Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
3-1 Would Be A Good Start To Season
I'm making this simple thread going into tonight's game, because we can analyze everything in sports to the point where there is paralysis by analysis. The Simple Fact is that 3-1 would be a great record for our Bengals after some pretty awful seasons.

Tonight's game is a good rematch of LSU Burrow vs Clemson Lawrence. Doesn't Jacksonville now have Urban Meyer starting his own rebuild.

I like Bengals Defense and the game is in The Jungle for The 12th Man. The Crowd Noise has to be there to rattle the rookie QB for Jaguars.

Now we can throw Trap Game out there again, but the reality is that every NFL Game is a Trap Game. Any NFL Team can win on Any Given Sunday, and that includes Thursday and Monday.

Now I hope some are kidding when they say a good record will ruin our draft position. You do not lose to draft, you draft to win.

If Bengals start 3-1 and 2-0 in The Jungle, that will be a great start when you add in a win at Pittsburgh. A far better start than we have seen in a few years. Also if they start 3-1, The Defense looks good enough to get more wins. If this O Line progresses with each game, Blocking and Tackling Wins Football Games.

Go BENGALS Tonight. Rumble Jungle Rumble. The Bengal Tigers could be on the start of The Roaring 20's.

Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger Tiger GO DEFENSE and 12th Man JUNGLE
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It would be a excellent start.

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 12:06 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: It would be a excellent start.

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey

are you kidding? I would not have believed it back in June. 
So whos going to start for Bates? I think its time to unleash Henderson..he always seems to play well in preseason.   
Reply/Quote
I had no idea Bates was even hurt till this morning.
Reply/Quote
3-1 with momentum and full of confidence sounds really good to me

especially with a tough schedule coming still.

Hate to say it but these games where Cincinnati is heavily favored in are almost "must wins" for the Bengals this season, if they're going to have a good year that is anyway.

Go Bengals !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Urban Meyer, the guy who started Haskins instead of Burrow. Burrow should go hand him a touchdown ball..... (he won't, he's got too much class to do the Baker Mayfield thing)
Reply/Quote
The scary (greedy) thought is it could have (should have) easily been 4-0
Reply/Quote
Yes it would be an excellent start and us being at Home really helps. Hope the fans are crazy loud and we are starting to
build that Home field advantage that makes us nearly impossible to beat in our place. With the way the Defense is playing
and our young guys growing on Offense starting out 3-1 and getting a road win already could boost our confidence into
thinking we could go all the way.

The injuries to Bates and Higgins will hurt, no mistake about it but I think we can overcome it.

Better to have these guys healthy for the Packers game than to push it on a short week. Good thing I like our depth
players in Henderson, Sean Davis, Auden Tate, Irwin, Thomas and Morgan to fill in.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 01:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes it would be an excellent start and us being at Home really helps. Hope the fans are crazy loud and we are starting to
build that Home field advantage that makes us nearly impossible to beat in our place. With the way the Defense is playing
and our young guys growing on Offense starting out 3-1 and getting a road win already could boost our confidence into
thinking we could go all the way.

The injuries to Boyd and Higgins will hurt, no mistake about it but I think we can overcome it.

Better to have these guys healthy for the Packers game than to push it on a short week. Good thing I like our depth
players in Henderson, Sean Davis, Auden Tate, Irwin, Thomas and Morgan to fill in.

Wait what?! I didnt hear about Boyd out too!?
Reply/Quote
I’d be more than happy with a 3-1 start.The OL is obviously starting to jell.Burrow is getting nearer100%.
We need Higgins,Awuzie,Bates,back after this Jaguars game and we will be ready to stomp all over our next opponent.Green Bay.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 01:46 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Wait what?! I didnt hear about Boyd out too!?

I'm sure he meant Bates
Reply/Quote
3-1 would obviously be fantastic. Let's win tonight to make this thread a reality instead of flooding the forum with 2-2 meltdowns.

Even still, 2018 was a 4-1 start (6-10 finish). 2006 was a 3-0 start (8-8 finish). It's a long season.
Reply/Quote
Huge game tonight. The team can be 2-2 and somewhat deflated (in reality or with us fans projecting) with GB coming to town, or 3-1 and psyched with GB coming to town. At 3-1, even if you drop the GB game, you can still rebound the following week up at Detroit and be 4-2, an incredible record for us six games in. I hesitate to call it a must win, but, we really have to get a W tonight.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 01:20 PM)Whacked Wrote: The scary (greedy) thought is it could have (should have) easily been 4-0

We were close to losing against the Vikings, though.  Lets say we could be 1-1-1.
Reply/Quote
If a team that has only won 8 games in the past 3 seasons falls for a "trap game" we deserve to get crushed, tarred, and beaten.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 01:46 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Wait what?! I didnt hear about Boyd out too!?

Sorry, Bates...

Will fix. Thanks for catching that, sorry if I scared yah lol
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 05:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sorry, Bates...

Will fix. Thanks for catching that, sorry if I scared yah lol

C'mon Nate, you're better than this. LOL

As to OP, yep, we really need this win, and we should....but the Bates and Higgins injuries throw in a wild card. 

Man, if we could get that stadium rocking like the old Riverfront days in the 80s, be hard for anyone to come in and beat us.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 02:10 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: 3-1 would obviously be fantastic. Let's win tonight to make this thread a reality instead of flooding the forum with 2-2 meltdowns.

Even still, 2018 was a 4-1 start (6-10 finish). 2006 was a 3-0 start (8-8 finish). It's a long season.

Agreed!!

(09-30-2021, 03:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We were close to losing against the Vikings, though.  Lets say we could be 1-1-1.

Good point lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 06:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Man, if we could get that stadium rocking like the old Riverfront days in the 80s, be hard for anyone to come in and beat us.

Conversely, if it's hard for anyone to beat us in home games the stadium will rock.
Reply/Quote
Just focus on the game that is in front of us. Be prepared to make adjustments on the fly and major adjustments (if needed) during halftime. I really hope Zac has a working (if not good) gameplan.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote