Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3-5-1....Stick A Fork In Play-Off Hopes
A tie and a 1 point loss....Bengals are coming close but no cigar......They may finish above .500 but even that will be doing something.....The blocking isn't there and hasn't been there.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Even before tonight, I wanted no part of the playoffs. First, if we do qualify it will be due to us backing our sorry asses in and then we will proceed to get the ever-living dog s**t kicked out of us for all the country to see.

I've seen that movie enough.
Reply/Quote
To be fair this atrocious team could still win the division
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:03 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Even before tonight, I wanted no part of the playoffs.  First, if we do qualify it will be due to us backing our sorry asses in and then we will proceed to get the ever-living dog s**t kicked out of us for all the country to see.

I've seen that movie enough.

There is no backing into the play-offs this year. The AFC West is too good.  The AFC North will be won by whoever gets hot.  Baltimore has good D and is out in front. Steelers could make a run. Bengals with just 3 wins isn't backing into anything.  There will be no wild card teams from AFC North. AFC West is locking those up early......Bengals would have to win out to get 10 wins. I don't see that happening.,,,,,,In the 5 straight play-off years Bengals did great every year against NFC and this year they are 0-2-1....The NFC East is taking it to our Bengals
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:00 AM)kevin Wrote: A tie and a 1 point loss....Bengals are coming close but no cigar......They may finish above .500 but even that will be doing something.....The blocking isn't there and hasn't been there.

The blocking isn't there, the tackling isn't there, the game planning isn't there, the desire isn't there, the aggressiveness isn't there, and on and on.

There's no way in hell they're finishing over .500 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:05 AM)Trademark Wrote: To be fair this atrocious team could still win the division

LOL

This team will be lucky to go 6-9-1
Reply/Quote
There's a thin line between a team that's good enough to go one and done in the playoffs and a middling 6-10 team, and we're on the wrong side this year. Part of it is losing a few FA's, part of it is a steady loss of coaches, part of it is a total lack of leadership, and part of it is too many guys that have devolved into paycheck players.
Reply/Quote
Another self-inflicted loss to a much less talented team. Hate broken records, but this one is really getting old. The Bengals were outcoached from the beginning. The opponent they played this time was second to last in running the ball, and couldn't rush the passer if they had a Sherman tank. But Bengals still find a way to lose.
GO STRIPES!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:17 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: Another self-inflicted loss to a much less talented team. Hate broken records, but this one is really getting old. The Bengals were outcoached from the beginning. The opponent they played this time was second to last in running the ball, and couldn't rush the passer if they had a Sherman tank. But Bengals still find a way to lose.
GO STRIPES!!!

That I will disagree with.  The Giants have a good record and were at home....I think we can stop saying we are the better team ....The better team won. ....The Giants are the only team to beat Dallas and they have a good record and look play-off bound. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:22 AM)kevin Wrote: That I will disagree with.  The Giants have a good record and were at home....I think we can stop saying we are the better team ....The better team won. ....The Giants are the only team to beat Dallas and they have a good record and look play-off bound. 

Kevin,

The Giants aren't that good of a team bud. We're just that bad !
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:29 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Kevin,

This idea that we have all the talent and more talent.....The Giants are a good team with a good record and were at home. They have a very good defense plus they have Manning to Beckham. ...The Giants are 6-3 and Bengals are 3-5-1.....Someone please explain to me again how Giants aren't that good and Bengals are loaded with more talent. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:22 AM)kevin Wrote: That I will disagree with.  The Giants have a good record and were at home....I think we can stop saying we are the better team ....The better team won. ....The Giants are the only team to beat Dallas and they have a good record and look play-off bound. 

The Giants are shit and their record is smoke and mirrors. Any decent coach would have put them away tonight with how the offense was playing for the first 3 quarters. 

Even with a fat Burfict, the undisciplined play and the absolute garbage the bengals have as coaches, they barely eeked out a loss. 

Marvin Lewis is nothing near a decent coach and his ineffectual style is the reason they lost. I'm sincerely questioning that he's even a man with the passive way he tries to coach this team. Sackless ***** wonder, Marv Lewis--get a lead, play it safe and try to hang of for dear life. 

