Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3-1.... 6 of the next 8 at home...
Mixon should be back next week, Vontaze is back, Price should be back soon...home field advantage. Going 3-1 at the start of this schedule is huge. 10 wins sure is not looking like a stretch....
Reply/Quote
I’m feeling good and some home games will be nice but man is the schedule brutal. Miami even after today’s loss looks legit. Kansas, Pittsburgh, New Orleans and Ravens and who knows what version of Tampa we will see. No easy wins in this group but if you want playoff wins you need to beat playoff quality teams.

There will be some losses and people need to accept that and move on the next game without jumping ship or freaking out.

I think your right though 10wins is looking really good right now.
Reply/Quote
3-1 start. WHO DEY. Browns lost. Steelers playing Ravens so one will lose unless a tie. I'm too happy to say any more, so some site toys. 3-1, I love It. WhoDey2 Tiger Who Dey Dancing Dancing Dancing Who Dey Tiger WhoDey2
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Promising start. Defense needs to get going. We can't expect the offense put up 30+ every game, but at least we know they potentially can.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 09:58 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Promising start. Defense needs to get going. We can't expect the offense put up 30+ every game, but at least we know they potentially can.

The fact that we are scoring compared to the last 2 seasons (very few 3 & outs) and the fact that our defense is stopping opponents when they have to, is why we are winning.  The best thing is we are winning as a team. Still heavily relying on AJ, but now that Eifert is out, hopefully more receivers step up like Boyd.
Reply/Quote
This needs bumped. For all the people trying to think up new threads. How about a little love for the 3-1 start. GO BENGALS. Oh, and to the Browns Trolls on here, Browns have won 2 games in 3 years. Bengals have more in 2018 alone at 3-1 and in FIRST PLACE...WHO DEY, BABY.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Hey, not many teams want to be victims of TB, so hopefully they all get a bad case of TB.. It's basic consumption. TB! The story's out, don't sleep on the Bengals or you'll get TB.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 09:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Mixon should be back next week, Vontaze is back, Price should be back soon...home field advantage. Going 3-1 at the start of this schedule is huge. 10 wins sure is not looking like a stretch....

Here's the way I look at it ...

We're 2-1 on the road ... and that's tough to do, period.

If we can go 7-1 at home ('cause almost nobody is PERFECT at home in any one season) and we split the remaining 5 road games (say 2-3), we'll be looking at 11-5.

At home, Miami is a "trap" game but winnable. The Squealers are what they are and they have our number but this game is winnable, too. The TB game is winnable but I'm gonna say that with the way the D is playing right now, the Aint's game is a loss. The rest of our home games are winnable as will.

On the road, I'm thinking we can beat both the Chargers and the Clowns. 

So there's the 11-5 record.
Reply/Quote
Looking like a good year. Winnable schedule, Ravens a question mark, Steelers are cruising to a top 10 pick, and the Browns are good, but very beatable. Nobody on the schedule is "oh crap, might as well go golfing" good.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 09:33 PM)motoarch Wrote: I’m feeling good and some home games will be nice but man is the schedule brutal.  Miami even after today’s loss looks legit.  Kansas, Pittsburgh, New Orleans and Ravens and who knows what version of Tampa we will see.  No easy wins in this group but if you want playoff wins you need to beat playoff quality teams.

There will be some losses and people need to accept that and move on the next game without jumping ship or freaking out.

I think your right though 10wins is looking really good right now.

Well said.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 11:30 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: Here's the way I look at it ...

We're 2-1 on the road ... and that's tough to do, period.

If we can go 7-1 at home ('cause almost nobody is PERFECT at home in any one season) and we split the remaining 5 road games (say 2-3), we'll be looking at 11-5.

At home, Miami is a "trap" game but winnable. The Squealers are what they are and they have our number but this game is winnable, too. The TB game is winnable but I'm gonna say that with the way the D is playing right now, the Aint's game is a loss. The rest of our home games are winnable as will.

On the road, I'm thinking we can beat both the Chargers and the Clowns. 

So there's the 11-5 record.

I agree with almost all of this. I only take issue a little with the idea Miami is a trap game. I suppose it’s a matter of your definition of a trap game. Before the season began it was easy to over looks this game but theyer 3-1 right now and have look really good in the games they won. Anyone over looking them right now is making a big mistake.

Otherwise I really like your thoughts on the rest of this. Well maybe not the chargers on the road. West coast trips are tough and I think the chargers are better than their record.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 09:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Mixon should be back next week, Vontaze is back, Price should be back soon...home field advantage. Going 3-1 at the start of this schedule is huge. 10 wins sure is not looking like a stretch....

Thought we would be 2-2 at this point and everything would start to come together and we would win 12 games.

Looking better than i thought....
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought we would be 2-2 at this point and everything would start to come together and we would win 12 games.

Looking better than i thought....

Got to feel good about things right now.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 02:30 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Got to feel good about things right now.

Yeah, the young guys are starting to get a feel, same with the coaches. Bates needs more props IMO.

Dude has came in and been an immediate solid starter while making gamechanging plays. He saved our ass on the 2 point
conversion yesterday. Stopped good ole Mo good. Better tackler than i thought he would be at this stage.

:andy:
Reply/Quote
We have zero "short weeks" due to Mon/Thu games and we only have 5 road games in the remaining 13 weeks of the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 04:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have zero "short weeks" due to Mon/Thu games and we only have 5 road games in the remaining 13 weeks of the season.

Now, if we could just give our bye week away....Marvin never has the team ready after a bye week....
Reply/Quote
Along with 3-1, it was great watching Steelers and Browns lose Sunday. Now, WIN IN THE JUNGLE. HOMECOMING GAME against Dolphins. 4-1 would be pretty good.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote