Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2nd Round Pick Cam Taylor Britt
The good thing about his con of being too aggressive in coverage s that it can be coached out of him. If that is your main issue with him then im good
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Great pick. A little surprised at some of the guys still on the board but I suppose that happens every year for a variety of reasons.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 04:59 AM)wanga Wrote: “That's the first thing that I thought about. I can't wait," he said. "Like Coach said, I bring the juice at practice and it's just like the game. Going against receivers like that will help my game so much to where guarding other receivers won't be as hard. I can't wait to get out to practice and actually practice one-on-one against those guys."

Love that. So true, trying to cover Chase, Boyd and Tee in practice will be invaluable.

That’s one of the reasons I wanted to load up on DBs early in this draft. Going against Joe and our WRs every day in practice should be a good way to improve.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2022, 11:16 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: That’s one of the reasons I wanted to load up on DBs early in this draft. Going against Joe and our WRs every day in practice should be a good way to improve.

I think it helped Apple
Reply/Quote
Is he a punt returner or am I confusing him with someone else ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 10:37 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: https://twitter.com/CamTaylorBritt_/status/1510000560820342789

Time for us to help out our newest Bengals. Please donate what you can for him.

Who Dey Nation is awesome. If my knowledge is correct, we've raised over $9K in less than 24 hours for our newest Bengal. Keep up the good work boys and girls.
Reply/Quote
That’s awesome.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 10:16 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Cam Taylor Britt pick #60 Welcome to the Jungle!

FYI he was listed as a safety but the Benglals view him as an outside CB

Ran a 4.38

Thought we would have to trade up for CTB, was great move as he was my favorite Corner that late in the 2nd.

He is an outside Corner and just what we needed. Played against the best as he was Nebraska's best Corner. CTB is a gambler
and gets lots of interceptions cause of it. He will need to tone it down a bit so he doesn't gamble too much but that can be 
coached out of him by Lou and our guys.

I think Cam can beat out Apple as a rookie, that is how good he is. With Dax Hill, CTB and a talent like Tycen Anderson we are
set for the future even if both Bates and Bell leave. We are stacked right now in the Secondary, frickin' awesome!

Welcome Cam Taylor Britt!
Reply/Quote
The Athletic: favorite Bengal pick:
Cincinnati Bengals: Cam Taylor-Britt, the cornerback from Nebraska, checked off every box the Bengals needed and wanted to accentuate coming off their run to the Super Bowl. They gave up a sixth-round pick to go up three spots to make sure they got him, at No. 60. He will be an ideal culture fit in a place that stresses it as much as any in the league. Add in his length and speed, and he pairs with first-round pick Daxton Hill to build a foundation of the future in a secondary that entered the weekend with only two players signed beyond this season. —
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 10:24 PM)M.W. Wrote: I'm down with CTB

I think he was looking for "Yeah, you know me!"
Reply/Quote
Ok I’m a little worried about my favorite pick from this year’s draft now… :ninja:

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 01:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ok I’m a little worried about my favorite pick from this year’s draft now… Ninja

Please bury that list.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2022, 01:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Please bury that list.

Probably should burn some sage near it beforehand, too.

Reply/Quote
His athleticism is off the charts.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2022, 10:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: His athleticism is off the charts.

This totally gets the fandom-orange blood flowing. Who Dey! I can't wait to watch him play.
Reply/Quote
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/lists/bengals-draft-pick-cam-taylor-britt-scouting-reports/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

85 yard bomb! That's insane!

That could be a great weapon for a last second Hail Mary!

I'm LOVING this pick even more now! 

I knew he could play outside but, from the little I knew about him, I thought he was going to be a safety in the NFL! Our team is STACKED!
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2022, 09:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/lists/bengals-draft-pick-cam-taylor-britt-scouting-reports/

This is a very good summation of Cam's pros and cons.

Clearly his big issue right now is on his head. (trouble with route recognition, gets burnt easy on play-action and double moves, takes poor angles, etc)  The good news is that these are the types of problems that can be fixed with proper coaching.  The bad news is that these issues will also prevent him from stepping in and being a big contributor as a rookie. 

I like the pick a lot.  Any player taken at #60 is going to have some issues.  It is unusual to find a guy taken that late who starts as a rookie, but Cam has all the tools to develop into a very good DB.  It will just take some work.
Reply/Quote

SWEET ! Can't wait to see him play.
Reply/Quote
I hope everyone does not forget, we have all of our DB's from the Super Bowl back in 2022. They played well later in the season, but like 2020/2021 the Bengals working on stopping the run by beefing up the DL and improving the pass rush. It appears the focus in off season was beef up the OL, then add some guys with potential to be good OL later in the draft.

In 2022, the great news is none of these guys need to be stars week #1, but I think every DB drafted will play a lot on special packages and also special teams. We added a lot of speed on defense. We seem to be focused on stopping the great passing offenses in KC, Buffalo, TB and any team we play.

I love the picks also since we only had 2 DB's locked up in 2023, looks like now will have at least 6.

I am an optimist, but I see a more talented roster (and we may not be done yet) in 2022 than 2023. I applaud the FO's plan this off season.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote