Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$350K to eat with Hillary
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/hillary-clinton-george-clooney-fundraiser-221207

Quote:It will cost more than four times the average income in San Francisco to have dinner next to Hillary Clinton and the Clooneys there next month.
For two seats at the head table with Clinton, George Clooney and his wife, attorney Amal Clooney, at an April 15 fundraiser, a couple must contribute or raise a whopping $353,400 — a huge ticket price for a hard-dollar fundraiser.

Good thing she is just simple folk and nothing more than your Abuela
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
This happens all the time although I've never heard of it ever costing that much for a "Head Table" seat. 

What happens is that people in the back will pay $100.00 and as the tables get closer to the head table, the price goes up. It's that whole "I'm better than you because I have lots of disposable income which makes me special" thing that Democrats hate so much...wait Ninja
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/election-2016-campaign-money-race.html?_r=0

And? This is nothing new. Spend the most, get closer to power. I do find it kind of funny that bush and Clinton were two of the biggest raisers (and the two highest pacs cash) but only one is in now.
(03-27-2016, 08:54 PM)Benton Wrote: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/election-2016-campaign-money-race.html?_r=0

And? This is nothing new. Spend the most, get closer to power. I do find it kind of funny that bush and Clinton were two of the biggest raisers (and the two highest pacs cash) but only one is in now.

That's because Emperor is letting one slide until summer. LOL
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
And here I was thinking she was the type of candidate I could have a beer with!
(03-27-2016, 08:54 PM)Benton Wrote: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/election-2016-campaign-money-race.html?_r=0

Not sure what the link was supposed to show. I can only assume there was a point.

Well. Eating the souls of sacrificed puppies is not an activity designed for the poor.
(03-27-2016, 10:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure what the link was supposed to show. I can only assume there was a point.

With the thread? Agreed, I'm certain there was a point.

Somewhere .

Maybe?
(03-27-2016, 09:00 PM)6andcounting Wrote: That's because Emperor is letting one slide until summer. LOL

The Golden one can be merciful, albeit rare.
Perhaps creating a false sense of security?

Deus Vult !!
Gotta stay ahead of Bern and get the cahs ready to firght Trump (any other Republican and she'll have it in the bag).
(03-27-2016, 10:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure what the link was supposed to show. I can only assume there was a point.

*snark*

But solid post.

As to the topic...was there a message about the cost or the dinner or Clinton or was this just a copy and paste to up personal stats?

Fundraising dinners happen..a lot.  Even when already elected.

Heck fundraising is the only thing some of these people do.

Wait!  Is this suppose to mean that Clinton isn't really a "woman of the people"?  As if any of the multi-millionaires running for POTUS are now?

I wish I knew what the intended point was.  Its so much easier when a poster gives an opinion rather than snrkilty replies to everyone else and then says "I didn't say that".  Sad
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-28-2016, 07:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: I wish I knew what the intended point was.  Its so much easier when a poster gives an opinion rather than snrkilty replies to everyone else and then says "I didn't say that".  Sad

Bfine  is buried so deep in the echo chamber that he actually believes Hillary is th only candidate that does anything like this.

That explains why the entire thread is meaningless to the rest of us. (except maybe Vlad)
I think somebody is paying that money to dine with George Clooney, not CLinton.

One side is doing everything they can to keep a certain candidate from getting the nomination and it's not working.

The other side is doing everything it can to hand the nomination to a certain candidate and it's working.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(03-28-2016, 04:55 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: One side is doing everything they can to keep a certain candidate from getting the nomination and it's not working.

The other side is doing everything it can to hand the nomination to a certain candidate and it's working.

True. But outside of access to party donor and voter info, that doesn't matter much to their individual fundraising efforts. If a Bush or a Clinton use their connections to get people to pony up obscene amounts of money, that doesn't stop the party powers that be from supporting or not supporting someone. Towards the end, Sanders was raising large sums to compete against Clinton, that didn't do much to change the party directive, or to stop Clinton donors from donating.
(03-28-2016, 02:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bfine  is buried so deep in the echo chamber that he actually believes Hillary is th only candidate that does anything like this.

That explains why the entire thread is meaningless to the rest of us. (except maybe Vlad)

Tell it to Bernie Sanders. As a complaint by him is what brought it to my attention.

I will keep in mind the stance that it is "meaningless" if the other candidates do it; regardless as to what extreme.

(03-28-2016, 06:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will keep in mind the stance that it is "meaningless" if the other candidates do it; regardless as to what extreme.

All the Republican candidates are too busy lining up to suck Sheldon Adelson's dick for millions of dollars.  They don't have time for as paltry $350K dinner.

But you  know nothing of this, amirite?

[Image: 12821334_781566538641227_589319128432318...e=57873567]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-28-2016, 08:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All the Republican candidates are too busy lining up to suck Sheldon Adelson's dick for millions of dollars.  They don't have time for as paltry $350K dinner.

But you  know nothing of this, amirite?

Are you talking to me or Bernie?

(03-28-2016, 08:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you talking to me or Bernie?

You.

You are the one ignorant of what your Republicans are doing.  Bernie knows all about it and will bring it up when/if he is in a general election.