Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 take aways from today's game..
1-The run defense/tackling was god awful today..we got pushed around up front today, this was one of Lou's worst days in a long time..

2-The pass rush was nowhere to be found..We didn't win many pass rush match-ups today we won't win many games like this, lou gonna have to willing to take more risk because this rush is just not getting it done..

3-This running game has been pathetic since zac Taylor came here,it's like he doesn't even have them try to find ways to get the run game going during the week..We live in the shotgun 94% of time, can we please get under center run some power plays, pulling plays, trap plays ect??I think that if zac spent some time in installs on the running game we can get it going more,we have to try to fix this run game if not I can tell you right now the season is over..
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:29 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: 1-The run defense/tackling was god awful today..we got pushed around up front today, this was one of Lou's worst days in a long time..

2-The pass rush was nowhere to be found..We didn't win many pass rush match-ups today we won't win many games like this, lou gonna have to willing to take more risk because this rush is just not getting it done..

3-This running game has been pathetic since zac Taylor came here,it's like he doesn't even have them try to find ways to get the run game going during the week..We live in the shotgun 94% of time, can we please get under center run some power plays, pulling plays, trap plays ect??I think that if zac spent some time in installs on the running game we can get it going more,we have to try to fix this run game if not I can tell you right now the season is over..

2 take aways I had:

1- We do NOT have three #1 WRs.
2- We are NOT in danger of losing Lou to a HC job.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: 2 take aways I had:

Don't recall anyone ever calling Boyd a #1 WR.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't recall anyone ever calling Boyd a #1 WR.

If you never heard people saying we have 3 #1s online then you dont go online.  Some here have said that in the past, much less the simpletons on X.  The real question is, do we really have 2 #1s?

Reply/Quote
Tbh there's not a great deal to takeaway from a game like that in my opinion. Just one of those flatout awful performances, which we're unlikely to repeat all that often. I expect us to play the Ravens hard on Thursday (even if I think we'll lose).

Big step back for the defence. I'm not saying this to pin the loss on them, but they gave up a ridiculous amount of yards and every other play was a big play to Noah Brown seemingly. They've been really poor at letting teams go for silly yards per play and while this was the worst so far, it's not likely we can expect them to turn that around, as they haven't done all year. Hopefully they still keep PPG low as that has been a strength. In all seriousness 30 points probably was us doing a good job of limiting the number of points Houston should've had.

Just a mess, and I expect a reaction from the team moving forward. They do usually respond well to these let downs at least.
Reply/Quote

Lou goes as the overall talent on defense goes. Losing Bates and Bell made him worse.
Reply/Quote
1 take away I had was that this Bengals team is nothing more than average or will be after Thurs nite loss putting them at 5-5. Actually they are worse than average according to several NFL team rankings offense and defense. Good, solid teams don't lose games to a rookie QB with 8 players out or injured. I don't care how many yards Stroud has the last 2 weeks this Lou defense should have been able to slow him down and not let him march up and down the field at will. Good teams, really good teams find ways to win. We had 2 starters out, Hubbard and Higgins. They had 8 out but don't think all 8 were starters. Didn't seem to slow them down one bit.

I don't think these Bengals are all that special like the media likes to push them to be. They were shown how to play NFL football today by a rookie QB with 8 backup players.
Reply/Quote
Sometimes the offense needs to step up and win the games.. considering how much $$$$$$$$$$$$ we've invested in it, there should be no excuses.....
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 09:01 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: 1 take away I had was that this Bengals team is nothing more than average or will be after Thurs nite loss putting them at 5-5. Actually they are worse than average according to several NFL team rankings offense and defense. Good, solid teams don't lose games to a rookie QB with 8 players out or injured. I don't care how many yards Stroud has the last 2 weeks this Lou defense should have been able to slow him down and not let him march up and down the field at will. Good teams, really good teams find ways to win. We had 2 starters out, Hubbard and Higgins. They had 8 out but don't think all 8 were starters. Didn't seem to slow them down one bit.

I don't think these Bengals are all that special like the media likes to push them to be. They were shown how to play NFL football today by a rookie QB with 8 backup players.

Yes that was a clinic on how good football was supposed to look..Houston offensive and defensive played about as good as I've ever seen two lines play, and the play calling was a masterpiece 
Reply/Quote

Tyler Boyd is trash. I never forgave him for the superbowl drop... 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 09:45 PM)Tony Wrote: Tyler Boyd is trash. I never forgave him for the superbowl drop... 

I can do one better.

Remember Awuzie's interception in the SB?  We had the ball in the redzone after that pick and on 3rd down Boyd and CJ were out wide to the right.  CJ was the furthest out and took the safety out of the play with a deep skinny post, Boyd had a choice a route with the CB playing way inside.  Instead of reading the CB and cutting outside for a TD, Boyd inexplicably broke inside into the CB.  Burrow pumped towards the outroute and had to stop his throwing motion and then was immediately sacked.  We had to settle for a FG instead of putting a dagger in the Rams. 

That was the first time I can remember Burrow being upset at a WR, he was very animated with the his arms pointing to the route Boyd should have taken on their way back to the sideline.  Just a pathetic play by a $10M veteran. 

Reply/Quote
3 take aways
Defense could not stop drives
We did not run enough
Burrow was out played by Stroud
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Historically bad!

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:02 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I can do one better.

Remember Awuzie's interception in the SB?  We had the ball in the redzone after that pick and on 3rd down Boyd and CJ were out wide to the right.  CJ was the furthest out and took the safety out of the play with a deep skinny post, Boyd had a choice a route with the CB playing way inside.  Instead of reading the CB and cutting outside for a TD, Boyd inexplicably broke inside into the CB.  Burrow pumped towards the outroute and had to stop his throwing motion and then was immediately sacked.  We had to settle for a FG instead of putting a dagger in the Rams. 

That was the first time I can remember Burrow being upset at a WR, he was very animated with the his arms pointing to the route Boyd should have taken on their way back to the sideline.  Just a pathetic play by a $10M veteran. 

Boyd has pretty much been one of the most overrated Bengals ever since his rookie season. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:16 PM)Whatever Wrote: Boyd has pretty much been one of the most overrated Bengals ever since his rookie season. 

That was a bad drop by him in this game and what Casaer said was also inexcusable.

Boyd is just falling off, he was a top Slot WR there for a while but clutch is what I used to think of him until the SB and last night.

That was an easy catch todayt for the win, Boyd should of made it and he knows it.

My 1 take away from this game is we lost and are 5-4 and need to concentrate on beating the Ravens on Thursday night.

That is all.
Reply/Quote
1 - Taylor still doesn’t understand the importance of play action and running plays with the QB under center

2 - caching staff is far from elite

3 - the free agent signings this year were garbage. The team is worse this year and the playoffs window is slowly closing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Boyd also had the huge catch and run to get down there, as well.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Historically bad!

Any chance Lou will be on Pat McAfee again this week.......?

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:28 PM)Destro Wrote: Boyd also had the huge catch and run to get down there, as well.

True. Need to finish though damn it.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 10:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That was a bad drop by him in this game and what Casaer said was also inexcusable.

Boyd is just falling off, he was a top Slot WR there for a while but clutch is what I used to think of him until the SB and last night.

That was an easy catch todayt for the win, Boyd should of made it and he knows it.

My 1 take away from this game is we lost and are 5-4 and need to concentrate on beating the Ravens on Thursday night.

That is all.

I think we need to be easier on Boyd. The dude did have a 64 yard catch on the final drive and 124 yards overall today. The drop was bad but he did make his fair share of plays as well.

As for my three observations.

1.) The Interior of both lines are frustrating. On offense we gave up 3 sacks to an average DT and on defense we gave up over 150 yards rushing.

2.) The defense misses Bates and Bell in the back of the secondary. How many times are we going to let WRs go uncovered in the middle field?

3.) We played like complete donkey shit and yet if it wasnfor a bad drop we pull this game out. A lot of concerns but this team still has the ability to win it all.

https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote