Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Out and 4 In
Every year in the NFL, on average, Four teams that made the postseason the prior year do not make the postseason the following year, and are replaced by four teams that did not make the postseason the prior year. So my question for the group is:

What four do you believe won't make it, and who are the four new teams? The playoff teams from 2020 are listed below. My predictions are below the teams listed.

Seed AFC NFC
1 Kansas City Chiefs (West winner) Green Bay Packers (North winner)
2 Buffalo Bills (East winner) New Orleans Saints (South winner)
3 Pittsburgh Steelers (North winner) Seattle Seahawks (West winner)
4 Tennessee Titans (South winner) Washington Football Team (East winner)
5 Baltimore Ravens (wild card) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (wild card)
6 Cleveland Browns (wild card) Los Angeles Rams (wild card)
7 Indianapolis Colts (wild card) Chicago Bears (wild card)

My four out: Steelers, Colts, Bears, Seahawks

My four in: Bengals (but of course!), Patriots, 49ers, and Giants (I think Saquan being back will be huge for them)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Out: Steelers, Ravens, Bears, Saints

In: Patriots, Chargers, Cardinals, Falcons

(Ravens I think will have a winning record at either 9-8 or 10-7 and miss from tiebreakers.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 12:55 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Every year in the NFL, on average, Four teams that made the postseason the prior year do not make the postseason the following year, and are replaced by four teams that did not make the postseason the prior year.  So my question for the group is:

What four do you believe won't make it, and who are the four new teams?  The playoff teams from 2020 are listed below.  My predictions are below the teams listed.  

Seed                     AFC                         NFC

My four out:  Steelers, Colts, Bears, Seahawks

My four in:  Bengals (but of course!), Patriots, 49ers, and Giants (I think Saquan being back will be huge for them)

OUT: Colts, Bears, Saints, & Browns

IN: Dolphins, Cardinals, Chargers, & WFT

I'd like to put the Bengals in but I have no confidence in ZT. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 01:09 PM)Mer Wrote: OUT: Colts, Bears, Saints, & Browns

They were already in last year.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 01:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: They were already in last year.

Oops!

Then I'll go with Detroit. And Seibert kicks the field goal to seal their playoff appearance. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 01:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Out: Steelers, Ravens, Bears, Saints

In: Patriots, Chargers, Cardinals, Falcons

(Ravens I think will have a winning record at either 9-8 or 10-7 and miss from tiebreakers.)

Shocked to hear you say Ravens, as they are still loaded.  And the Falcons?  I see one position group where they are better than the Bengals.  Why do you think the Rats fail (which I would love) and the Falcons soar?  

Chargers were on the bubble for me. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 01:09 PM)Mer Wrote: OUT: Colts, Bears, Saints, & Browns

I honestly would be sick if the Dolphins made it over the Bengals.  No way do I see that happening.  
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 02:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Shocked to hear you say Ravens, as they are still loaded.  And the Falcons?  I see one position group where they are better than the Bengals.  Why do you think the Rats fail (which I would love) and the Falcons soar?  

Chargers were on the bubble for me. 

I don't think the Falcons are as bad as their record indicated last year. Plus I think the Saints are going to be worse, and they get to play the NFC East this year which helps any (non-Bengals) team improve their record with some extra wins. The Falcons have the 3rd easiest schedule in the NFL this year. (Plus we were playing 4 in 4 out, so I had to pick a 4th in. Lol)

Ravens are going to be hurt by Dobbins being gone for the season. I don't think Zeitler and Villanueva are going to be a good replacement to replace Orlando Brown being traded and the huge void they missed last year at G when Yanda retired. It looks like with the 1st and 4th round WRs, they're going to be looking to throw more, and I don't think that will end well. They also have the 2nd hardest schedule in the NFL this year after having THE easiest heading into 2020.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 02:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I honestly would be sick if the Dolphins made it over the Bengals.  No way do I see that happening.  

What's so shocking about that? Dolphins were 10-6 last year, Bengals were 4-11-1. I don't think the Dolphins make the playoffs this year, but I don't see how they're less likely than the Bengals to make it. Dolphins have the 27th hardest schedule in 2021, Bengals the 6th, and they were 5.5 games better last year. Dolphins had the 6th best scoring defense in the league last year.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 12:55 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Every year in the NFL, on average, Four teams that made the postseason the prior year do not make the postseason the following year, and are replaced by four teams that did not make the postseason the prior year.  So my question for the group is:

What four do you believe won't make it, and who are the four new teams?  The playoff teams from 2020 are listed below.  My predictions are below the teams listed.  

My four in:  Bengals (but of course!), Patriots, 49ers, and Giants (I think Saquan being back will be huge for them)

My Out.
Colts,  Rams,  WFT, Saints

My IN
Chargers, 49ers, cowboys, Vikings

Cause who knows lol
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 02:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I don't think the Falcons are as bad as their record indicated last year. Plus I think the Saints are going to be worse, and they get to play the NFC East this year which helps any (non-Bengals) team improve their record with some extra wins. The Falcons have the 3rd easiest schedule in the NFL this year. (Plus we were playing 4 in 4 out, so I had to pick a 4th in. Lol)

Ravens are going to be hurt by Dobbins being gone for the season. I don't think Zeitler and Villanueva are going to be a good replacement to replace Orlando Brown being traded and the huge void they missed last year at G when Yanda retired. It looks like with the 1st and 4th round WRs, they're going to be looking to throw more, and I don't think that will end well. They also have the 2nd hardest schedule in the NFL this year after having THE easiest heading into 2020.

I think one of the Ravens' WR is injured as well???

I am surprised still about the Falcons.  Terrible defense.  Tough division.  Saints might actually be better than last year as much as I love Drew Brees.  He was so hobbled last year.  He couldn't make all the throws and I love their defense.  

Ravens are surely due for a clunker, but as dynamic as Jackson is as a runner, I will see them as a playoff team until he gets injured from running too much.  
Reply/Quote
Out

Bears, Saints, Steeler's and Colts

In
49ers, Cardinals, Dolphins, Pats
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 02:49 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think one of the Ravens' WR is injured as well???

I am surprised still about the Falcons.  Terrible defense.  Tough division.  Saints might actually be better than last year as much as I love Drew Brees.  He was so hobbled last year.  He couldn't make all the throws and I love their defense.  

Ravens are surely due for a clunker, but as dynamic as Jackson is as a runner, I will see them as a playoff team until he gets injured from running too much.  

but winston throws as many Ints as he does TDs hes the reason i took the saints out
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 02:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: What's so shocking about that? Dolphins were 10-6 last year, Bengals were 4-11-1. I don't think the Dolphins make the playoffs this year, but I don't see how they're less likely than the Bengals to make it. Dolphins have the 27th hardest schedule in 2021, Bengals the 6th, and they were 5.5 games better last year. Dolphins had the 6th best scoring defense in the league last year.

I guess I just don't see it in Tua.  They don't have as good an offensive line as the Bengals (did I just write that) nor do they have as good a weapons.  Their defense is solid, but they lived on turnovers last year....a lot provided by inexperienced QBs at Jets, Bengals, Jacksonville.  Goff had horrible game against them with 2 fumbles and an INT.  Tua passed for a whopping 93 yards in that one. 

They had a big win against SF, but was largely predicated by their knocking out Garappolo and playing Beatherd.  Fitzmagic also started that game, who is gone.  Tua got knocked out of Raider win, and Fitzy won that one as well.  

So, of those 10 wins, 2 came against the Jets (who should be better), 1 against the Bengals backup QB (nuff said), 1 against Minshew and Jax, and 1 was where Tua was losing and got injured and Fitz replaced him and won the game.  That's 5 of the 1- wins that were against dregs or had Fitzmagic to win it.  

Not saying they only win 5 games, but they will have a much tougher time in the AFC East with the Pats.  Should be interesting.  
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 12:55 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Seed                     AFC                         NFC

Four out: GB (5-12... crystal ball says ARod will get hurt), NO (5-12), CHI (7-10), CLE (8-9... it's illegal to predict a Browns playoff berth).

Four in: MIN (9-8), ARI (11-6... Kyler will breakout), DAL (11-6... #Dakisback), OAK (10-7... flying under the radar; thought they had a good draft).
Reply/Quote
Out - Steelers, Colts, Bears, Saints

In - Bengals, Broncos, 49ers, Cardinals
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 01:31 PM)Mer Wrote: Oops!

Then I'll go with Detroit. And Seibert kicks the field goal to seal their playoff appearance. 
Bengals out but Detroit probably the worst team in the NFL (next to the Texans) in? Lmao
Reply/Quote
Four out: Washington, Chicago, Pitt and Indy

Four In: San Diego, Miami, Atlanta, and the NFC Least winner which will probably be Dallas.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 12:55 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: What four do you believe won't make it, and who are the four new teams?  The playoff teams from 2020 are listed below.  My predictions are below the teams listed.  

4 out: Saints, WFT, Colts, Bears

4 In: Cowboys, 49ers, Cardinals, Chargers
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 02:49 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think one of the Ravens' WR is injured as well???

They lost another RB for the year today, along with another player, to ACLs. But they did sign leveon bell
Reply/Quote