Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Election Issues for the middle class
(06-13-2023, 01:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Then you’re told you’re voting against your own self-interest. I’ve been told that many a time.

Methinks poor people realize the government isn't going to save their sorry asses, so they just vote on cultural stuff depending on what tickles their pickle on that front.  The idea of voting blue and getting a stronger union or voting red and getting good paying jobs has gone the way of the dodo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2023, 11:03 AM)pally Wrote: As a woman, I take precautions every day.  I watch where I park, where I walk.  I lock my doors and avoid certain areas after dark.  I avoid being isolated. I guard my drinks when out in a public restaurant or bar.  

Just because in most cases the fear is overblown doesn't mean that I think common sense shouldn't prevail in all cases

Before my daughter left for UPenn last year I had to give her the "Party Drink Ettiqute" talk. Do not let others bring you a drink. Do not set your drink down. Do not causually walk around with your drink down around your waist if it doesnt have a lid. Hold it up and to the middle of you chest while walking around.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2023, 01:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The carnival thing was a joke about "guess my wealth" in a "guess my weight" sort of manner. 

Ya, I get it.
Reply/Quote