Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
26 teams have at least 5 playoff wins since our last playoff win...
26 teams have at least 5 playoff wins since our last playoff win...which is how many the Bengals have in their ENTIRE 50 YEAR HISTORY!

And we have NONE since modern free agency began in 1992.

Time to change the strategy and sign a few Tier 2 and 3 free agents! Maybe start valuing Center and Guard!
Reply/Quote
You just can't stop, can you?

Why are you so hell-bent on pushing your misery agenda?
Reply/Quote
The only teams to not play in a Super Bowl during this span are:

Jets
Dolphins
Browns
Bengals
Texans
Jaguars
Chiefs
Lions
Vikings
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:29 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: You just can't stop, can you?

Why are you so hell-bent on pushing your misery agenda?

Hilarious

Good for him, its better than the posts about this team is Super Bowl caliber with just a "few" tweaks. Those posts are garbage.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:31 PM)GodFather Wrote: Hilarious

Good for him, its better than the posts about this team is Super Bowl caliber with just a "few" tweaks. Those posts are garbage.

Yeah...maybe IF we sign about 3-4 quality free agents...and draft 2-3 dominant starters.

You and I both know that isn't happening.  Hilarious

We'll sign a couple guys to 1 year deals, draft some players and hype them...and then say we don't have cap space because we need it to retain Atkins, Dunlap, and Dennard. Then, we'll allow 1 or 2 of them to leave.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:31 PM)GodFather Wrote: Hilarious

Misery loves company  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:33 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Misery loves company  Whatever

What positives do you see with this team Pat?

It's a legit statistic that 23 DIFFERENT TEAMS have been to a Super Bowl since we last won a playoff game. 23 Pat!

And guess what? We have largely the same management team running things.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 26 teams have at least 5 playoff wins since our last playoff win...which is how many the Bengals have in their ENTIRE 50 YEAR HISTORY!

Time to change the strategy and sign a few Tier 2 and 3 free agents! Maybe start valuing Center and Guard!

Eh, these kind of stats have been talked about so much at this point - by myself as well - that it's just redundant. Depressing as hell, but still redundant. 

I think the best hope we have right now is that Marvin does walk away and that the next guy's approach will eventually get us to that next step. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Eh, these kind of stats have been talked about so much at this point - by myself as well - that it's just redundant. Depressing as hell, but still redundant. 

I think the best hope we have right now is that Marvin does walk away and that the next guy's approach will eventually get us to that next step. 

Really that's all we have.

Maybe the next HC will have a better practice system to develop guys and figure out how to fit them into the right roles. Maybe we'll get lucky in a draft or 2.

Also, maybe there will be some young players on his team that he can bring here as free agents.

I agree...that's all we have.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 26 teams have at least 5 playoff wins since our last playoff win...which is how many the Bengals have in their ENTIRE 50 YEAR HISTORY!

Did you know that Merv is 8-23 versus the Steelers as Bengals HC? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Guys, look at this. No, seriously, I swear I haven't mentioned it in every thread and started threads about it.

The Steelers' offense is better at every position! Every single one. Did you know that? Seriously.

For real though I'm going to try and explain why everyone seems so annoyed. We suck ass and we all know it. We know the statistics. We knew them before this year and were reminded every single year we lost in the first round. Bill Belichick won a playoff game in CLE more recently than we've won a playoff game. We all know, my dude.

Honestly, starting you own threads are fine, but when you regurgitate these stats into every single thread, people get tired. When people discuss a new coach you just come in and say, "It doesn't matter who the new coach is because management has let 26 other teams win 5 playoff games before we've won one! You think a new coach is going to matter?"

It comes off a little smug, like you figured out the secret to the Bengals being awful for a long time and the rest haven't. It's not new to hate Mike Brown and feel that we will never truly be competitive until he is gone. You have just found a new way to say it (and you have been saying it a lot), that's all. We are already down on this shit season and when discussing something hopeful for the future we don't need another voice just shouting about how futile everything is thanks to ownership.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Eh, these kind of stats have been talked about so much at this point - by myself as well - that it's just redundant. Depressing as hell, but still redundant. 

Exactly - HOPE

97.725 of everything negative possible has been hashed, rehashed, and pounded in powder x 1,000 on here, but........
It's not like we can talk about MVP's, playoffs, ROY, etc. so..........

I'm just holding out hope _________________ new HC can breath life back in it and Mikey finally realizes change is needed in running the show.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What positives do you see with this team Pat?

It's a legit statistic that 23 DIFFERENT TEAMS have been to a Super Bowl since we last won a playoff game. 23 Pat!

And guess what? We have largely the same management team running things.

No kidding we have the same management team in place, but you seem to be completely ignoring the fact that the main reason we struggle on the field is piss poor coaching. You don't seek to understand how big of an "addition by subtraction" moving on from Marv may be. 

It's no secret this team sucks and has sucked. You may see it mostly as a management issue, but I see it mostly as a gameday coaching issue. This historically bad management team put together a very talented roster that made the playoffs 5 years in a row, despite a horrible record against in-conference rivals and Primetime games. Who else has made the playoffs 5 years in a row? It's not like we've been short on talent, we've been short on clutch coaching when the going gets tough.

This may sound crazy, but honestly... If I could only part ways with one of the two, I'd part ways with Marvin Lewis before the duo of Mike Brown/Duke Tobin (I can't believe I said that either Sick )

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 04:22 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: No kidding we have the same management team in place, but you seem to be completely ignoring the fact that the main reason we struggle on the field is piss poor coaching. You don't seek to understand how big of an "addition by subtraction" moving on from Marv may be. 

It's no secret this team sucks and has sucked. You may see it mostly as a management issue, but I see it mostly as a gameday coaching issue. This historically bad management team put together a very talented roster that made the playoffs 5 years in a row, despite a horrible record against in-conference rivals and Primetime games. Who else has made the playoffs 5 years in a row? It's not like we've been short on talent, we've been short on clutch coaching when the going gets tough.

This may sound crazy, but honestly... If I could only part ways with one of the two, I'd part ways with Marvin Lewis before the duo of Mike Brown/Duke Tobin (I can't believe I said that either Sick )

Dude...IF you think coaching is the only reason we lose...

We had a bad offensive line 2 years ago and lost the 2 best players on it to free agency.

2 years ago we lost Jones, Sanu, Nelson and a bunch of other talents.

The issues are the roster just as much as coaching.

And...WHO is responsible for the head coach? Yeah Management. The same management that thought the guy that was 0-7 in the playoffs was the guy that should be coaching the next 2 years.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 04:22 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: No kidding we have the same management team in place, but you seem to be completely ignoring the fact that the main reason we struggle on the field is piss poor coaching. You don't seek to understand how big of an "addition by subtraction" moving on from Marv may be. 

LOL - So IF you could get rid of Lewis or Brown/Tobin...you'd get rid of Lewis?

You seem to not acknowledge that Management is responsible for hiring/firing coaches.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 04:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dude...IF you think coaching is the only reason we lose...

We had a bad offensive line 2 years ago and lost the 2 best players on it to free agency.

2 years ago we lost Jones, Sanu, Nelson and a bunch of other talents.

The issues are the roster just as much as coaching.

And...WHO is responsible for the head coach? Yeah Management. The same management that thought the guy that was 0-7 in the playoffs was the guy that should be coaching the next 2 years.
Coaching is not the only reason we lose, but I believe it is the biggest. 

And I agree with the bolded.. I've said before, the worst thing this management team is guilty of recently is keeping Marv employed. But if they move on from him next month? It will be a big step in the right direction (hopefully, depending on the replacement).

And you can't entirely blame management for losing those players. We aren't the only team to lose players during free agency, it happens to everyone. It sucks, but who's to say any of those players had any real intentions of signing back with us anyway? Maybe management could (should) have thrown more money around in an effort to keep some of them but it may have been all for naught. I don't think Sanu or jones ever had any intentions of coming back. I believe Whitworth wanted a change of scenery as well. We drafted their replacements over the past few drafts and unfortunately, it hasn't worked out. Sucks, but again, it happens. And I can't help but wonder if the young draftees struggles are also related to poor coaching. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 04:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: LOL - So IF you could get rid of Lewis or Brown/Tobin...you'd get rid of Lewis?

You seem to not acknowledge that Management is responsible for hiring/firing coaches.

I've acknowledged it several times in other threads

And yes. I believe Marvin is the main reason we haven't gotten over the hump. Not the roster that management has assembled
Reply/Quote
Only one ***** to blame!

27 years and everything he touches STILL turns to shit!

[Image: mike-brown.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 02:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Did you know that Merv is 8-23 versus the Steelers as Bengals HC? Ninja

Other things you may not know about the NFL:

-Le'Veon Bell has patience.
-Jimmy Graham and Antonio Gates used to play basketball.
-Russell Wilson used to play baseball.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I did not know the information stated in original post and I think it adds to the accumulated evidence that Bengals management and coaching stink.

Thank you OP.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote