Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
28 years ago today...

I was 20 years old when the Bengals won their last playoff game. Just crazy to think about sometimes.

Whoever the next head coach is, hopefully he can put an end to this damnable streak!   Mellow
Reply/Quote
I was 1 almost 2 years old Sad Cry
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was in Saudi Arabia; getting ready to cross into Kuwait.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I wasn't even born yet...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 01:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:
I was 20 years old when the Bengals won their last playoff game. Just crazy to think about sometimes.

Whoever the next head coach is, hopefully he can put an end to this damnable streak!   Mellow

I remember it vividly. I was 24 and on call that day. The wife was over at her parents house and i was in and out, checking on the game while i was there. 

Those were back in the days of taping the game on the VCR, to watch it later. Big Grin

EDIT: In a strange...(well, not really strange)...twist, i will be in the same room the game was playing on tv, in about an hour, moving a couch over there (my son lives there now).

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I was older than even Fred. And still am.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 02:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was in Saudi Arabia; getting ready to cross into Kuwait.

Glad you made it back safely. Obviously for your family and friends but also for your contribution the the Bengals MB(s).

Sorry if that sounded sappy. I'm not a sappy-type. I just appreciate anyone's service and their safe return.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

And, Mike Brown inherited the team and named himself GM less than a year later bringing in the dark Bengals years.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 02:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was in Saudi Arabia; getting ready to cross into Kuwait.

God bless you bfine. Thank you for serving.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote

That was a great year. The Reds won the world series and the Bengals won a playoff game. I thought the world revolved around Cincinnati sports. Little did I know the Reds would win one more playoff series and the Bengals.... 

My son is in his mid 20's and has never seen a playoff win for the Bengals and doesnt remember the Reds beating the Dodgers. A sad way to go.
Reply/Quote

I was recalled to active duty for this. Shipped to New Jersey and then Virginia for refresher training and then shipped to Mainz Germany with the 4/11 Cav. Ground war started, they started surrendering by the thousands, I was shipped back home. Boots never hit the sand. Worked on Cobra and Apache attack helicopters back then. Still kick myself in the butt for not taking advantage of the training I had in the civilian world instead of coming back to this small little town with nothing to offer. Or at least staying in till retirement, although I hated running during PT and also had as much AFN I could stomach. I was 23 then. Hard to believe I'm 51 and no playoff win since then. Hussein cursed the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
I was 21, and full of hope for a quick return to the Super Bowl for the Bengals. Gee, what a nightmare it's been since then..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 03:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I was 21, and full of hope for a quick return to the Super Bowl for the Bengals.  Gee, what a nightmare it's been since then..

Oh, and I forgot, I was already on my 2nd marriage. Hilarious

Reply/Quote

I didn't realize that illegal immigration was such a problem way back then...

I was a 16 year old idiot kid. Now I'm a 44 year old idiot.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I was a Senior at Manalapan High School in Manalapan, New Jersey.

I'm frickin' 45 now!!
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2019, 03:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I was 21, and full of hope for a quick return to the Super Bowl for the Bengals.  Gee, what a nightmare it's been since then..

Yeah, had you told my 24 year old self that 52 year old me wouldn't witness another playoff win, I would have called the men in the white coats with the big butterfly net to come capture your ass.  But, if you told me now we'd reach, say, 35 years without a win, I wouldn't blink.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I still have a bunch of Boomer stuff. He gave hope.
Reply/Quote
I had a lot of hope for Cincinnati sports back then. The 90's were suppose to be glorious.

Reply/Quote
I was at the game, sitting in the yellow seats with a friend from church.
Reply/Quote
I had literally just gotten home from San Francisco and the Navy. Didn't even watch the game just to much going on. I was 26

I did get to enjoy the Reds going wire to wire though.

Hard to believe that was almost 30 years ago !
Reply/Quote