Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4-11-1
[Image: fitzpatrick14--nfl_large_590_Unlimited.j...height=465]

Hilarious  Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well technically we were 0-4 with Palmer and 4-7-1 with "Crazy Legs" Fitzpatrick.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 06:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well technically we were 0-4 with Palmer and 4-7-1 with "Crazy Legs" Fitzpatrick.
Crazy Legs seemed to lead the league in balls batted down at the line... What an awful season that was...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Ugh. Please don't remind me of that season
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 09:33 PM)jason Wrote: Crazy Legs seemed to lead the league in balls batted down at the line... What an awful season that was...

No doubt. Fortunately, there were good things that happened that year. Namely, hiring Zimmer and signing Benson. Those 2 things helped us rebound the following season at least. I was going to mention the 2008 draft as a positive, but I just looked it up and it was possibly the worst draft under Lewis/Tobin.

1. Keith Rivers
2. Jerome Simpson
3. Phat Sims
3. Andre Caldwell
4. Anthony Collins
5. Jason (don't call me) Shirley
6. Corey Lynch
6. Matt Sherry
7. Angelo Craig
7. Mario Urrutia (another WR named Mario who is probably a plumber now)
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 06:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well technically we were 0-4 with Palmer and 4-7-1 with "Crazy Legs" Fitzpatrick.

Eh? What season was that? 

[Image: tumblr_myod82YgrU1rcwa0zo3_250.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 12:07 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Eh? What season was that? 

[Image: tumblr_myod82YgrU1rcwa0zo3_250.gif]

Sorry, man. Didn't mean to trigger your Bengals PTSD. LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 09:33 PM)jason Wrote: Crazy Legs seemed to lead the league in balls batted down at the line... What an awful season that was...

No Offensive Line in 2008....Number One job is protect the QB.  Carson got destroyed early and often from preseason on.  ...With Carson injured, the job fell to Fitz....as soon as the ball was snapped the D was in the backfield. Poor Fitz had to run for his life as soon as he got the ball from center....Good thing he was fast....with no blocking and defense just pouring in as if no line, yes, there was batted balls. ....No Offensive Line in 2008.  Old age, injuries and some stupid draft picks Bengals thought would work out, just an awful O Line. ...The best QB ever that you can think of could not have won with that team, and would have got destroyed. No O Line, no blocking.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 06:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well technically we were 0-4 with Palmer and 4-7-1 with "Crazy Legs" Fitzpatrick.

I think this was tounge in cheek, but let's be clear about something - Fitz was setup to fail. I have a lot of respect for the guy, and our secondary better be ready for him and his pals tomorrow.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:11 AM)Utts Wrote: I think this was tounge in cheek, but let's be clear about something - Fitz was setup to fail. I have a lot of respect for the guy, and our secondary better be ready for him and his pals tomorrow.

Yea, you can have respect for the guy while simultaneously acknowledging the trainwreck he was in 2008. He had something like a 2.2 TD percentage that season. Like how is that even possible.

He is a lot better now though. Someone along the way turned him into a quality player.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 05:11 AM)Utts Wrote: I think this was tounge in cheek, but let's be clear about something - Fitz was setup to fail. I have a lot of respect for the guy, and our secondary better be ready for him and his pals tomorrow.

I know it was tongue in cheek. I just always found it interesting that Fitz was able to guide that team to a better record than Palmer.

Honestly, I think it had a lot to do with Ced Benson and focusing on the run game. The o-line just wasn't pass protecting well.

(09-11-2016, 08:32 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Yea, you can have respect for the guy while simultaneously acknowledging the trainwreck he was in 2008. He had something like a 2.2 TD percentage that season. Like how is that even possible.

He is a lot better now though. Someone along the way turned him into a quality player.

Yeah he definitely came a long way, starting with the Bills. Last year was a career year for him. He's actually a pretty solid starter now, but he's still mistake prone.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 11:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No doubt. Fortunately, there were good things that happened that year. Namely, hiring Zimmer and signing Benson. Those 2 things helped us rebound the following season at least. I was going to mention the 2008 draft as a positive, but I just looked it up and it was possibly the worst draft under Lewis/Tobin.

1. Keith Rivers
2. Jerome Simpson
3. Phat Sims
3. Andre Caldwell
4. Anthony Collins
6. Corey Lynch
6. Matt Sherry
7. Angelo Craig

That draft for the NFL in general wasn't that strong, IMO.  Looking at it overall, despite a limited production for the Bengals, I'd say we still did well in comparison to the league in that the first 5 picks each played at least 7 years in the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:18 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: That draft for the NFL in general wasn't that strong, IMO.  Looking at it overall, despite a limited production for the Bengals, I'd say we still did well in comparison to the league in that the first 5 picks each played at least 7 years in the NFL.

Idk. There were some busts like always, but there were plenty of good players in that draft, IMO:

Jake Long
Chris Long
Matt Ryan
Run DMC (he's dealt w/ injuries, but has 7400 yards from scrimmage in 8 seasons)
Jerod Mayo
Ryan Clady
Jonathan Stewart
Brandon Albert
DRC
Joe Flacco
Aqib Talib
Rashard Mendenhall
CJ2K
Mike Jenkins
Duane Brown
Dustin Keller

That's just from the first round. There were some pretty big names in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as well and a lot of talent through out. I just think we had a bad draft that year. Anthony Collins was a valuable spot starter for us, but when he was the highlight of that draft for us, I'd say that's pretty weak. Even the best drafting teams miss sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:34 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk. There were some busts like always, but there were plenty of good players in that draft, IMO:

Jake Long
Chris Long
Matt Ryan
Run DMC (he's dealt w/ injuries, but has 7400 yards from scrimmage in 8 seasons)
Jerod Mayo
Ryan Clady
Jonathan Stewart
Brandon Albert
DRC
Joe Flacco
Aqib Talib
Rashard Mendenhall
CJ2K
Mike Jenkins
Duane Brown
Dustin Keller

That's just from the first round. There were some pretty big names in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as well and a lot of talent through out. I just think we had a bad draft that year. Anthony Collins was a valuable spot starter for us, but when he was the highlight of that draft for us, I'd say that's pretty weak. Even the best drafting teams miss sometimes.

I'm not saying there weren't any quality guys, but overall the class underwhelmed.

Neither of the Longs lived up to expectations, for example.

Mendenhall and Keller didn't have lengthy careers.

Johnson has had a re-birth, but he fizzled out for awhile.

You get the idea.  The class isn't sending a bunch of guys to the HOF...
Reply/Quote
I love how McNabb said he didn't even know you could tie a game in an interview after that LOL What a circus of a year that was.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2016, 11:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No doubt. Fortunately, there were good things that happened that year. Namely, hiring Zimmer and signing Benson. Those 2 things helped us rebound the following season at least. I was going to mention the 2008 draft as a positive, but I just looked it up and it was possibly the worst draft under Lewis/Tobin.

1. Keith Rivers
2. Jerome Simpson
3. Phat Sims
3. Andre Caldwell
4. Anthony Collins
6. Corey Lynch
6. Matt Sherry
7. Angelo Craig

Collins (Edit: Meant Caldwell guys) has a ring now. Phat Sims is playing with us again. 

Fitz didn't have much to work with that year -- I remember Ocho and Housh were injured some games IIRC. 

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:06 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Collins has a ring now. Phat Sims is playing with us again. 

Fitz didn't have much to work with that year -- I remember Ocho and Housh were injured some games IIRC. 

Clearly he didn't get one here, and the only other team he has played for is TB.  They won the SB in 2002, but that was their only appearance.

So....  where are you getting that idea?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Clearly he didn't get one here, and the only other team he has played for is TB.  They won the SB in 2002, but that was their only appearance.

So....  where are you getting that idea?

He meant Caldwell, but Caldwell wasn't anything special in Denver. His best season was 2013 with 16 catches. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I was at the game Palmer injured his elbow against the Giants. He had a great game that game but was never the same after if you ask me.
Reply/Quote