Rising
Tyler Boyd
CJ Uzamah
Joe Mixon

Falling
Hardy Nickerson
Carl Lawson
John Ross...

yeah I said Lawson cause he hasnt done anything since preseason. no sacks no forced fumbles..
Reply/Quote
Pretty much correct. Ross is falling like a rock.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 05:18 PM)impactplaya Wrote: you are either getting better or worse.

heres my 3 of each

Rising
Tyler Boyd
CJ Uzamah
Joe Mixon

Falling
Hardy Nickerson
Carl Lawson
John Ross...

yeah I said Lawson cause he hasnt done anything since preseason. no sacks no forced fumbles..

Can't argue with them. I dont think he necessarily has be bad but Jackson hasn't shown me anything to indicate he's a top corner and has been disappointing. 
Reply/Quote
Rising:
Boyd
Vigil
Dennard

Falling:
Williams
Nickerson
Kroft

Hit the ground:
Ross
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 05:18 PM)impactplaya Wrote: you are either getting better or worse.

heres my 3 of each

Rising
Tyler Boyd
CJ Uzamah
Joe Mixon

Falling
Hardy Nickerson
Carl Lawson
John Ross...

RISING  :   Tyler Boyd and Mixon I agree with.

I would suggest Redmond on offense - i actually preferred Westerman at RG pre season. These are his first games as a starter so he's done well the odd penalty aside....still plenty to come.

On defense - Bates definitely ...better than expected as a rookie for me.   I would have also considered Glasgow - he's a limited player but had been contributing before he went dow.

Hubbard - maybe not right now but he needs more time and I think he can be a riser 2nd half.

FALLING :  Honestly i cannot say Ross as I was not expecting a whole lot anyway ..he's where he was last year right now.

Carl Lawson I agree with for now - he's still got the raw talent but its just not coming together - i think he turns it around 2nd half...he could easily go on big run of sacks.

Jordan Evans - with his athleticism he should be a lot more visible and with Brown and Burfict out I kinda feel like he's missed an opportunity at start of season.

WJax is a tough one - i think he's a stud but he's given up two real soft TD's by sitting back too deep and giving an easy inside option last 2 games...he's better than that but needs to show it....slow start.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 05:23 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Rising:
Boyd
Vigil
Dennard

Falling:
Williams
Nickerson
Kroft

Hit the ground:
Ross

Add Billings to the hit the ground list.
Reply/Quote
Based on my expectations

Boyd and Vigil rising.

Lawson and Ross dropping.
Reply/Quote
Jackson was listening to his off season
praise by PFF.
hes gotten beat by 2 different types of WRs
too many easy releases. unexcusable
Reply/Quote
Rising

Boyd
Mixon
Fej

Falling

Williams
Kirkpatrick
Evans

Rock bottom feeder Ogbuehi status - Ross
Reply/Quote
Rising:
Eifert
Bates (despite subpar play yesterday)
Burfict (oh ya, he's rising alright, this D needs him)

Falling:
Mixon (injury gonna last longer than expected)
GENO ATKINS, YA I SAID IT
Sanzenbacher (where was this guy yesterday when we needed him? blame the coaches on that one)

These threads are unfair after a loss IMO. Simlar to the 'Is Andy Elite?" threads a day after a 4int game. I could've posted an 'Is Andy Elite' thread after his 4TD game, but didn't because that's dumb.

Guys will have ups and downs. Guys who looked terrible last week will look great against Atlanta. Just how it goes.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 05:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Add Billings to the hit the ground list.

Agreed guy hasn’t made a play since the Buffalo preseason game. We need him to be a run stuffing NT ,he’s been nonexistent thus far.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 05:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Jackson was listening to his off season
praise by PFF.

Agreed. Two games now where he has been beat for a TD because he's play 5 yards off when then need a 1 yard TD. Not sure how much of that is design of the defense but he's been flat footed both times. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 07:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Rising:
Eifert
Bates (despite subpar play yesterday)
Burfict (oh ya, he's rising alright, this D needs him)

Falling:
Mixon (injury gonna last longer than expected)
GENO ATKINS, YA I SAID IT
Sanzenbacher (where was this guy yesterday when we needed him? blame the coaches on that one)

These threads are unfair after a loss IMO. Simlar to the 'Is Andy Elite?" threads a day after a 4int game. I could've posted an 'Is Andy Elite' thread after his 4TD game, but didn't because that's dumb.

Guys will have ups and downs. Guys who looked terrible last week will look great against Atlanta. Just how it goes.

Is this a joke that Erickson = Sanzenbacher?

Reply/Quote
Up
Boyd- guy has been a beast so far
Eifert- looks like his old self
CJ UZ- he looks like a starter

Down
Nick Vigil- Since a beast first week he looks like a back up player all his tackles are 5 yards up feild .
Nickerson- back up player at best
Vontaz- what away to let the team down by getting suspended.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 10:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is this a joke that Erickson = Sanzenbacher?

I believe it was his attempt at lampooning this thread.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 05:35 PM)sonofstat Wrote: WJax is a tough one - i think he's a stud but he's given up two real soft TD's by sitting back too deep and giving an easy inside option last 2 games...he's better than that but needs to show it....slow start.

(09-24-2018, 05:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Jackson was listening to his off season
praise by PFF.

(09-24-2018, 10:03 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Agreed. Two games now where he has been beat for a TD because he's play 5 yards off when then need a 1 yard TD. Not sure how much of that is design of the defense but he's been flat footed both times. 

Jackson is playing his coverages according to what either the DC or the secondary coach are telling him. He doesn't choose to play off coverage.
Reply/Quote
Rising:
Bates
Hart
Boyd

Falling:
Boling
WJIII
Billings
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 05:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: Pretty much correct. Ross is falling like a rock.

Ross is a deep threat receiver only, Bengals are trying to turn him into baby AJ or Ocho Cinco. Take advantage of his speed going deep like they did with Chris Henry. Hes a buck 0 5 wet and you want him to run reverses and quick hits. Air the ball out and let him run under it, What Ninja  what you say Ninja ? We have a QB who cant throw accurately deep? well why the heck did we draft Ross then.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2018, 12:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Rising:
Bates
Hart
Boyd

Falling:
Boling
WJIII
Billings

Boling? 

Surprised to see him on there. Think he's still our most consistently performing O Lineman.
Reply/Quote

heres my 3 of each

Rising
Tyler Boyd
CJ Uzamah
Joe Mixon

Falling
Hardy Nickerson
Carl Lawson
John Ross...

I like yours.  Just to be different:

Three Risers:

Jesse Bates- Solid deep safety and has looked pretty good tackling, which was the only real early concern

Sam Hubbard- Yes, missed an easy fumble recovery, but partially blocked a punt and is clearly a play maker.

Alex Redmond-  One BS holding penalty notwithstanding, he is probably our most physical linemen.  If only Price was next to him instead of Hopkins

Three Fallers:  

Geno Atkins-  Did absolutely nothing against Panthers.  Hall of Famers don't disappear.

Shawn Williams-  Can we please go back to Fej?

Teryl Austin-  Chuck Breshnahan 2.0, although this version took the blame which is a nice change but we need to see a more aggressive defense against Atlanta.
Reply/Quote