Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Biggest Needs going into 2017.
just thinking out loud and it's not too late to begin pondering the 3 immediate needs
going into 2017 no matter who the head coach may be

1. OLB
I had high hopes for Karlos Dansby. I knew his best days were gone. but I thought he had enough
left to be a factor. I was wrong
this team needs a Olb that can hang with the elite TES and pass catching RBS and that can get to the qb

2. WR. the Bengals have physical tall WRs. check
they have a WR that can take a 11 yd slant and turn it in a 65 yd TD. no.
theu lack a burner that can get separation after the catch.
Alford didn't pan out but they didn't bother to find someone with that kind of speed
is there a Corey Coleman or Tavon Austin in the upcoming draft
Boyd is a nice possession WR but he doesn't make guys miss in the open field
LaFell is a rent a WR for one year .
A.J needs help across the field

3. RDE. this defense is on pace for 33 sacks in 2016. Michael Johnson for all his size and strength
it doesn't translate getting the QB down .Clarke is a situational DE at best
Hunt flashes and that's that.
Reply/Quote
Offensive Coordinator.
Offensive line coach.
Head coach.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 10:38 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Offensive Coordinator.
Offensive line coach.
Head coach.

These are our 3 biggest needs.  ^^
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would say the Bengals are 3 or 4 legit players away from winning a chip.
1.) Center- Bodine sucks and he has been a leak week for years
2.)Nickle Dt- we have zero pass rush coming from that position
3.) Wr- agreed we need a legit 2 that can go deep
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I've since been convinced that the players won't be able to overcome poor coaching.

Coaches can have success with sub par rosters. Great players can't compensate for piss poor coaching.

But if we're just talking players, O-Line has to be number 1 on the need list. Andy is developing into a player that can carry this team, rather than be carried by it. But he needs better protection.
Reply/Quote
Offensive line coach.
Head coach.

Preach. Thus concludes thread.
Reply/Quote
Offensive line coach.
Head coach.

Wont argue to much with this idea. Not sure, but can't argue.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 10:26 PM)impactplaya Wrote: just thinking out loud and it's not too late to begin pondering the 3 immediate needs
going into 2017 no matter who the head coach may be

1. OLB
I had high hopes for Karlos Dansby. I knew his best days were gone. but I thought he had enough
left to be a factor. I was wrong
this team needs a Olb that can hang with the elite TES and pass catching RBS and that can get to the qb

2. WR. the Bengals have  physical tall WRs. check
they have a WR that can  take a 11 yd slant and turn it in a 65 yd TD. no.
theu  lack a burner that can get separation after the catch.
Alford didn't pan out but they didn't bother to find someone with that kind of speed
is there a Corey Coleman or Tavon Austin in the upcoming draft
Boyd is a nice possession WR but he doesn't make guys miss in the open field
LaFell is a rent a WR for one year .
A.J needs help across the field

3. RDE. this defense is on pace for 33 sacks in 2016. Michael Johnson for all his size and strength
it doesn't translate getting the QB down .Clarke is a situational DE at best
Hunt flashes and that's that.
Coaches, coaches, coaches, and strength and conditioning improvements.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 10:51 PM)J24 Wrote: I would say the Bengals are 3 or 4 legit players away from winning a chip.
1.) Center- Bodine sucks and he has been a leak week for years
2.)Nickle Dt- we have zero pass rush coming from that position
3.) Wr- agreed we need a legit 2 that can go deep

Winning a chimp? Lmfao if we were only 3 or 4 pieces away we wouldnt be 2-4

I love the confidence, but we are a far way away buddy.

What happend to Michael Johnson? Didnt he have 10+ sacks one year? We cant give up on him if so. He just needs to be coaches up a little.

OLB is a big need, yes, but I think the whole LB crew needs an update, obv besides Burfict. I cant even remember seeing Rey M on the field this year. Does he even have a tackle this year?

WR will be big yes, but could Boyd make the jump to #2wr soon? I have a feeling, he's definitely got all the tools.

I am extremely worried about our OL though. Did we straight whiff on Ogbuehi and Fisher?? This is a position that needs to be fixed QUICK, or our QB will not be in this league long. And our window will officially close for a while if that happens. They are going to get Andy seriously injured, its getting bad.
Reply/Quote
I think Billings could wind up being a starter next year. I don't see Dominated Pecko coming back next year
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 11:19 PM)Gohards Wrote: Winning a chimp? Lmfao if we were only 3 or 4 pieces away we wouldnt be 2-4

I love the confidence, but we are a far way away buddy.

What happend to Michael Johnson? Didnt he have 10+ sacks one year? We cant give up on him if so. He just needs to be coaches up a little.

OLB is a big need, yes, but I think the whole LB crew needs an update, obv besides Burfict. I cant even remember seeing Rey M on the field this year. Does he even have a tackle this year?

WR will be big yes, but could Boyd make the jump to #2wr soon? I have a feeling, he's definitely got all the tools.

I am extremely worried about our OL though. Did we straight whiff on Ogbuehi and Fisher?? This is a position that needs to be fixed QUICK, or our QB will not be in this league long. And our window will officially close for a while if that happens. They are going to get Andy seriously injured, its getting bad.
Weren't we 12-4 last season or did I just imagine that? So if we put Eifert, Nelson, Gilberry, and Marvin Jones back on this team wouldn't you be more confident with this team? 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 11:36 PM)J24 Wrote: Weren't we 12-4 last season or did I just imagine that? So if we put Eifert, Nelson, Gilberry, and Marvin Jones back on this team wouldn't you be more confident with this team? 

Theres this guy name Hue that we lost, has drastically effected us.

Also - going 12-4 does not win the chip. You have to win playoff games to "win a chip". So, in other words, we are not winning a chip with Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
OL
DE
OL

Whit isnt under contract. Hunt isnt under contract. Bodine is Bodine. Zeitler isnt under contract. Clarke is Clarke. MJ is unrecognizable.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 11:19 PM)Gohards Wrote: Winning a chimp? Lmfao if we were only 3 or 4 pieces away we wouldnt be 2-4
The Panthers are 1-5, and they were in the SB last year. 

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 12:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Panthers are 1-5, and they were in the SB last year. 

Again, going to a SB and losing does not win you a chip.

I dont think you guys have a clear understanding of what winning a chip means.
Reply/Quote
I believe we have more than 3 BIG needs heading into 2017. In my estimation at this point in the season, our weaknesses are:

1. Head coach. (has been a need for a LONG while.) Not having good coaches around him (ie, Hue and Vance) is exposing his true skill level as HC, or lack thereof.

2. Offensive coordinator. Sorry Zamp, you ain't cutting it buddy. Gotta be a better option out there.

3. Offensive tackles and a center. Don't know if Big Whit plays another year. Ced hasn't shown crap yet. Bodine sucks.

4. WR. Still searching for another receiving threat to compliment AJ. Lafell is fairing well, but will they resign him? I like Boyd, but in the slot; not as a #2.

5. DT. Geno may not ever be as good as he once was. Peko will be gone eventually. Unknown what Billings can do.

6. LB. Dansby won't be here. Maualuga still blows. Burfict? Who knows. His lack of discipline is starting to aggravate me. Need a stud 
    or 2 back there.

7. All of the secondary is questionable. Jury still out on Jackson. Jones is definitely on the decline. Dennard, Kirkpatrick, Williams, Iloka are all 2nd stringers in my honest opinion. I know we can't replace them all, so maybe move Pacman back to safety and grab the best free agent CB we can get to pair with either DK or Jackson, draft another CB and safety?    

With this many holes that need filled, it's no surprise this team is failing to compete. Strictly my opinion.
Reply/Quote
Who cares about the draft, they won't play lol
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2016, 03:16 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Who cares about the draft, they won't play lol

Lke the guy in your avatar? 

Reply/Quote
I refuse to put OT & CB as a biggest need...just out of pure stubbornness.

Quite simply between the coaching staff and Dennard/Jackson/Ced/Fisher we need to fashion at least 2-3 quality starters otherwise the drain on the other areas of the team is too debilitating.

A lot of it depends on who they resign of course...interior OL is a need and if Zeitler goes you think that's a very high need.

Cannot remember the last time we drafted a highly rated, round 1-2 LB. I know we appear not to value the group as high as perimeter players but we're really making do with UDFA, low draft picks for a while now.

Agreed on a flat out burner WR but I'm not sure you have to go really high to get one of them (although maybe Mario Alford shows you why you do!).
Reply/Quote
Another position area which I think we need to keep an eye on is safety.

Like LB we never go high in this area in the draft and try and scrabble through with pick ups and low draft picks.

Still maintain that Reggie / Iloka were a huge factor in our run of playoff seasons, we got superb production AND it came relatively cheaply which means other areas of squad were invested in both $ and high draft picks.

I'm assuming they'll see out the Iloka/Williams partnership as they've extended both of them so we are kind of locked in but for me improving the safety play is a need (like with most recent draftees I have no clue whether Derron Smith is the answer either...we've not really seen enough of him)
Reply/Quote