Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prince carted off
(08-18-2022, 05:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks banking on players getting released during cuts must understand something we've never experienced before:

We are 31st in Waiver Wire priority. We need to send out feelers to teams that are thinking of cutting and offer up a little something.

That's a good point. I might not remember but have we ever made a substantial pick up from cut downs? In recent years anyway. I was thinking after the first preseason game that our depth on the dline looked good. Particularly at DE. I think we have 6 and Carter could play some end as well. I wonder if we could work a trade there to pickup a serviceable olineman.

I also like our depth in the secondary just not sure I'd want to trade any of those guys. Hopefully one of the guys not likely to make the team can standout the next game or 2 and add some value. 
Reply/Quote
If Chaz Green is cut from the Steelers, he can play T/G and had two years with Pollack in Dallas. I don't know if he is worth a pick, but I'd look at him and Mason Rudolph. Unlikely they trade with us, but not getting a player under 4 years because of waivers. At least the older players are fair game. I mentioned the Pats, others mentioned the Jets, someone will take a 7th rather than cut a vet.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 07:00 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Yes 100%, these players are playing in the pre-season already and apart of training camp. We also aren't in the market for a C, which is the hardest position on the line to learn because of all the protections to call. But regardless of that, a back-up tackle(what Prince is) won't be playing in week one anyways. 

Hopefully, unless there's an injury to Collins the week before or during the game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 06:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: How long are you willing to give him?

If the OL is still bad by the end of this season ill start to give him some blame.  

Cigar
Reply/Quote
It may be tough finding a great OL after cuts, but waiver only impacts players with 3 year or less experience I think. Some vets do not go through the waiver process and are free agents after they are cut,
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Prince is week to week with a bicep injury

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote