Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 & 2, just beat Chiefs, play G-Bay later without Rodgers - Division likley for Pitt
(10-16-2017, 01:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bears and Jags can both run the ball. Those games will depend on us being able to stop that.

I honestly think the Jaguars are a team on the rise.

Jag's definitely on the rise. A beast rb, Tom Coughing, & an emerging defense is propelling them forward.

Gonna be tough to win the division. Rumors of Romo to GB. No sure if he helps them much with their banged up o-line, but he might.
Reply/Quote
It sucks to be rival to a team that just seems to always play at a higher level of intensity and desire to win.

If our players reacted to mediocrity the way they did after the Houston game, I think our team would be a consistent AFC contender. I really do.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:54 PM)thillan Wrote: It sucks to be rival to a team that just seems to always play at a higher level of intensity and desire to win.

If our players reacted to mediocrity the way they did after the Houston game, I think our team would be a consistent AFC contender. I really do.

It comes from the Top. The Steelers invest all resources into winning.

With less cap space than us they:

1) Extended Brown
2) Extended DeCastro
3) Extended Tuitt
4) Extended Villaneuva
5) Tagged Bell
6) Signed Haden

The Bengals:
1) Let Whitworth Walk
2) Low-balled Zeitler with a reported $5.5 million offer. DeCastro got $10 million.
3) Extended Burfict
4) Signed Minter to a 1 year deal
5) Signed a career RT in Andre Smith to play Guard

WHICH TEAM is more dedicated to winning?

Had Bengals management ran the Steelers, they would have likely:
1) Not extended Brown
2) Let Decastro Walk (Comp Pick!!!)
3) Extended Tuitt
4) Not extended Villaneueva
5) Let Bell Walk
6) Not signed Haden
Reply/Quote
The Steelers are beatable not sure why anyone would be afraid of them.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Driving the point home. THIS is the guy you picked as our enforcer.

[Image: nfl-andre-smith-running.jpg]

Having Andre be the Enforcer would have the added benefit of causing extra embarrassment to the Steelers.

Imagine the Slow Motion instant replays of a Flying Pancake Block by Andre on a Steeler.

That Slow Motion image could open an ESPN or NFL Network wrap up show.

People would not want to look but can't look away.

Michael Irvin and Deon Sanders giving commentary on Andre's form.

I'd take it... Mellow
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals are destined to make playoffs ?

then this weeks game is HUMONGOUS !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Who would be the Burfict on offense that could maybe handle Mike Mitchell? Joe Mixon maybe? Or Jeremy Hill?

Whoever does will surely be suspended so I'd vote Hill because everyone around here wants him benched anyway...that said, I think I once heard something about Mixon having a mean right hook? Can't remember, probably only heard it once in passing Ninja Could be useful if you want to go that route 
Reply/Quote
Yep might as well not play the remaining 11/(10) games... The season is already decided....

Oh wait its not.

I don't see how anyone says pitt is gonna take the division after the game vs Jacksonville. Even with the game vs KC.
Reply/Quote
0-1: Season over, sack everyone and raze the stadium.
2-3: PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Just take it one game at a time. Pittsburgh may be in the SB. Or they may skid the next 10 games. Who cares?

We've got almost 2/3rds of the schedule left. Let's see what happens and not worry about what's going on somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 02:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yep might as well not play the remaining 11/(10) games...  The season is already decided....

Oh wait its not.

I don't see how anyone says pitt is gonna take the division after the game vs Jacksonville.  Even with the game vs KC.

Pitt has the inside track and gets to face the Packers later without Rodgers.

So who is going to win the Division ?

A Chance to call your shot here... Rock On
Reply/Quote
The thing is, this NFL season has been strange, no team looks elite and the Steelers seem to play down to competition and lose, they lost to a bad Bears team and average Jags team. They have some games coming up that they could easily lose besides us.. (Lions, Colts, Ravens Patriots Texans.)
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 03:00 PM)depthchart Wrote: Pitt has the inside track and gets to face the Packers later without Rodgers.

So who is going to win the Division ?

A Chance to call your shot here... Rock On
They Already lost to DA Bears nothing is a given for them.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 02:40 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Whoever does will surely be suspended so I'd vote Hill because everyone around here wants him benched anyway...that said, I think I once heard something about Mixon having a mean right hook? Can't remember, probably only heard it once in passing Ninja Could be useful if you want to go that route 

I'd probably go Jeremy Hill. He's good at falling down at inopportune times. He can be the Dean Portman on the offense.
[Image: Cuq78bPWYAY9sA8.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 03:05 PM)Trademark Wrote: The thing is, this NFL season has been strange, no team looks elite and the Steelers seem to play down to competition and lose, they lost to a bad Bears team and average Jags team. They have some games coming up that they could easily lose besides us.. (Lions, Colts, Ravens Patriots Texans.)

