Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
401k Shit the Bed?
(05-12-2020, 01:37 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I did my taxes and put my prior years IRA contribution into my account in March and have been wanting to buy. Looks like I missed the lows but I have no idea. The market is doing just crazy shit that makes no sense to me. Like Friday when the final April unemployment numbers came out at around 20 million people and the market shot up. I can’t wrap my head around it.

My guess is that had more to do with government handouts than unemployment numbers. Companies can keep going up in value (stock wise) if they're getting tens of billions in bailouts while laying off employees.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-12-2020, 01:37 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I did my taxes and put my prior years IRA contribution into my account in March and have been wanting to buy. Looks like I missed the lows but I have no idea. The market is doing just crazy shit that makes no sense to me. Like Friday when the final April unemployment numbers came out at around 20 million people and the market shot up. I can’t wrap my head around it.

I've bought a little, but I dont trust anything about the market right now so Im holding a higher percentage of cash than normal. You may have missed the lowest low (maybe) but there will be plenty of slumps to ride over the next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]