Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2023 Schedule
(05-11-2023, 10:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s New York market and Rodgers. Don’t you think?

I know that, but one would think the bengals would get at least the same amount of primetime night games as the jets. 

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2023, 10:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I know that, but one would think the bengals would get at least the same amount of primetime night games as the jets. 

It’s all numbers. Not saying I’m not surprised but mostly about SNF. Rodgers is Rodgers and NYC is NYC. All the Bengals TV games are vs huge TV markets teams or top teams .Are they not?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2023, 09:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Everyone gets the Thursday game. 

I think that changed this year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2023, 06:55 PM)packerbacker Wrote: When do we play you guys again?

Bengals vs Packers is the first game of the season (preseason week 1)

I know that’s a meaningless game but still a possible first look at Jordan Love as the GB starter.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2023, 09:42 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Tough schedule. Starting with the Browns and Ravens is rough.
I'd have rather started with the Cheifs.

Definitely a lack of primetime games. This makes me consider getting the Youtube deal.
We had a lot more primetime games last year.

Making Bills primetime but not KC is questionable.
KC will definitely be a great game. We may blow the Bills out again.

9ers Bengals would have been a great primetime game as well.
That'll be a tough game.

If we are going to face Watson perhaps best early on as he continues to get his footing back after 2 years off. Ravens have a lot of young receiving talent. Can't argue it might be best to face them later on the off chance Lamar gets hurt, but then again he missed the back half of last year so he as well is getting his footing back on the field. Also we could always hope for fat cat syndrome where he stops trying to perform his best now that he's gotten his money.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2023, 11:15 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: If we are going to face Watson perhaps best early on as he continues to get his footing back after 2 years off. Ravens have a lot of young receiving talent. Can't argue it might be best to face them later on the off chance Lamar gets hurt, but then again he missed the back half of last year so he as well is getting his footing back on the field. Also we could always hope for fat cat syndrome where he stops trying to perform his best now that he's gotten his money.

Good point on Watson. It'd be nice to play the Ravens later in the season.

Browns/Ravens both present tough defensive matchups. Hopefully the offensive side of the Raven's/Brown's game is more dysfunctional.

I was just noticing we don't play the Jets. That probably would have been a primetime game. Could be a good matchup in the playoffs.

I think we'll still see a lot of Bengals games with a wider national broadcast window because of the great matchups.
Reply/Quote
I see the Bengals play a Thursday night game against the Ravens. I hate these games are only on Amazon Prime. I think a local station might pick them up for us that week. However, the other weeks are frustrating since I don't want to pay for it. You'd think the NFL channel would show the game live or something instead of the replay.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Do the free trial before the game.
Reply/Quote
I know it is PreSeason and many starters won't play, but the 2nd, 3rd week of PreSeason and the 1st week of the season are all on the road.
Too much traveling.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2023, 02:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Stoolers game was at 4 (or 4:25), but I know what you meant :)

It got flexed because everyone knows the steelers suck ass.  
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2023, 06:01 PM)Ravage Wrote: If week 2 is right, that'll be interesting. Oktoberfest Zinzinnati's last day is 9/17 and doesn't wrap up until 7pm. How the logistics would work out with chunks of 2nd and 3rd shut down, I don't know. But...maybe?

I remember the Bengals playing (and beating) the Ricky Williams-led Dolphins in a Sunday Night Primetime game.  Oktoberfest was still going on that day so the crowd was very well "lubricated".  I remember thinking that was the craziest crowd game I have ever seen for the Bengals.  
Reply/Quote
Even the Packers got 6 stand alone games....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2023, 10:29 PM)pally Wrote:

Like that the Mayor kind of took a shot at himself.  That BS last year was cringe-worthy.  
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 12:35 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I see the Bengals play a Thursday night game against the Ravens. I hate these games are only on Amazon Prime. I think a local station might pick them up for us that week. However, the other weeks are frustrating since I don't want to pay for it. You'd think the NFL channel would show the game live or something instead of the replay.

I didn't realize there were still people who didn't have Amazon Prime, I thought it was federally mandated. That's what my wife told me, anyway. I'm sure you have a family member or friend who would share their login with you as a one-time thing. 
Reply/Quote
You do not have to have Prime to get Prime Video. Prime Video u
Is available as a stand alone service for $8.99 per month. Also Prime has 30 day no obligation free trial so you can get it for a month and then cancel before the check comes due

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 10:37 AM)jj22 Wrote: Even the Packers got 6 stand alone games....
We have 7 stand alone games with the potential of an 8th. 4 Primetime and 3 late afternoon national games. Plus the Minnesota game has no date or time assigned yet

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 11:30 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: I didn't realize there were still people who didn't have Amazon Prime, I thought it was federally mandated. That's what my wife told me, anyway. I'm sure you have a family member or friend who would share their login with you as a one-time thing. 

If there are still people who do not have Prime, they simply either never get anything delivered and enjoy driving to the store to stand in line to check out, or they simply can't add.  Wink
Reply/Quote
I must say, the Bengals' schedule release video is pretty lackluster.
It's on the homepage of the mother ship, for anyone interested to see it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 12:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I must say, the Bengals' schedule release video is pretty lackluster.
It's on the homepage of the mother ship, for anyone interested to see it.

Agreed - I think it was supposed to be apps but it was kind of a mess
I think the Titans had a good one…
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/watch-titans-take-to-streets-of-nashville-for-help-with-2023-schedule-reveal-and-it-goes-hilariously-poorly/
Reply/Quote