Pathetic milquetoast passive jackass sham of a faux leader. Go suck on a shit lollipop, Marv.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:36 AM)kevin Wrote: This idea that we have all the talent and more talent.....The Giants are a good team with a good record and were at home. They have a very good defense plus they have Manning to Beckham. ...The Giants are 6-3 and Bengals are 3-5-1.....Someone please explain to me again how Giants aren't that good and Bengals are loaded with more talent. 

Get back with me after the end of the season when the Giants finish 9-7 and don't even make the playoffs.

They're no where near the top teams in the NFL
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:38 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Giants are shit and their record is smoke and mirrors. Any decent coach would have put them away tonight with how the offense was playing for the first 3 quarters. 

Even with a fat Burfict, the undisciplined play and the absolute garbage the bengals have as coaches, they barely eeked out a loss. 

Marvin Lewis is nothing near a decent coach and his ineffectual style is the reason they lost. I'm sincerely questioning that he's even a man with the passive way he tries to coach this team. Sackless ***** wonder, Marv Lewis--get a lead, play it safe and try to hang of for dear life. 

Pathetic milquetoast passive jackass sham of a faux leader. Go suck on a shit lollipop, Marv.
See, that is total bull.....The Giants are a good team at 6-3 and the only team to beat Dallas.....You people do this after every loss on this we have more talent crap. I don't care if we lose to Denver or whoever, it's always this we have more talent crap......Reality is Giants are 6-3 and Bengals are 3-5-1.....Maybe, just maybe we are NOT the better team. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:29 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Kevin,

On so many levels.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:44 AM)kevin Wrote: See, that is total bull.....The Giants are a good team at 6-3 and the only team to beat Dallas.....You people do this after every loss on this we have more talent crap. I don't care if we lose to Denver or whoever, it's always this we have more talent crap......Reality is Giants are 6-3 and Bengals are 3-5-1.....Maybe, just maybe we are NOT the better team. 

Will concede the Giants are a decent team.

But Bengals barely lost with O-line having Dalton run for his life the entire game. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:42 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Get back with me after the end of the season when the Giants finish 9-7 and don't even make the playoffs.

They're no where near the top teams in the NFL

As for now the NFC EAST is the best division in the NFC and Cowboys, Giants and Redskins all are in play-off spots for now.......I wish Bengals were 6-3 like Giants are. .....We could not run block them. We could not pass block them.....Announcers said Giants D has been playing tough.....and I have seen Manning to Beckham a lot.....I wish we were as lousy as 6-3. .....I guess it would just kill us to give some credit to the other teams. We just cling to this idea that we have so much talent. At 3-5-1, it is safe to say we are lacking in talent........Our blocking has been awful this year. Defenses blow up our blocking about every game. We can not run block and we can not pass block. That makes it hard to win. Ravens and Steelers could very easily destroy our O Line in those 3 games left......Maybe Bengals need to work less on those wicky wacky split O Line garbage and go back to practicing basic O Line and get back to basics, because the O Line really needs to get back to basics. All the moving in and out, and in the end they can't block no matter where they line up.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:44 AM)kevin Wrote: See, that is total bull.....The Giants are a good team at 6-3 and the only team to beat Dallas.....You people do this after every loss on this we have more talent crap. I don't care if we lose to Denver or whoever, it's always this we have more talent crap......Reality is Giants are 6-3 and Bengals are 3-5-1.....Maybe, just maybe we are NOT the better team. 

Having more talent doesn't mean you're the better team. The Giants are shit. Luckily for them, the Bengals coaching staff is bigger shit. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Got the Bills, @Ravens, and Eagles next three games. They can easily lose 2 outta 3, if not all 3.

Then @Browns, Steelers, @Texans, Ravens. Probably go 2-2, maybe 1-3.

Yeah, I just cant see this team making the playoffs unless both the Ravens and Steelers somehow are worse down the stretch which wont happen.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 02:56 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Having more talent doesn't mean you're the better team. The Giants are shit. Luckily for them, the Bengals coaching staff is bigger shit. 

Its not all the coaches fault though (I know you werent implying that). Bengals o-line is absolute shit, and been that way all year injury free! This to me is what is killing this team more than anything. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote