2024 Ring of Honor nominees
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Corey is a must.

For the second guy, my choices are in this order:

- Montoya
- Trumpy
- Krumrie

Breech shouldn't even sniff the RoH as he was bad even in his era and everyone else is in the gray area of, "good, but someone better in front of them."
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2024, 11:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

How many are going in this year?

I'm going Corey, Lemar and Max.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If Riley didn't exist, I'd say Parrish as the other guy, 100%.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Dave Lapham for both on and off the field contributions

and Jim breech or Collinsworth if i had to pick 2
Reply/Quote
Parrish is #1 for me. He should be in the HOF, though not all of his career was here, of course.

The 2nd spot is close: Brooks, Dillon, Trumpy, Montoya, CC, and Trumpy are all worthy.

But I'd go Krumrie.
Reply/Quote
Parrish and Krumrie. Dillon can wait his turn, the other guys played here well before him.
Reply/Quote
For those not clicking the picture also on the list is

David Fulcher
Reggie williams.

i never would have notice if i didnt see this elsewhere lol
Reply/Quote
I always struggle with these - do you choose based on who had the better career solely while a Bengal, or do you go off entire career?

Parrish had 47 INTs in his career, but only 25 as a Bengal.
He's behind Breeden, Fulcher, and Hall for most INTs as a Bengal.
He did also have 9 TDs between INTs, PR, and KR.

I feel like if going purely off Bengals career, I lean toward Breech and Dillon.
Both are franchise leaders.
I'm a stats head though, so I might lean heavier toward these guys than others will.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2024, 01:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I always struggle with these - do you choose based on who had the better career solely while a Bengal, or do you go off entire career?

Parrish had 47 INTs in his career, but only 25 as a Bengal.
He's behind Breeden, Fulcher, and Hall for most INTs as a Bengal.
He did also have 9 TDs between INTs, PR, and KR.

I feel like if going purely off Bengals career, I lean toward Breech and Dillon.
Both are franchise leaders.
I'm a stats head though, so I might lean heavier toward these guys than others will.

It's the Bengals Ring of Honor, so I think it almost has to be based on what they did here. What, for instance, Justin Smith did elsewhere has nothing to do with how he played here. 
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2024, 01:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: For those not clicking the picture also on the list is

David Fulcher
Reggie williams.

Fulcher is worthy. As is Williams. 

If I had to rank 'em:

1. Parrish 
2. Krumrie 
3. Montoya 
4. Brooks 
5. Trumpy 
6. Dillon 
7. Collingsworth
8. Williams 
9. Fulcher 
10. Lapham 
11. Breech
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2024, 02:51 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's the Bengals Ring of Honor, so I think it almost has to be based on what they did here. What, for instance, Justin Smith did elsewhere has nothing to do with how he played here. 

That's where I lean as well.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
James Brooks and Tim Krumrie
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2024, 03:02 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Fulcher is worthy. As is Williams. 

If I had to rank 'em:

1. Parrish 
2. Krumrie 
3. Montoya 
4. Brooks 
5. Trumpy 
6. Dillon 
7. Collingsworth
8. Williams 
9. Fulcher 
10. Lapham 
11. Breech

That's pretty much how I'd go, although I might move Collinsworth below Reggie and Fulcher.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I think my picks would be Dillon and Fulcher.
A lot of good names and truthfully only Breech and Lapham could be taken off this list without much argument. Any of the others are solid choices.

Why no Geno Atkins on the list? He would be my top choice as I think he is the best Bengals player not in the ROH. I would give him a slight nod even over Dillon. I miss watching Geno play - he was awesome and helped make it easier for “shorter” DTs who came after him (like Donald)
Reply/Quote
Corey Dillon is a borderline NFL Hall of Fame running back. He should be in the Bengals Ring of Honor this year.
Reply/Quote
Our family season ticket votes are going to Dillon and Krumrie
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2024, 01:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: For those not clicking the picture also on the list is

David Fulcher
Reggie williams.

Reggie Williams would be my first choice; followed by Trumphy
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Why folks dismissing Breech? This is a Bengals ROH, not NFL HOF. If Billups doesn't drop the INT in the SB and Montana doesn't Montana, dude is SB MVP.

Breech was clutch when the lights were brightest and is the franchise's leading scorer. How he stacks to other PKs is moot.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2024, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why folks dismissing Breech? This is a Bengals ROH, not NFL HOF. If Billups doesn't drop the INT in the SB and Montana doesn't Montana, dude is SB MVP.

Breech was clutch when the lights were brightest and is the franchise's leading scorer. How he stacks to other PKs is moot.

I agree.

But he's a kicker. I'd put 20 other guys in there first before a kicker.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote