the Pats) to keep the Bengals and the SB window open as long as possible or go for a Maholmes deal?

I've leaned towards the Brady method but I wouldn't fault him to go for the high contract.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 10:23 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: That will be the question. Does Burrow take team friendly deals (ala TB12 and the Pats) to keep the Bengals and the SB window open as long as possible or go for a Maholmes deal?

I've leaned towards the Brady method but I wouldn't fault him to go for the high contract.

That's where I am with it.  I'd like to see him take a Brady approach, but I don't fault him if he cashes in.  

I think Joe is driven more by winning than money.  He's hardly maximizing his endorsement potential.  I feel like he'll do what he can within reason to keep guys like Ja'marr and Tee on the roster.  it's not his responsibility, but it helps him reach his ultimate goal.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 10:59 AM)samhain Wrote: That's where I am with it.  I'd like to see him take a Brady approach, but I don't fault him if he cashes in.  

I think Joe is driven more by winning than money.  He's hardly maximizing his endorsement potential.  I feel like he'll do what he can within reason to keep guys like Ja'marr and Tee on the roster.  it's not his responsibility, but it helps him reach his ultimate goal.

Agreed. Thats why I made a poll asking peoples opinion on the topic.
Reply/Quote
The last couple of games have probably taken Perine away from us. Someone is gonna pay him to be their bell cow. He or Mixon is as good as gone. I'm glad Samaje is gonna get paid, but I sure would like to keep him
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 01:18 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We need to draft a wr within the 1st 3 rounds. It's not a huge need, but if we lose Tee...it is.

Not this year, really. Higgins is signed through next year. The Bengals have shown an ability to draft good WRs in rd2 (see: Higgins, most recently), so they can wait till the '24 draft to find his replacement...if he's gone. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 01:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's going to be tough when Burrow, Boyd, and Hoggins are making 100 mill combined.

Come on now. He hasn't asked for a mint yet.  Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 01:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The last couple of games have probably taken Perine away from us. Someone is gonna pay him to be their bell cow. He or Mixon is as good as gone. I'm glad Samaje is gonna get paid, but I sure would like to keep him

Bengals fans are legendary for overestimating their own talent. Perine has filled in great the last couple weeks and he's had a couple flashes in his Bengals career but i can't think of anyone that will sign a 28 yr old RB big money to be their bell cow. 

Reply/Quote