Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 way stop, right away, police
Yesterday on my way home from work came to a 4 way stop. Left side car was there first, then me then a police car pulled at the stop sign to the right. Car on left goes then it was my turn and I went. I was there before the police car and not by a second but very obvious. As I go through, he puts the lights on and pulls me over. He rushed up to my car and was pretty upset. I remained calm and asked what I did wrong. He went on a diatribe about how I need to respect the law and just because of my car type doesn't allow me to again not respect the law. Unfortunately, I laughed, when I get in a heated situation sometimes my natural reflex is to laugh. The fun then began. I was asked to get out of my vehicle and put my hands on my hood. I asked why and he said I was mocking him and not allowing him to gather information about his stop. I got heated and told him, either put the bracelets on me and arrest me or get your supervisor here.
Backup came, a female police person, and she asked me exactly what happened. I told her then she asked me to stay on the side of the road. She speaks with angry and they both come back and tell me I am free to go and to drive safe. I told her that was not good enough and got his badge number. Not going to do much but I will make a complaint, what a joke!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Sucks. At the end of the day, cops are people and sometimes don't make the best decision. Hopefully he was just having a bad day — which doesn't excuse it — and that's not how he normally handles things.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 3f9e9bf5317839c2f93eb9d1192ad53c21307d72...358ed2.jpg]

Should have said....

As a tax payer, I pay your salary, and therefore your employer/boss. As your boss, I have determined that if you cannot handle something as simple as a 4 way stop, you need relieved of duty. Now please hand me your badge and firearm.

Cops dig me.
Ninja
Reply/Quote
He was probably texting and didn't see you there before him.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I was respectful and and did zero wrong. I didn't act out or as I would like to put it stood up to his ignorance until he pulled utter BS! When I called him out and told him to either arrest me or call for backup he did the latter. His supervisor agreed and therefore I was let go.  He impeded me from getting home in a timely manner, caused me stress and was out of line. I get that you must respect the law and officers but in this case- he wanted to be a douche nozzle and I felt more than in my rights to not be bullied by a bored and angry officer. 

Sorry, maybe this should have been put in with the Vent thread, but the whole situation really irritates me and the more I think about it, the more frustrated I get.  Believe me, I get the whole cop respect thing.  Blue lives matter, etc. We even lost two cops recently in the line of duty here.  Watching that funeral procession was quite an emotional sight.  But this kid just irritated the holy hell out of me. I say kid, because he was WAY younger than myself.   
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 12:47 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote:  just because of my car type doesn't allow me to again not respect the law. 

What did he mean by thius?

(04-07-2016, 02:11 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote:  He impeded me from getting home in a timely manner, caused me stress and was out of line.

Sorry, maybe this should have been put in with the Vent thread, but the whole situation really irritates me and the more I think about it, the more frustrated I get.  Believe me, I get the whole cop respect thing.  Blue lives matter, etc. We even lost two cops recently in the line of duty here.  Watching that funeral procession was quite an emotional sight.  But this kid just irritated the holy hell out of me. I say kid, because he was WAY younger than myself.   

Also there is potential embarrassment of someone you know seeing you being frisked by the police.

Police often ask if they can search your car even when they don't have the right to search it without your permission.  Most people are afriad that it will look suspicious if they refuse.  It has never happened to me, but if it did I would just say that I was in a hurry, and that I also don't want people to see me by the side of the road with the police searching my car.  that way you are giving a legit answer without seeming suspicious or disrespectful of the police.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 03:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What did he mean by thius?
Hawk's ride:
[Image: j1fHDOu.jpeg]

Quote:Also there is potential embarrassment of someone you know seeing you being frisked by the police.

Police often ask if they can search your car even when they don't have the right to search it without your permission.  Most people are afriad that it will look suspicious if they refuse.  It has never happened to me, but if it did I would just say that I was in a hurry, and that I also don't want people to see me by the side of the road with the police searching my car.  that way you are giving a legit answer without seeming suspicious or disrespectful of the police.

Good advice.  Will remember.  thanks.

That sucks Hawk.   Ask for a dashcam video of the incident.  Might include audio of the event.  Then move, because you won't want to live there anymore.
Reply/Quote

Also there is potential embarrassment of someone you know seeing you being frisked by the police.

I don't know?  I just drive a small SUV.  nothing fancy.  There's no sub woofer in the back.  No kickers or rocker panels.  The windows are barely even tinted. Its one step up from Mom's grocery getter.   

I would have been f**kin' furious if he attempted to frisk me or search my car.  Not that I am hiding anything, but its the whole principle of it.  I wasn't even drinking a pop.  I even thought, 'well maybe he caught me taking a swig from a pop can', but I wasn't drinking anything.   Now I'm thinking I'm in their "system" and they are going to be looking for me now.  I won't be able to do 56 in a 55 mph zone without getting pulled over. 

Reply/Quote
So did he pull you over because he thought it was his turn to go? I mean that happens a lot. People lose track sometimes.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 09:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So did he pull you over because he thought it was his turn to go?  I mean that happens a lot.  People lose track sometimes.

I guess so.  That and to show off his "authority". 

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 04:39 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I don't know?  I just drive a small SUV.  nothing fancy.  There's no sub woofer in the back.  No kickers or rocker panels.  The windows are barely even tinted. Its one step up from Mom's grocery getter.   

I would have been f**kin' furious if he attempted to frisk me or search my car.  Not that I am hiding anything, but its the whole principle of it.  I wasn't even drinking a pop.  I even thought, 'well maybe he caught me taking a swig from a pop can', but I wasn't drinking anything.   Now I'm thinking I'm in their "system" and they are going to be looking for me now.  I won't be able to do 56 in a 55 mph zone without getting pulled over. 

if you think they are starting to follow you unjustly or pull you over for some shit like that file a harashment complaint.

My friends and i used to get followed all over town i have no idea why we were just walking.

Generally at stop signs though ill wave the cop ahead... just because ive never been pulled over from a cop in front of me.
Reply/Quote

[Image: 5875412381_42ea0672c4_b.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
You got pulled over for going right away. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 12:47 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Yesterday on my way home from work came to a 4 way stop. Left side car was there first, then me then a police car pulled at the stop sign to the right. Car on left goes then it was my turn and I went. I was there before the police car and not by a second but very obvious. As I go through, he puts the lights on and pulls me over. He rushed up to my car and was pretty upset. I remained calm and asked what I did wrong. He went on a diatribe about how I need to respect the law and just because of my car type doesn't allow me to again not respect the law. Unfortunately, I laughed, when I get in a heated situation sometimes my natural reflex is to laugh. The fun then began. I was asked to get out of my vehicle and put my hands on my hood. I asked why and he said I was mocking him and not allowing him to gather information about his stop. I got heated and told him, either put the bracelets on me and arrest me or get your supervisor here.
Backup came, a female police person, and she asked me exactly what happened. I told her then she asked me to stay on the side of the road. She speaks with angry and they both come back and tell me I am free to go and to drive safe. I told her that was not good enough and got his badge number. Not going to do much but I will make a complaint, what a joke!

Always suxx to get pulled over and even more to have to get out and lean on the hood.  At least it didn't end badly for you.  I have a rule of thumb in such situations.  I always let the cop go first, no matter who got there first.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Maybe im ignorant of the law but I just thought it was common courtesy to give the right of way to the person on your right if both arrive at the same time. I didnt realize you could be pulled over for it and get a possible moving violation out of it. I mean, I guess a cop can stop you for whatever they damn well please but this seems awfully petty of him. Unless you had rolled through the stop, I dont see why he would waste his time.
Reply/Quote
Was it a cop from a small time station or city/county? Idk what state you're in, but PA makes it really simple to file a 'right to know' aka Freedom of Info request on departments/officials. Plus, in PA, the burden to produce what you ask for is on them to either produce it or give a legal reason to the state office why they can't. Do some research before you request anything to make sure you know what to ask for, but this is one way to get a dash cam footage.

The reason why I ask about the size of the department is because is it worth doing this or not. if it's a small station, then the 'right to know' official is probably the chief. You could file the complaint in person at the station, so you know word will get back to the specific officer who pulled you over. If it's a huge city department, the right to know official will be it's own separate department, and isn't going to send a message to the officer.

Figuring out the exact reason why you where detained would also be a good idea. Initially it was for the stop sign, you know that, but what was his exact legal basis for ordering you out of your car is the big part. Laughing is freedom of speech, he knew he couldn't arrest you.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
BTW as angry as something like this makes any of us it is worth noting that it was corrected by a superior officer.

I see a lot of threads complaining about problems with the "system" (schools, police, government, etc) when it is really just a problem with an individual messing up his job.

Not saying there are no sytemetic problems in any of these areas.  Just reminding everyone to notice the difference when an issue arises.
Reply/Quote