Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 1st round pick is...
I must emphasize I favor they pick an OL or DL in round 1, but I'm sticking with WR being the likely outcome.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Given the strength of the class, Tee and Boyd being UFA's, and where they will likely pick, WR seems the likely bet, though they could go RT if they can't resign Jonah or get a replacement.

Hard to see them going defense after going that direction in the 1st the last two years and with only one starter's contract expiring.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: Given the strength of the class, Tee and Boyd being UFA's, and where they will likely pick, WR seems the likely bet, though they could go RT if they can't resign Jonah or get a replacement.

Hard to see them going defense after going that direction in the 1st the last two years and with only one starter's contract expiring.

Keon Coleman, Rome Odunze, and Xavier Legette would be my top choices to replace Tee if they trade him.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Let's get ready for that middle-of-round pick now with the Burrow news.
I'm feeling right around that 12-16 range.

Should be some good OTs and WRs at that spot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Big RT #75

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Big Fuaga fan
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 12:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Big Fuaga fan

I kept my eye on him and Fautanu last night.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 12:25 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Big Fuaga fan

I wanted to post those clips because they are DUO runs which is the Bengals bread and butter and both the typical responsibilities in that run for the RT. Oregon State actually runs alot of wide zone stretch so we get to see the big boy cross the face of 4i and 3Ts and climb to the second level alot. Really nimble for his size reminds me of Steve Avila from last year.

(11-19-2023, 12:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I kept my eye on him and Fautanu last night.

Fuaga had the Bralen Trice matchup last night a good bit. I don't think he gave up a single pressure to him. Trice got a sack on an twist to the inside Fuaga seen it instantly and picked up the crashing DT with ease. 

Reply/Quote

Cincinnati Bearcats and Dontay Corleone had a rough day... 400+ rushing yards from WVU.

Reply/Quote
Well we know our 2024 first round pick is going to come sooner than any of us were expecting. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I'd prefer an OL or DL, but still think Duke grabs a WR.

I think it's Keon Coleman from FSU. Some mocks are making the same prediction: https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/2024-nfl-mock-draft-chicago-bears-caleb-williams-new-england-patriots-drake-maye-week-16
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 02:45 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'd prefer an OL or DL, but still think Duke grabs a WR.

I think it's Keon Coleman from FSU. Some mocks are making the same prediction: https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/2024-nfl-mock-draft-chicago-bears-caleb-williams-new-england-patriots-drake-maye-week-16

I REALLY hope not.    OL or DL.   Sign Reader and Higgins.  
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 02:45 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'd prefer an OL or DL, but still think Duke grabs a WR.

I think it will be OT or WR in the 1st.  The likely suspects for me would be...

WR

Odunze
Coleman

Latham 
Fuaga

Sleepers
Brian Thomas Jr., WR LSU
Tyler Guyton, T, Oklahoma 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 03:28 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think it will be OT or WR in the 1st.  The likely suspects for me would be...

WR

Odunze
Coleman

Latham 
Fuaga

Sleepers
Brian Thomas Jr., WR LSU

It's just impossible to guess teams needs at the moment because we are talking about 3 starters leaving in free agency with no real plan to replace them plus weird position groups like the RBs and TEs. Even tagging Tee is a temporary solution.

Free Agency is going to be as important as the draft this off-season. 

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 03:23 PM)3wt Wrote: I REALLY hope not.    OL or DL.   Sign Reader and Higgins.  

I think we should just select the best OT/DL avaliable with our 1st round pick. D.J. Reader's aging, and he is entering free agency and might be tough to bring back given his recent injury. Also Jonah might leave in free agency so we need to draft an OT early. 
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 03:28 PM)Whatever Wrote: I think it will be OT or WR in the 1st.  The likely suspects for me would be...

WR

Odunze
Coleman

Latham 
Fuaga

Sleepers
Brian Thomas Jr., WR LSU

Agree with your thoughts, but NT should also be a thought with the Reader injury and him being a FA.

Newton or Sweat also need to be on our minds IMO.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 04:31 PM)Synric Wrote: It's just impossible to guess teams needs at the moment because we are talking about 3 starters leaving in free agency with no real plan to replace them plus weird position groups like the RBs and TEs. Even tagging Tee is a temporary solution.

Free Agency is going to be as important as the draft this off-season. 

FA will be very important, no doubt.

Our four big pending FA's are Higgins, Boyd, Williams, and Reader.  I see no way Higgins agrees to a long term deal here, at least not before the FT deadline.  At best, he'll be on a one year rental deal with the FT.  So we're going to need an outside WR.  Boyd might resign, though we won't know til it happens.  Williams is looking to be the top OT in a weak FA T class.  I don't see how we can resign him, as some team will likely overpay big time for him.  Reader unfortunately can't be counted on, regardless of if he's resigned or not, due to his injury.

TE and RB are needs on paper, but there won't likely be one of either worth our pick.  NT is also a need if it doesn't get filled in FA, but unless Sweat leaps up draft boards, he won't be worth our 1st, either.  Plus all three are less expensive to fill in FA than WR and OT.  And, it's also a strong draft class at the top for WR's and T's.  
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2023, 06:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with your thoughts, but NT should also be a thought with the Reader injury and him being a FA.

Newton or Sweat also need to be on our minds IMO.

Newton is a 3 tech who's on the light side of the scale.  Sweat is currently the consensus #50 overall prospect and would be a huge reach in the mid-teens.  While I agree NT is looking like a need going into FA, there just isn't one worth our 1st.  
Reply/Quote
For me, it's trenches first. I may be one of the few who would be fine letting Jonah walk and rerolling the dice at RT. Jonah has proven he can't handle the elite AFCN pass rushers with any kind of consistency and I'm just ready to move on at this point. I'm sure he is as well! Best of luck to the big fella, stay outta the AFCN! If the FA OT class is lacking, sign a serviceable vet just in case and take your chances in the draft. I know I know, I hate drafting for need and would prefer we take the BOA on our board too..but if a good OT is there and isn't a reach, you gotta take him right?! Will there be any available there worth the AT MINIMUM right now, mid-first pick?

We desperately need IDL. We all know why, even with the Reader injury and contract status, we're gonna have to find his heir apparent at some point anyway. The guys Nate listed sound like great second round or later guys. Are there any IDL worth the current pick we have? Just like RT, I'm looking at Free Agency to sign a vet if the right one is there. Preferably a younger one that we can keep for a few years that can make a Reader-like impact.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 01:47 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: For me, it's trenches first. I may be one of the few who would be fine letting Jonah walk and rerolling the dice at RT. Jonah has proven he can't handle the elite AFCN pass rushers with any kind of consistency and I'm just ready to move on at this point. I'm sure he is as well! Best of luck to the big fella, stay outta the AFCN! If the FA OT class is lacking, sign a serviceable vet just in case and take your chances in the draft. I know I know, I hate drafting for need and would prefer we take the BOA on our board too..but if a good OT is there and isn't a reach, you gotta take him right?! Will there be any available there worth the AT MINIMUM right now, mid-first pick?

We desperately need IDL. We all know why, even with the Reader injury and contract status, we're gonna have to find his heir apparent at some point anyway. The guys Nate listed sound like great second round or later guys. Are there any IDL worth the current pick we have? Just like RT, I'm looking at Free Agency to sign a vet if the right one is there. Preferably a younger one that we can keep for a few years that can make a Reader-like impact.

A: nobody can handle the elite pass rushers. It is what is is. No tackle is on islands anymore. Jonah has had a damn good year and I would resign him. And no, top 3 tackles will be gone top 10, and then there is major drop off. IDL I have been saying since before season started was biggest need and it still is. Zerhan Newton out of Illinois is pretty unanimous dt1, and would be a dream pick if he makes it to late teens. If not sweat 360 lb NT out of Texas with some pass rush juice would be a great get rd2 if he makes it.
Reply/Quote