Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD***
Bills hearts are broken
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Seeing FO game plan knowing 5 to 6 solid OTs signing Brown to one year put them in position to take a rookie ot tackle who tend to struggle 1st year as starter and allow them to gain experience and ease into position, plus expectations next year we should be drafting 25 and later smart move to grab OT now
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Dude is a monster..................

[Image: ME-COMP-AMARIUS-MIMS.jpg?w=1280&quality=44]
Those are some old looking 4th graders..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:07 PM)Nepa Wrote: Pretty big "if" there, Brad.

I'm hoping that either Pollack surprises us all or that he gets replaced before he can ruin Mims completely..........
Reply/Quote
Mims will be fine. He is the successor at RT and could even be the RT before the end of the season. Last season Murphy was in a lot more as the season went on and looked pretty good.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:52 PM)Synric Wrote: I want everyone to put this in perspective.

Amarius Mims had almost TWICE as many snaps in 2023 as Byron Murphy who was also a one year starter.

That's not a valid comparison because they play different positions.  Defensive linemen rotate.  Offensive linemen dont.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Those are some old looking 4th graders..... Hilarious

I was thinking he was in line to see Santa and those were Santa's elves..........  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
You guys who keep bringing up the no sacks in his half season started….pound a lot like the guys high on Trey Lance a few years back. No interceptions in a short season. That was the biggest non factor ever.
Reply/Quote
So......DT in Round 2? Watch them give everyone a heart attack and pick Sweat...
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:36 PM)CottonHill Wrote: Umm only start 8 games. And evidently play only 15 snaps in the biggest game of the year….while not being injured. There’s your answer.

I think it was Saban who brought up only 15 snaps in the biggest game of the year. Saban was kind of dissing the pick. I would be inspired if he and half the commentators on ABC weren't using words like "risk" and "project." What is the explanation for not playing so much? I will trust the pick, because Nate has been beating his drum for some time now, but how he had so little playing time is not encouraging. Always feel better if the Bengals got a first-round pick that could be penciled in as a starter in the first year.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: So......DT in Round 2? Watch them give everyone a heart attack and pick Sweat...

2 project players!!??? Board meltdown
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Shout out to the Cowboys fan who got the anti-Jerry Jones flag right on camera. He'll probably wind up in an unmarked grave somewhere, but still a cool moment.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I know its not likely even with the foot surgery but I hope Newton falls to us in the 2nd round
Reply/Quote
The Jags got 167 and a 2025 3rd & 4th to move down 6 spots.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:56 PM)Joelist Wrote: So......DT in Round 2? Watch them give everyone a heart attack and pick Sweat...

I'd actually like that!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:37 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

Marvin used to stand up and say he wanted losers.  So glad we made the change finally.
Reply/Quote
I have more faith in Mims than his coach. We need a new coach.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:56 PM)Nepa Wrote: I think it was Saban who brought up only 15 snaps in the biggest game of the year. Saban was kind of dissing the pick. I would be inspired if he and half the commentators on ABC weren't using words like "risk" and "project." What is the explanation for not playing so much? I will trust the pick, because Nate has been beating his drum for some time now, but how he had so little playing time is not encouraging. Always feel better if the Bengals got a first-round pick that could be penciled in as a starter in the first year.

Sabans response really is what set of the alarms in my head. As a Bama guy I watch pretty much all of Sagan’s stuff, he always gives ton of credit to opponents and I’ve never heard him be so tepid on another player. He had no idea why the guy only played a few series…was it conditioning? Injury? Getting beat? None of those are good especially injury. If you only start one season and miss 30% of the games, at his size, you are injury prone.
Also, Beck was only sacked 11 times on the year so not allowing one in about 65% of the snaps isn’t a major accomplishment
Reply/Quote
What do you think Goodell is drinking when he's off camera? 

Whiskey? Bourbon? Beer? 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2024, 11:59 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I'd actually like that!

Me, too. I don't think he lasts until #80. 

I am all about trenches. We need NT types more than 3Ts. We aren't paying Rankins & Hill $23 mil to sit the bench. Yes, I know we rotate DTs. 

If a stud at WR (Pearsall), CB (Tampa), DT (Fiske), or IOL (JPJ, Frazier) is still there,,I might gamble on Sweat being there Rd3. 
Reply/Quote