Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paris Protests/Riots
Anyone else watching this stuff over in France? Macron is taking some heat, polling worse than Trump according to some sources.

Here is one of the latest articles from the AP: https://apnews.com/e3788b2dc7b14229be0eaadc7cc8b450

And here is a bit about the protests themselves: https://correspondent.afp.com/yellow-explosion-paris

What has been interesting in this is that the protests contain both right and left wing populist elements. Essentially, everyone thinks that Macron is just out to benefit the wealthy.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(12-10-2018, 01:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Anyone else watching this stuff over in France? Macron is taking some heat, polling worse than Trump according to some sources.

Here is one of the latest articles from the AP: https://apnews.com/e3788b2dc7b14229be0eaadc7cc8b450

And here is a bit about the protests themselves: https://correspondent.afp.com/yellow-explosion-paris

What has been interesting in this is that the protests contain both right and left wing populist elements. Essentially, everyone thinks that Macron is just out to benefit the wealthy.

From what I heard there is no organization to these at all.  As you say EVERYONE is out protesting for one thing or another.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
BURNING MAN
https://correspondent.afp.com/burning-man
Zakaria Abdelkafi

So on Monday I was following them, because I knew they would do something. I was standing between them and the police, so that I could shoot on both the right and the left. And as I was shooting, I thought how I wanted to show that the police were the victims here. Because these guys were just attacking them. They were throwing stones and glass bottles at them, anything that they could get their hands on. And all the police were doing was throwing tear gas back. Again, you have to understand. I am from Syria, where police shoot people with real bullets. And here, they weren’t doing anything.

When I shoot, when I have my eye on the lens, I forget everything else. So when they threw the Molotov cocktail, I didn’t actually see it. I just saw the guy engulfed in flames and I just snapped away. It was the first Molotov cocktail that they threw. I kept on following the policeman who was burning. In that picture that went viral, he is trying to kick a tear gas canister back at the demonstrators. I heard him screaming. And the policemen around him were screaming too. I kept taking pictures until he was taken away by medics.

I have seen many people die in front of me. I have seen many people wounded. But this policeman really got to me. I know what bad police are. In Syria, police are not there to protect people. I have seen them just shoot people, in the head, in the chest. Here in France, they are here to protect people. At this demonstration, they didn’t do anything, just threw some tear gas. And he is a human being and is being burned alive. And if someone is not affected by this, then he is not a human being himself.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I fail to see the nuances of the situation. The people voted to leave the EU so leave the EU. How hard was it for us to leave the TPO?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-10-2018, 06:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I fail to see the nuances of the situation. The people voted to leave the EU so leave the EU. How hard was it for us to leave the TPO?

Wrong thread.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(12-10-2018, 06:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Wrong thread.

I'll be the judge of which thread I post in.

OK, it's the wrong thread, but the right Continent. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-10-2018, 01:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Anyone else watching this stuff over in France? 

I think that's becoming the prevailing thought in places where it wasnt just a few decades ago. Personally, I feel that's become the norm in most countries, with a small number of people getting more benefit from legislation and retaining a greater concentration of wealth.
(12-10-2018, 06:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I fail to see the nuances of the situation. The people voted to leave the EU so leave the EU. How hard was it for us to leave the TPO?

The Brits voted to leave the EU.  Time for the French to settle down and accept that decision.