Poll: What will the last 8 games win/loss record be ?
8 wins and 0 losses for the 2nd half of the 2018 season
7 and 1
6 and 2
5 and 3
4 and 4
3 and 5
2 and 6
1 and 7
0 wins and 8 losses for the 2nd half of the 2018 season
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Half Predictions....
We have the #23 offense and our Defense is dead last. We could go 0-8 over the second half.

I am predicting 5-3 with losses to Steelers, Chargers, and Saints.

But I am hoping for 8-0. Remember '12 when we started 3-5 but finished 7-1? Anything is possible in the "real" world.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 11:56 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: It would be nice if at least one or two of the wins was a convincing one without any dramatics. Those are hard to watch. The most interesting game of the year will be the L.A. Chargers because they play in that tiny little soccer stadium where lots of times fans from the other team outnumber and out-cheer the Charger fans.

Chargers are a very good team.  Their only 2 losses are to KC and the Rams.

Phillip Rivers is one of the best QBs in NFL history (6th in tds, 8th in yards and passer rating).  If the Bengals don't win it I'd like to see Rivers win some big games so people will give him more credit for how good he has been.
Reply/Quote
Saints: L Haaaa, we'll play neck and neck with them in the first half then as per usual for ML led teams we'll put up our 3 points in the 2nd half and lose by two touchdowns or more.

Ravens: L Dalton and ML have a good record vs. the Ravens but they will be playing for their playoff lives and at home, so we'll get out coached.

Browns: W

Broncos: W

Chargers: L We ain't going out on the west coast and hanging a W

Raiders: W

Browns: L  Marvin has a long history of splitting with bad Browns teams plus any hope for the playoffs will be online so we'll blow it.

Steelers: L no need to elaborate

3-5 is most likely, outside shot at 4-4 if we can pull the upset against the Browns ?

8-8 for final record outside shot at 9-7

Unless the coaches get kidnapped by Aliens and they get infused with football circa 2018 wisdom and learn how to coach in today's NFL, overnight.

Then 10-6 may be possible, but I seriously doubt it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 12:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ravens: L Dalton and ML have a good record vs. the Ravens but they will be playing for their playoff lives and at home, so we'll get out coached.

Marvin has won 8 of last 10 against Harbaugh.

(10-31-2018, 12:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Browns: L  Marvin has a long history of splitting with bad Browns teams plus any hope for the playoffs will be online so we'll blow it.

Marvin has won 7 in a row against Browns and has only lost 7 in the last 13 years (19-7).
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Marvin has won 8 of last 10 against Harbaugh.

Marvin has won 7 in a row against Browns and has only lost 7 in the last 13 years (19-7).

Fred every team in the league has won several in a row against the Browns they've won like what 7 games in the last 3 and 1/2 seasons ?

That doesn't change the fact that Marvin Lewis has split with several bad Browns teams who in that season only had 2,3,4,5 wins. The Ravens and Steelers have swept them way more than ML has in his tenure.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 12:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Fred every team in the league has won several in a row against the Browns they've won like what 7 games in the last 3 and 1/2 seasons ?

That doesn't change the fact that Marvin Lewis has split with several bad Browns teams who in that season only had 2,3,4,5 wins. The Ravens and Steelers have swept them way more than ML has in his tenure.

How can you say that it is more probable than not that we lose to the Browns when it does not happen that often.

I never said we would automatically sweep the Browns, but if you look at what has actually happened on the field the last few years it is much more likely that we sweep them than not.

Seems to me you are bending over backwards to try and justify your worst case scenario.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:10 PM)WHO DEY C85 Wrote: Not sure why but I love reading predictions threads. What's yours for the 2nd half of the season? Can we make it back to the playoffs?

Week 10  New Orleans L
Week 11 @ Baltimore W
Week 12 Cleveland W
Week 13 Denver W
Week 14 @ Chargers L
Week 15 Oakland W
Week 16 @ Cleveland W
Week 17 @Douchebags W

Predictions in bold, we go 11-5, if our Defense improves and we beat the Saints after the bye we go 12-4 like i
predicted before the season. But we really need to improve on D to stop Brees and Rivers. Those are my only
real concerns. We will beat Pitt in their place the next time around pretty sure.

Pretty soft 2nd half schedule. We should make the Playoffs and go one and done under Marv again.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 12:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How can you say that it is more probable than not that we lose to the Browns when it does not happen that often.

I never said we would automatically sweep the Browns, but if you look at what has actually happened on the field the last few years it is much more likely that we sweep them than not.

Seems to me you are bending over backwards to try and justify your worst case scenario.

Perhaps

If we sweep the Browns I'll come on here and gladly eat crow, and lots of it.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:10 PM)WHO DEY C85 Wrote: Not sure why but I love reading predictions threads. What's yours for the 2nd half of the season? Can we make it back to the playoffs?

Week 10  New Orleans
Week 11 @ Baltimore
Week 12 Cleveland
Week 13 Denver
Week 14 @ Chargers
Week 15 Oakland
Week 16 @ Cleveland
Week 17 @Douchebags

I feel if we can get a bit more healthy.. 10-6 is looking good, possible Division Win I see Pitt and Baltimore  possible going 9-7

Cleveland- just seems a mess again, not playing well and the rookie QB is playing like a rookie.. so 2 wins there
Baltimore- 10-2 i believe over last 12 games.. possible win there
Oakland and Denver on fire sale... both at home.. Wins
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 11:46 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I say we will win only 2 or 3 more games. I think we split with Cleveland, beat Oakland, and maybe beat Denver. 7-9 or 8-8 is my prediction. 6-10 was my original prediction so either is an improvement. I hope we win all 8 though.

I thought that as a possibility until they got rid of both their HC and OC. They aren't playing as well now as they were to start the year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 12:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How can you say that it is more probable than not that we lose to the Browns when it does not happen that often.

omg. This thread is asking for a prediction. You're going to argue with a guy for giving exactly that? Its his prediction. No real right or wrong with that.

I have really never seen anyone who likes to argue more than you do.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 01:30 PM)R3stangs Wrote: omg. This thread is asking for a prediction. You're going to argue with a guy for giving exactly that? Its his prediction. No real right or wrong with that.

So true lmao! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 01:30 PM)R3stangs Wrote: omg. This thread is asking for a prediction. You're going to argue with a guy for giving exactly that? Its his prediction. No real right or wrong with that.

The whole point of asking for predictions is to fuel debate.  Why can't I point out the flaws in his logic.

I don't think you understand how message boards work.  Here is a suggestion.  Watch some tv or listen to some sports radio.  Whenever people make predictions they discuss why they disagree.  
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 12:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Predictions in bold, we go 11-5, if our Defense improves and we beat the Saints after the bye we go 12-4 like i
predicted before the season. But we really need to improve on D to stop Brees and Rivers. Those are my only
real concerns. We will beat Pitt in their place the next time around pretty sure.

Pretty soft 2nd half schedule. We should make the Playoffs and go one and done under Marv again.

I'm in agreement with that Nate! 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 01:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I thought that as a possibility until they got rid of both their HC and OC. They aren't playing as well now as they were to start the year.

I've come to the conclusion that teams have already figured Mayfield out. He hasn't looked sharp the last couple of games with the miracle passes under duress.
Reply/Quote
I bolded wins and italicized struggles.

Week 10 New Orleans
Week 11 @ Baltimore
Week 12 Cleveland
Week 13 Denver
Week 14 @ Chargers
Week 15 Oakland
Week 16 @ Cleveland
Week 17 @Douchebags

I give us 4 more wins, 9-7. Hopefully a wild cad, but still the worst team in the playoffs with immediate exit.

I also predict our Defense will give up the most yards in NFL history, as they're on track to currently do - and the 2nd half offense is still atrocious. The things we know are problems and don't fix year after year, bite us again in the end.
Reply/Quote
We will miss the playoff by 1 game, just close enough for Mikey to keep things as they are for next season.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 05:29 PM)WhoDeyLeisure Wrote: Out of curiosity, did you get a private message "warning" from the moderator for saying "douchebags"?  I just got one for calling the OL a "bag of dicks". 

That being said: The 2nd half defense has been a real BAG OF DICKS lately.

I have not gotten a message. If a moderator is reading this, I apologize for our week 17 opponent.  Posted mainly just out of frustration towards that franchise. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 01:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The whole point of asking for predictions is to fuel debate.  Why can't I point out the flaws in his logic.

I don't think you understand how message boards work.  Here is a suggestion.  Watch some tv or listen to some sports radio.  Whenever people make predictions they discuss why they disagree.  

Point out the flaws in this,

2003 split Browns finish 5-11
2004 split Browns finish 4-12
2007 split Browns finish 10-6 their only winning season in last decade plus
2008 split Browns finish 4-12
2010 split Browns finish 5-11
2012 split Browns finish 5-11
2013 split Browns finish 4-12
2014 split Browns finish 7-9

So in Marvin Lewis's first 12 seasons he split with some very bad Browns teams. ML's only sweeps were 05,06,09,11

Four for twelve Fred ! Marvin has served up a W to six Brown's teams struggling to beat anybody. Sure we've swept them the last 3 seasons, damn near everybody has. They have six wins total since the start of the 15 season.

From 03 to 14 ML had a record of 6-6 at Cleveland. Five of those six losses were to 5 win or less teams.

The Browns aren't going to finish this season with a winning record I'd bet, BUTT the Mayfield led Browns have been in what two OT games and played several teams very, very close this season.

A loss to Cleveland at their place late in the season with their pride and our playoff hopes on the line is not in any way out of the question. ML has a history huh ?

Or illogical 
Reply/Quote
Can we make it back to the playoffs? Sure. Will we? Nope.

Week 10 New Orleans - Loss
Week 11 @ Baltimore - Loss
Week 12 Cleveland - Win
Week 13 Denver - Win
Week 14 @ Chargers - Loss
Week 15 Oakland - Win
Week 16 @ Cleveland - Loss
Week 17 @Douchebags - Loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote