Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd QB in NFL History
(01-23-2022, 06:53 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: How quickly we forget there was discussion he might refuse to sign if we took him.

I don’t think anyone actually ever believed that. It was more so Carson Palmer being an idiot in an interview that fuelled the non-existent fire.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Of course they did. Were they supposed to say "It's all about the Benjamin's"?

We gave them VERY good contracts, and the FO sought out these players. Not Joe Burrow.

I'm all for giving credit where it's due, but sometimes it feels like people are bordering on worship of Joe.

It's not ALL him.

No one is building him an alter yet.

There's still two more wins needed for that.  That reminds me, need to make sure there is enough room on the old Home Depot card.  How much would you say it costs to build an alter?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:31 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No one is building him an alter yet.

There's still two more wins needed for that.  That reminds me, need to make sure there is enough room on the old Home Depot card.  How much would you say it costs to build an alter?

Or you can do what I did and build a shrine. You can expand from there.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mixon, Chase, Higgins, Bates, Wilson, Hubbard, etc were drafted by the team.

Also, in the future I'll agree with ya, but I doubt a rookie QB or one with a 2-7-1 record was the #1 reason we were able to land Reader, Hendrickson, Ogunjobi, Hill, Hilton, Awuzie, Bell, etc.

We landed those guys because the FO opened the wallet, and they were also very smart as far as the type of guys they went after.

Joe deserves credit for a lot of things. A lot. But the front office also deserves credit.

Reader straight up said he chose us over Denver because Burrow>>>Lock.

But yes, I agree, Duke has been killing it in FA and the draft lately.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Of course they did. Were they supposed to say "It's all about the Benjamin's"?

We gave them VERY good contracts, and the FO sought out these players. Not Joe Burrow.

I'm all for giving credit where it's due, but sometimes it feels like people are bordering on worship of Joe.

It's not ALL him.

And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. We waited a long, long time to have a QB like this.

It doesn’t mean there’s not plenty of other great players on the team. All the best QB’s throughout history had plenty of help.

But make no mistake - Joe Burrow is the #1 reason this franchise has turned around so quickly.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 07:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. We waited a long, long time to have a QB like this.

It doesn’t mean there’s not plenty of other great players on the team. All the best QB’s throughout history had plenty of help.

But make no mistake - Joe Burrow is the #1 reason this franchise has turned around so quickly.

If you want to do that, fine, but I don't respect the opinions of those who can't be fair and honest, and are instead blinded by fanboyism. I am a BENGALS fan, first and foremost, as we all should be, and Joe is just one of many Bengals.

Yes, Joe is the biggest reason for our success, but when a team has this much success, many people deserve credit. I know I'm being fair and logical here, so I will be adamant. I think it's ok to admit Joe got some help from the front office.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If you want to do that, fine, but I don't respect the opinions of those who can't be fair and honest, and are instead blinded by fanboyism. I am a BENGALS fan, first and foremost, as we all should be, and Joe is just one of many Bengals.

Yes, Joe is the biggest reason for our success, but when a team has this much success, many people deserve credit. I know I'm being fair and logical here, so I will be adamant. I think it's ok to admit Joe got some help from the front office.

And the defense.  Might be the biggest reason for our success this season.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If you want to do that, fine, but I don't respect the opinions of those who can't be fair and honest, and are instead blinded by fanboyism. I am a BENGALS fan, first and foremost, as we all should be, and Joe is just one of many Bengals.

This type of honesty will get you labeled as being negative around this parts......

To the fanboys - It is possible to be a fan of a team and want them to win while still being critical of players short comings or them having a bad game. It is possible to love the team and dislike a certain player on that team...like when the Bengals signed Terrell Owens. 

No one player wins alone. No one player loses alone. No one player is bigger than the team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:04 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And the defense.  Might be the biggest reason for our success this season.

Big turnaround for them, and they had an absolute dream game against the Titans.

Credit to Joe for an amazing game under record setting duress (which I'm sure inspired his teammates), but what an amazing game for the defense and Sir Kicks-a-Lot.

Credit also to the staff (especially Lou), and the FO for assembling it all. I'll always remember this team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Slightly off topic, but I just seen Chase is the first rookie WR with multiple 100 yard receiving games in first year playoffs
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If you want to do that, fine, but I don't respect the opinions of those who can't be fair and honest, and are instead blinded by fanboyism. I am a BENGALS fan, first and foremost, as we all should be, and Joe is just one of many Bengals.

Wow.

It sounds like we’re in agreement here, so I’m not sure what the problem is.

And I do give credit to the FO. That’s why I posted a tweet earlier talking about Duke Tobin for executive of the year.

Also, it’s weird that for a “blind fanboy” I didn’t award Burrow a game ball in either of our playoff wins… Rolleyes

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 08:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wow.

It sounds like we’re in agreement here, so I’m not sure what the problem is.

And I do give credit to the FO. That’s why I posted a tweet earlier talking about Duke Tobin for executive of the year.

Also, it’s weird that for a “blind fanboy” I didn’t award Burrow a game ball in either of our playoff wins… Rolleyes

I was speaking in general there. Wasn't calling you a fanboy. 

Anyways, what started this was me saying the following:

"Part of this credit goes to Burrow, but part of it should go to how quickly the FO rebuilt this team, spending plenty in FA and hitting on so many picks."

A few posts later, you seemed to be responding to me (indirectly) when you made this post:

"It’s a lot easier to sign good FA’s when you have a true franchise QB. Just sayin"

Hence my response. I just don't see why Joe has to be credited for absolutely everything. I'd like to be able to show the FO some love too, without it being spun into another feather in Joe's cap. 
Reply/Quote