Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
***2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD***
(04-26-2024, 09:36 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Don’t know anything about Jenkins. Can he stop the run? We need someone who can stop all the rushers in the AFCN.

This is an excellent point. The Bengals have to play Derrick Henry, Nick Chubb, and Najee Harris TWICE.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 09:34 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Reading some of the other AFC North forums.... some jealousy of our last two picks.

Well my Broncos and Falcons buddies hate me because my teams Bengals & Sooners beat their college and pro teams all the time. They never admit anything good about the Bengals. They both are pretty high on our picks
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 09:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: A <300lb NT in the AFCN? That sounds iffy, man.

Strength and position is what Nose Tackle is now a days TLL. The best run stopping team in the NFL last year was the Bears and both Billings
and the other DT were just over 300 pounds. I know we are a different Division but Jenkins is really strong and can take on double teams.

The best run stopping Defenses in the NFL don't have monster NT's. Strength is what is needed over fat ass ***** like Sweat.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 09:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like Kris Jenkins a lot for us, great run stopper and can rush the passer a bit. Thought NT's and especially Sweat would of lasted
longer so happy we went and got a great one. The Titans reached on Sweat even if not for the DWI. As most know I wanted McKinnley
Jackson but Kris Jenkins played against the best and held his own. Love the pick.

THE TRENCHES BABY!!!

They can still pick McKinley Jackson in the 3rd. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 09:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is an excellent point.  The Bengals have to play Derrick Henry, Nick Chubb, and Najee Harris TWICE.

All you have to do is, run counters at Trey
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 09:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: A <300lb NT in the AFCN? That sounds iffy, man.

Jenkins is stout against the run, and strong AF.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
They are throwing HAYMAKERS so far this draft in terms of physical ceiling. Jenkins looks strong and explosive with some natural leverage being under 6'3". Decent choice IMO. Definitely a guy who has the potential to be a grand slam with his physical traits. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 09:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is an excellent point.  The Bengals have to play Derrick Henry, Nick Chubb, and Najee Harris TWICE.

Jenkins had a plus 98% run stop rate which is pretty impressive. 
Reply/Quote

Kris Jenkins was the catalyst NT on Michigan who won the NCAA Championship, YES HE CAN STOP THE RUN AND AGAINST THE BEST COMPETITION.
Reply/Quote
Sinnott gone.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 09:44 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Sinnott gone.

Boo

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 09:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
That run stop rate. Shocked

With how teams ran all over us last year we could definitely use a guy like Jenkins
Reply/Quote
Like the pick know nothing about him but sounds like the best run stopping DT in the draft. Needs to learn pass rush but I still trust Lou for now.

After a good nights sleep I’m more open to Mims too dude is a ***** monster

Still have a few needs in the 3rd like to see a WR and would have said Sinnott but he’s just gone ffs.
Reply/Quote
I can't express the pain of seeing Zach Frazier to the Steelers even id everyone has seen it coming since December.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Strange run on the DTs. Ts, I like the Jenkins pick. He fits the criteria and culture that they have been trying to build. Defensive leader on a NC team.
Reply/Quote
Washington having the best day 2 for me so far.

Reply/Quote
Washington having a good draft in my opinion
Reply/Quote
That’s early for Sinnott

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 09:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Strength and position is what Nose Tackle is now a days TLL. The best run stopping team in the NFL last year was the Bears and both Billings
and the other DT were just over 300 pounds. I know we are a different Division but Jenkins is really strong and can take on double teams.

The best run stopping Defenses in the NFL don't have monster NT's. Strength is what is needed over fat ass ***** like Sweat.

NT is not a high value position.  Also, this is an exceptionally bas class for them.  It sucks that we lost Reader, but we have to accept reality.  Jenkins brings more to the table than any of the remaining big NTs could ever hope to on their best day.  We're fortunate to have him fall to us.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 09:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: All you have to do is, run counters at Trey

…and speaking thereof, should we look at drafting his replacement? Hendrickson has threatened to retire and wants a trade. Apparently he has been possessed by the spirit of Carson Palmer.
Reply/Quote