Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4-11-1
(09-11-2016, 06:13 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: He meant Caldwell, but Caldwell wasn't anything special in Denver. His best season was 2013 with 16 catches. 

Yeah...too many beers during the game. Meant Andre Caldwell all the way there. 

Speaking of ex-players Reggie Nelson led Raiders in tackles today (7 solos, 1 assisted). Not unhappy with our D but I still miss that guy.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:53 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'm not saying there weren't any quality guys, but overall the class underwhelmed.

Neither of the Longs lived up to expectations, for example.

Mendenhall and Keller didn't have lengthy careers.

Johnson has had a re-birth, but he fizzled out for awhile.

You get the idea.  The class isn't sending a bunch of guys to the HOF...

Agreed, but there were plenty of better players than the ones we drafted. That's my point. We had a bad draft one year, it's ok.

(09-11-2016, 06:06 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Collins has a ring now. Phat Sims is playing with us again. 

Fitz didn't have much to work with that year -- I remember Ocho and Housh were injured some games IIRC. 

I don't recall Housh being injured that year and he caught 92 balls. It wasn't the best supporting cast, but I don't think that excuses how awful Fitz was. He was like Akili Smith bad...almost. He did say he learned a lot in Cincy though and the starting experience helped him in Buffalo.

Not sure how Collins has a ring and even if that were true, it doesn't mean Collins or Sims were anything special. It was a one bad draft. I think it's ok to admit that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not sure how Collins has a ring and even if that were true, it doesn't mean Collins or Sims were anything special. It was a one bad draft. I think it's ok to admit that.

It isn't...I meant Caldwell. Will edit it and go work in the yard until I sober up. 

Speaking of ex-Bengals players, not only did Reggie Nelson has 7 solo tackles and one assist today but Terence Newman had 6 solos and 1 assist. That dude is freaking ageless. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 06:29 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Speaking of ex-Bengals players, not only did Reggie Nelson has 7 solo tackles and one assist today but Terence Newman had 6 solos and 1 assist. That dude is freaking ageless. 

We'll miss Reggie, but Shaun played well today. Newman is just a freak. Some guys just age well. Jerry Rice, Charles Woodson and Darrell Green come to mind. I remember when I didn't want to draft Newman in 2003 because he was a 25 year old rookie. Had no idea he'd still be able to play 14+ years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote