Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 1st round pick is...
(12-26-2023, 06:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: Newton is a 3 tech who's on the light side of the scale.  Sweat is currently the consensus #50 overall prospect and would be a huge reach in the mid-teens.  While I agree NT is looking like a need going into FA, there just isn't one worth our 1st.  

Yeah, we need a 3-tech too which is why I listed Newton, and I don't think he will be where we draft in the first anyways.

Maybe trade back in grab Sweat in the 2nd round? He might not make it to our 2nd round pick either.

(12-27-2023, 01:47 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: For me, it's trenches first. I may be one of the few who would be fine letting Jonah walk and rerolling the dice at RT. Jonah has proven he can't handle the elite AFCN pass rushers with any kind of consistency and I'm just ready to move on at this point. I'm sure he is as well! Best of luck to the big fella, stay outta the AFCN! If the FA OT class is lacking, sign a serviceable vet just in case and take your chances in the draft. I know I know, I hate drafting for need and would prefer we take the BOA on our board too..but if a good OT is there and isn't a reach, you gotta take him right?! Will there be any available there worth the AT MINIMUM right now, mid-first pick?

We desperately need IDL. We all know why, even with the Reader injury and contract status, we're gonna have to find his heir apparent at some point anyway. The guys Nate listed sound like great second round or later guys. Are there any IDL worth the current pick we have? Just like RT, I'm looking at Free Agency to sign a vet if the right one is there. Preferably a younger one that we can keep for a few years that can make a Reader-like impact.

Eluemunor would be a nice grab for us in FA. He is playing much better than Jonah from what I have seen.

I like Fuaga in the 1st, but he might not make it to our pick. We might be picking in the 20's again, we will see.

Spot on about needing a Reader replacement even if he comes back 100% we need one. Tupou is definitely not the answer and while I 
like Tufele and BJ Hill, they are more hybrid DT's than pure NT's. I want Sweat in the 2nd round ideally, Stackhouse is another option in 
the 2nd or 3rd.

(12-27-2023, 03:29 AM)Jpoore Wrote: A: nobody can handle the elite pass rushers. It is what is is. No tackle is on islands anymore. Jonah has had a damn good year and I would resign him. And no, top 3 tackles will be gone top 10, and then there is major drop off. IDL I have been saying since before season started was biggest need and it still is. Zerhan Newton out of Illinois is pretty unanimous dt1, and would be a dream pick if he makes it to late teens. If not sweat 360 lb NT out of Texas with some pass rush juice would be a great get rd2 if he makes it.

Worst year of his career according to the grades and was just completely abused by Twatt. I would move on from this guy, he is falling off.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 03:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, we need a 3-tech too which is why I listed Newton, and I don't think he will be where we draft in the first anyways.

Maybe trade back in grab Sweat in the 2nd round? He might not make it to our 2nd round pick either.

Eluemunor would be a nice grab for us in FA. He is playing much better than Jonah from what I have seen.

I like Fuaga in the 1st, but he might not make it to our pick. We might be picking in the 20's again, we will see.

Spot on about needing a Reader replacement even if he comes back 100% we need one. Tupou is definitely not the answer and while I 
like Tufele and BJ Hill, they are more hybrid DT's than pure NT's. I want Sweat in the 2nd round ideally, Stackhouse is another option in 
the 2nd or 3rd.

Worst year of his career according to the grades and was just completely abused by Twatt. I would move on from this guy, he is falling off.
See I don’t see that at all… and unless we get one of the top 3 tackles, we’re not getting anyone better. With the oline already a major question mark, do you want to guess on replacing you’re okay right tackle?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 09:44 PM)Jpoore Wrote: See I don’t see that at all… and unless we get one of the top 3 tackles, we’re not getting anyone better. With the oline already a major question mark, do you want to guess on replacing you’re okay right tackle?
Do you really think Jonah is worth the money he will probably get in FA? I don't think his play warrants the pay. He improved a bit this year in pressures allowed but he's still not that good. I wouldn't imagine he would take a lower offer than what he would no doubt be seeking and the Bengals would be stupid, in my opinion, to tie up 12+ million (minimum, I think he gets more from someone, hopefully not us) per year for the next 2-3 when the guy is clearly is not the answer. Rip the band-aid off and go back to the drawing board. Draft a kid who hasn't developed bad habits or been ruined by subpar coaching (lookin' at you Mr. Pollack).
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 10:15 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Do you really think Jonah is worth the money he will probably get in FA? I don't think his play warrants the pay. He improved a bit this year in pressures allowed but he's still not that good. I wouldn't imagine he would take a lower offer than what he would no doubt be seeking and the Bengals would be stupid, in my opinion, to tie up 12+ million (minimum, I think he gets more from someone, hopefully not us) per year for the next 2-3 when the guy is clearly is not the answer. Rip the band-aid off and go back to the drawing board. Draft a kid who hasn't developed bad habits or been ruined by subpar coaching (lookin' at you Mr. Pollack).

i dont think we should draft any OL until we find an actual OL coach
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 09:44 PM)Jpoore Wrote: See I don’t see that at all… and unless we get one of the top 3 tackles, we’re not getting anyone better. With the oline already a major question mark, do you want to guess on replacing  you’re okay right tackle?

And Jonah isn't getting any better, he has been getting consistently worse every year the last 3.

Eluemunor would be an upgrade over Jonah.

(12-27-2023, 10:15 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Do you really think Jonah is worth the money he will probably get in FA? I don't think his play warrants the pay. He improved a bit this year in pressures allowed but he's still not that good. I wouldn't imagine he would take a lower offer than what he would no doubt be seeking and the Bengals would be stupid, in my opinion, to tie up 12+ million (minimum, I think he gets more from someone, hopefully not us) per year for the next 2-3 when the guy is clearly is not the answer. Rip the band-aid off and go back to the drawing board. Draft a kid who hasn't developed bad habits or been ruined by subpar coaching (lookin' at you Mr. Pollack).

Completely agree. I want a RT that can improve. Jonah is just getting worse and that is because of his body type, short arms, no anchor
and must be because of coaching as well.

(12-28-2023, 09:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i dont think we should draft any OL until we find an actual OL coach

As nice as it has been to see Volson and Karras really improve as the season has gone on, I agree, we need a new OL coach who can pick 
them and develop them.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 10:15 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Do you really think Jonah is worth the money he will probably get in FA? I don't think his play warrants the pay. He improved a bit this year in pressures allowed but he's still not that good. I wouldn't imagine he would take a lower offer than what he would no doubt be seeking and the Bengals would be stupid, in my opinion, to tie up 12+ million (minimum, I think he gets more from someone, hopefully not us) per year for the next 2-3 when the guy is clearly is not the answer. Rip the band-aid off and go back to the drawing board. Draft a kid who hasn't developed bad habits or been ruined by subpar coaching (lookin' at you Mr. Pollack).
We’ll A: he’s gonna get 20 million. B: you really got 1 option for rt in free agency.. Eluminor. Or Tyron smith but he’s never played rt. If you swing and miss you’re left with nobody. That’s the worry.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 03:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And Jonah isn't getting any better, he has been getting consistently worse every year the last 3.

Eluemunor would be an upgrade over Jonah.

Completely agree. I want a RT that can improve. Jonah is just getting worse and that is because of his body type, short arms, no anchor
and must be because of coaching as well.

As nice as it has been to see Volson and Karras really improve as the season has gone on, I agree, we need a new OL coach who can pick 
them and develop them.

Eleumenor is the only quality rt on market. If we swing and miss? We’re really in a jam. If you could guarantee me him sign me up.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 06:15 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Eleumenor is the only quality rt on market. If we swing and miss? We’re really in a jam. If you could guarantee me him sign me up.
I know it might not be a popular mention, since we've struck out doing this before, but are there any FA right guards with tackle-measureables / played RT even in spot duty at a high level?

Sure sucks we took Jackson Charmin, what a waste of a draft pick.
Reply/Quote