It has been strange.

Denver & the Bills hold the two Wildcard spots right now.

Even with their struggles the Patriots are 4 & 2 along with the Steelers.  Chiefs are 5 an 1.

It is Wide Open for Wildcard spots and this week is a near must win for a chance at the Division by the Bengals.

Bengals would be 2 and 4 with a Loss and the Steelers would be 5 and 2 with a win.

Bengals 3 and 3 versus Steelers 4 and 3 if Bengals win.

Gotta have it...
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 02:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It comes from the Top. The Steelers invest all resources into winning.

With less cap space than us they:

1) Extended Brown
2) Extended DeCastro
3) Extended Tuitt
4) Extended Villaneuva
5) Tagged Bell
6) Signed Haden

The Bengals:
1) Let Whitworth Walk
2) Low-balled Zeitler with a reported $5.5 million offer. DeCastro got $10 million.
3) Extended Burfict
4) Signed Minter to a 1 year deal
5) Signed a career RT in Andre Smith to play Guard

WHICH TEAM is more dedicated to winning?

Had Bengals management ran the Steelers, they would have likely:
1) Not extended Brown
2) Let Decastro Walk (Comp Pick!!!)
3) Extended Tuitt
4) Not extended Villaneueva
5) Let Bell Walk
6) Not signed Haden
Have you got this shit on a loop?  Why do you take such delight in rubbing our noses in it constantly?  Do you think there is a single one of us who isn't already  painfully aware?  Give it a rest, please.  Son of a *****, it gets so old.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:57 PM)depthchart Wrote: Must be nice to root for a team that can have total chaos around them and yet they hold the #2 Playoff Seeding with a 4 & 2 record.

Just heard last night that wide receiver Martavis Bryant is upset at not being used enough and asked for a Trade out of Pittsburgh, adding to the negative Drama.  Still 4 & 2.

Even if the Bengals can win in Pittsburgh next week and embarrass the "3 B's" (Ben, Brown & Bell) they will still be a game ahead of us in the Win column.

Their schedule just got easier now that they get to Host Green Bay without Aaron Rodgers on November 26th.

I hate to say it but barring an injury to one of the "3 B's", it will be a slim chance for the Bengals to pass the Steelers up for this Division.

Have to beat them twice to make it a real race.  IMO

Meanwhile, the Bengals Wildcard chances improved with losses by Jacksonville, Denver, Raiders, Jets & Ravens.

Getting a 1 and 1 spilt of games with the Steelers, then winning key AFC tiebreaker games against the Jags, Colts, Titans, Ravens & Broncos may be the likely best path to the Playoffs for the Bengals.

Then maybe a do or die shot against the Steelers in the Playoffs as the hungry underdog that no one respects.
Well Hell, Why even play the rest of the season then.  Send all the players home. Cancel rest of Bengals games.  Give ticket money back to fans.  Have ownership give money back to TV Networks. Have ownership give revenue sharing back to NFL and the other 31 owners.  Lose a ton of money and maybe another city will buy franchise and move it from Cincinnati to states away.

There are many threads on here today making excuses for why we will lose to Steelers this Sunday and this season.  The NFL is unfair to Burfict.  The Refs let Steelers get away with everything and a different set of rules for them.  Many threads with built in EXCUSES for losing.  Excuses are the crutch of losers. You can be all ready to lose when you have already made your excuse crutches. Of course Bengals haven't played Steelers this season and therefore haven't lost yet, but fans already have the excuse crutches for losing lined up all over this web site. 

So why even play the rest of the season since all the experts have us losing ?......Then again, the experts haven't been very right about anything NFL this year or in years past.....So since the experts are wrong more than right.....Maybe Bengals should go ahead and play the rest of the season.  The game is not played on paper or a computer and is played on the field. Often what happens on the field is different from what gamblers or computer slide ruler geeks predict. Even Collinsworth and Michaels last night on Sunday Night Football said that the NFL games are showing all the NFL experts and pregame shows including theirs are being shown they don't know anything. The scores are the opposite of what the experts predict and so the experts don't know anything. Collinsworth and Michaels agreed that nobody knows anything and all the experts are wrong....So if that is the case, maybe Bengals should just keep playing the season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 06:28 PM)kevin Wrote: Well Hell, Why even play the rest of the season then.  Send all the players home. Cancel rest of Bengals games.  Give ticket money back to fans.  Have ownership give money back to TV Networks. Have ownership give revenue sharing back to NFL and the other 31 owners.  Lose a ton of money and maybe another city will buy franchise and move it from Cincinnati to states away.

There are many threads on here today making excuses for why we will lose to Steelers this Sunday and this season.  The NFL is unfair to Burfict.  The Refs let Steelers get away with everything and a different set of rules for them.  Many threads with built in EXCUSES for losing.  Excuses are the crutch of losers. You can be all ready to lose when you have already made your excuse crutches. Of course Bengals haven't played Steelers this season and therefore haven't lost yet, but fans already have the excuse crutches for losing lined up all over this web site. 

So why even play the rest of the season since all the experts have us losing ?......Then again, the experts haven't been very right about anything NFL this year or in years past.....So since the experts are wrong more than right.....Maybe Bengals should go ahead and play the rest of the season.  The game is not played on paper or a computer and is played on the field. Often what happens on the field is different from what gamblers or computer slide ruler geeks predict.

Read more carefully...

I said the Bengals still had a "slim chance" at winning the Division or that they could possibly meet the Steelers in the Playoffs as a Wildcard with a "do or die" shot to take them down then.

Bengals still have a shot at both the Division or a Wildcard but the Steeler's win versus the Chiefs coupled with them getting to play the Packers without Aaron Rodgers slims the Bengals chances.

I'm OK with them playing out the rest of the games. Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 03:47 PM)McC Wrote: Have you got this shit on a loop?  Why do you take such delight in rubbing our noses in it constantly?  Do you think there is a single one of us who isn't already  painfully aware?  Give it a rest, please.  Son of a *****, it gets so old.

No reason to get made at him. This is our ownership/management that constantly does this to us. Even through all the Brown bullshit, we all continue to be fans and support this team. However, Mike Brown is the biggest reason for this team's futility. The fact that as owner and GM, his sole driving force is money and then winning his (cheap) way.

Yes, we're all painfully aware and I can see that some of us are tired of talking about it. I will continue to blast Brown every chance I get. It doesn't mean I don't love or support the team or that I don't support the players. I just know that until the entire Brown family has been removed from this franchise, we'll get to watch the Steelers beat the shit out of us and be superior.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 06:47 PM)depthchart Wrote: Read more carefully...

I said the Bengals still had a "slim chance" at winning the Division or that they could possibly meet the Steelers in the Playoffs as a Wildcard with a "do or die" shot to take them down then.

Bengals still have a shot at both the Division or a Wildcard but the Steeler's win versus the Chiefs coupled with them getting to play the Packers without Aaron Rodgers slims the Bengals chances.

I'm OK with them playing out the rest of the games. Wink

No, I've read the garbage on this site and you don't have to carefully look at every thread.  It's pretty easy to see the endless threads of slim chances, weak Bengals, Burfict and Bengals treated unfair by Refs.  Steelers a better team and yet Refs give them all the breaks.  The world is against us. Climb in the toilet, flush and say good-bye cruel world, I'm off to join the circus.   So we have thread after thread of built in crutches for losing to Steelers this Sunday  ...Of course Bengals could win Sunday and go to 2-1 in the AFC North and tied losses with Steelers at 3. Yes Steelers would have one more win due to bye week, but Bengals would have key division win over Steelers.  Instead of high hopes for victory though, many on this site are already covering their rear ends with excuses in case Bengals lose.  We never have a fair chance and the NFL is mean to our poor Bengy's.  Of course our Defense could shut down Steelers and our Offense is improving and scores enough to win Sunday. Of course this would mean all the gloom and doom threads would be wrong, what a horrible nightmare that would be. I guess much better for these fans if Bengals just lose so they can be right.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:08 PM)packerbacker Wrote: It would be great if the Bengals beat the Steelers in the playoffs this season. You guys always play Pittsburgh tough so you never know.

Thanks, PB, and the Bengals have one thing this year that I can't remember ever seeing against piggy:  a pass rush that can get home with the front four.  

This is the team that I was thinking about when always clamoring for an outside speed rusher and the synergy it would create with Geno and Dunlap.  Heck, even MJ is getting home now from a DT position due to some of the other pressures.  We don't have just one guy that is capable of making a game-changing play this week, but three in Lawson, Willis, and Smith that are new to the mix.  Their depth allows for a rotation to keep fresh guys coming off the edge and generating pressure.

For years, the Bengals would stubbornly rush just four guys, the steelers front would go max protection, piggy would pat the ball for what seemed like an eternity and then finally dump it off to a RB for an easy first down.  Watch, wince, repeat....for soooo many years.  

Not this year.  Vigil can cover their TEs.  The defense will have 7 in coverage.  And no longer will piggy be able to say to himself:  "this little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home, this little piggy got roast beef, and this little piggy cried weeeeeeeee....".  This time, this little piggy will be slaughtered and made in to bacon and I can't wait.  
Reply/Quote