Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 years 140M, 110M guaranteed is the starting place for Jamarr after Jefferson signs
(06-04-2024, 10:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, it is one thing to take the NFL by surprise, but another to adjust to how teams play you and still be damn good.

Yep. Glad he didn't take that get better stats after your rookie year approach, like so many lesser WRs do. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 11:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meh, we'll just disagree on what constitutes being a better WR. 

I just hope he gets closer to my definition of better in 2024 than yours. As I said: I'll be happier with crappier player, better stats. 

Ja'Marr Chase had more Yards, Receptions, and Points per game in 2022  but played in 5 less games than 2021.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 12:07 AM)Synric Wrote: Ja'Marr Chase had more Yards, Receptions, and Points per game in 2022  but played in 5 less games than 2021.

But less YPC and TDs/game; if we're going to ignore production and use "averages". 

We agree on a lot, but we'll just disagree that JC was a "better" WR in 22 than 21. 

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 01:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: So they must have agreed to have the guarantee occur in phases then. Spotrac is not really clear did you find a better source?

Understanding the details of the contract tells you everything you need to know.

Couple of things:

100% is never required to escrow.
1st year cash taken by the player is excluded from escrow calculation.
Future option/roster bonuses are not required to be put into escrow.

Jefferson's contract has 110M guaranteed.  30M of that is a 2025 roster/option bonus.  

On top of that, he is to receive over 88M guaranteed at signing.  Thus the guaranteed portion is likely covered.  We do not know the exact numbers of the required escrow due to the fact that we do not know how the 5th year option salary was handled, is that 19M included in the "guaranteed" amount?  5th year option is also never required to be escrowed.

Thus there is likely zero due to escrow in Jefferson's case.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 08:02 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Understanding the details of the contract tells you everything you need to know.

Couple of things:

100% is never required to escrow.
1st year cash taken by the player is excluded from escrow calculation.
Future option/roster bonuses are not required to be put into escrow.

Jefferson's contract has 110M guaranteed.  30M of that is a 2025 roster/option bonus.  

On top of that, he is to receive over 88M at signing.  Thus the guaranteed portion is likely covered.  We do not know the exact numbers of the required escrow due to the fact that we do not know how the 5th year option salary was handled, is that 19M included in the "guaranteed" amount?  5th year option is also never required to be escrowed.

Thus there is likely zero due to escrow in Jefferson's case.

Thanks! This was the kind of structural detail I was hunting for. Spotrac has him receiving $38,063,000 at signing and a total of 51.257 million becomes guaranteed later. So 110 million minus the 38,063,000 minus the 51.257 gives roughly 22.7 million they had to put into escrow?
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 11:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep. Glad he didn't take that get better stats after your rookie year approach, like so many lesser WRs do. 

Soooo...Chase sets the franchise single season receiving yardage record...in a season where he didn't even crack the fanchise Top 10 for Targets in a season...and ties for second for receiving TD's in a season...and bfine is like, "Do better".  
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 12:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: Soooo...Chase sets the franchise single season receiving yardage record...in a season where he didn't even crack the fanchise Top 10 for Targets in a season...and ties for second for receiving TD's in a season...and bfine is like, "Do better".  

Lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 12:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: Soooo...Chase sets the franchise single season receiving yardage record...in a season where he didn't even crack the fanchise Top 10 for Targets in a season...and ties for second for receiving TD's in a season...and bfine is like, "Do better".  

You were so close. I simply asserted not matching his rookie year is not "getting better". 

Of course I want him to surpass his rookie number; even at the expense of getting better

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2024, 11:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep. Glad he didn't take that get better stats after your rookie year approach, like so many lesser WRs do. 

Numbers aren't everything...

You have to have perspective, and Chase still had damn good numbers after the NFL adjusted to him.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 11:48 AM)Joelist Wrote: Thanks! This was the kind of structural detail I was hunting for. Spotrac has him receiving $38,063,000 at signing and a total of 51.257 million becomes guaranteed later. So 110 million minus the 38,063,000 minus the 51.257 gives roughly 22.7 million they had to put into escrow?

I would agree, but it depends on if they included the 5th year option cash of 19M and if they considered that as part of the 110M, then it would be less than 3M and not have any escrow.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 10:15 PM)casear2727 Wrote:
I would agree, but it depends on if they included the 5th year option cash of 19M and if they considered that as part of the 110M, then it would be less than 3M and not have any escrow.

Thanks for the details in the deal Casear. I don't think I could look all that up. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Chase though his first 4 years including playoffs is a top 4 WR in NFL history. Get out of here with that crazy talk he isn't worth as much as Jefferson. He missed a half season with injuries He doesn't get hurt he may have the best 4 year start ever
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2024, 01:23 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Chase though his first 4 years including playoffs is a top 4 WR in NFL history. Get out of here with that crazy talk he isn't worth as much as Jefferson. He missed a half season with injuries He doesn't get hurt he may have the best 4 year start ever

And the crazy thing is he did it in only 3 years

Reply/Quote