0 0%
OTHER
3.23%
3 3.23%
Total 93 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 1st Round Draft Pick (Board Selection)
(04-17-2024, 05:55 AM)wanga Wrote: Murphy hands down for me. Love the read on this guy and should stiffen our line up immediately.
Thomas next, and my God Mims is a behemoth but raw is he not?

Murphy plays mean, just a physical specimen that loves to punish the RB and the QB. I want him on my side lol

Mims doesn't play raw, his problem has been injuries and lack of snaps, but on the field he looks fantastic in the limited film.
Reply/Quote
Probably won’t be there (Brian Thomas) but conversation with a former Big 8 DC (today) that’s seen the Bengals 25 times in person the last 5 years and in the building countless times was interesting. He’s heard nothing BTW but he said if Thomas was there he’d pick him. He said he’s insurance in case Higgins leaves. But he said that between Gesicki and Chase between them they could take a lot of snaps in the slot. He said Thomas & Higgins as WR and Chase & Gesicki would sure eliminate a lot of double teams. He said with Chase Brown’s speed who they gonna stop?
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2024/04/17/brian-thomas-jr-lsu-receiver-may-be-cincinnati-bengals-nfl-draft-first-round-target-18th-pick/73352179007/
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 04:43 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Probably won’t be there (Brian Thomas) but conversation with a former Big 8 DC (today) that’s seen the Bengals 25 times in person the last 5 years and in the building countless times was interesting. He’s heard nothing BTW but he said if Thomas was there he’d pick him. He said he’s insurance in case Higgins leaves. But he said that between Gesicki and Chase between them they could take a lot of snaps in the slot. He said Thomas & Higgins as WR and Chase & Gesicki would sure eliminate a lot of double teams. He said with Chase Brown’s speed who they gonna stop?

Sure would be good on weapons and Brian Thomas Jr would be good insurance for when Tee leaves. In the end we still need a Tackle to step 
in for Trent Brown with his injury history. If we did draft Brian Thomas Jr at 18 it would open up the possibility of trading Tee as well for an early
2nd round pick where we could grab a Tackle, wouldn't mind your guy Guyton in the early 2nd, just not at 18.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 05:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure would be good on weapons and Brian Thomas Jr would be good insurance for when Tee leaves. In the end we still need a Tackle to step 
in for Trent Brown with his injury history. If we did draft Brian Thomas Jr at 18 it would open up the possibility of trading Tee as well for an early
2nd round pick where we could grab a Tackle, wouldn't mind your guy Guyton in the early 2nd, just not at 18.

I think he goes first round. Too much athleticism and ceiling. Best in the draft at all positions possibly from an upside. But I wouldn’t take him at 18. But now that we have Brown I feel more inclined. I want Brian Thomas. Leaning away from Arnold at CB based on discussions nothing from the Bengals. But make no mistake they won’t pass up anybody that falls to them despite the position if it’s a steal.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 05:57 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think he goes first round. Too much athleticism and ceiling. Best in the draft at all positions possibly from an upside. But I wouldn’t take him at 18. But now that we have Brown I feel more inclined. I want Brian Thomas. Leaning away from Arnold at CB based on discussions nothing from the Bengals. But make no mistake they won’t pass up anybody that falls to them despite the position if it’s a steal.

Probably right, I think Mims has just as much upside as Guyton though. Yes, expect them to go BPA all the way at 18.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 06:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Probably right, I think Mims has just as much upside as Guyton though. Yes, expect them to go BPA all the way at 18.

Mims is better all the way around.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 06:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Probably right, I think Mims has just as much upside as Guyton though. Yes, expect them to go BPA all the way at 18.

On Thomas:
The most reputable draft sources, such as ESPN's Mel Kiper and NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah, believe Thomas will fall into the mid-to-late 20s. Kiper has the LSU wideout going to the Buffalo Bills at No. 28 and Jeremiah has the Arizona Cardinals selecting him at No. 23.

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 06:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Probably right, I think Mims has just as much upside as Guyton though. Yes, expect them to go BPA all the way at 18.

Mims has more upside than any T in this class not named Alt.  It's busy that he's the highest risk of the top dozen or so T prospects.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2024, 10:45 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: On Thomas:
The most reputable draft sources, such as ESPN's Mel Kiper and NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah, believe Thomas will fall into the mid-to-late 20s. Kiper has the LSU wideout going to the Buffalo Bills at No. 28 and Jeremiah has the Arizona Cardinals selecting him at No. 23.

Interesting, I have been seeing Thomas being taken ahead of us a lot lately.

(04-19-2024, 12:18 AM)Whatever Wrote: Mims has more upside than any T in this class not named Alt.  It's busy that he's the highest risk of the top dozen or so T prospects.  

Completely agree, his balance, size and athleticism are like no other OL I have seen in a long time.
Reply/Quote